Proud To Be White

C'mon all of youse. Either stop flaming or let the thread die. Don't make the mean mods close it, do the right thing for NT's memory.

Don't want to seem insensitive, but NT's memory, what's up?

I could be wrong, but seems she left because 4 of 'her' threads were closed. Happens with controversial stuff, but it pissed her off.

Wow Clay,

Great comeback, I'm sure the asswipes you hang with are giving you high fives. You refer to my dogs spelled the correct way unlike the wigger way you spelled it earlier, are you speaking about dogs as in pets(don't have any) or dogs as in feet(slang as in, my dogs are tired) or were you just attempting to insinuate that I have some kind of perverse sexual thing going on with a pet and peanut butter(don't have a dog and not really fond of peanutbutter).Do you have a dog and smere peanutbutter on your little private parts to take the place of a boyfriend, is that what you are insinuating I do?? I have never heard of this but then again my generation has always been into normal boy/girl human relationships. It is really funny though, picturing you with your hat on sideways, your team jersey oversized, your cargo pants pulled down, a jar of Peter Pan(pun intended)sitting next to you while your clipped toy poodle with painted nails engulfs your little private part. That is hilarious, thanks. he he he
I'm not sure if I'd call that thought "funny." "Disturbing" maybe. You thinking about it is DEFINITELY disturbed. And for having never heard of it, you sure seem to know way more details than I did. I had no idea you fantacized about me in such perverse ways. Glockmail must be blushing right now.
I guess you are refering to my comments about the profession I have practiced for nearly 30 years. You're right, you have a toy camera so you must know better. Then again it just may be that you see yourself in my criticism of the way that the "do everything cameras" make it easy for even the dumbest twats to think they have captured a great image when actually it is nothing but a weak ass snapshot that the camera did all of the thinking to reproduce.
Lots of conjecture in there, but I'm sure you had a point. Somewhere.
Your not upset, that's too bad, that is my life's ambition... to get the fabulous clay taurus upset.... shit, I thought for a second there I could get you to pop a cap at me. Not worried about getting hit, wiggers can't shoot for shit but it is fun to watch you guys emulate idiots in rap videos.
How do you have so much knowledge about the shooting skills of wiggers? Do they shoot at you a lot? That must be a stressful life.
I was born in the mid fifties, don't really remember much about them. I do remember having a great deal of fun in the late sixties and beyond. I don't miss the popular music from the sixties, seventies, and eighties ....I can listen to it anytime on my newfangled ipod or through my home theater system that is connected to my MAC and itunes. I now listen more to progressive jazz which is just great REAL musicians playing REAL music(no stealing of others and then talking over it) it's good anytime. When I think about it, I have enjoyed my life immensely and could check out tomorrow with a smile on my face.
Name your 5 favorite progressive jazz artists. As a music fan (which I'm sure you'll question the validity of that title) I'm legitimately interested.
Looks like you are wrong as usual on all of your attempts to criticize me Clay and now we all know that you have a very strange relationship with your toy poodle.
I had no idea you were only born in the 50's. Most 50 year olds I know and work with are no where near as far gone as you. I can understand why you're so bitter though, you know you've got many more excruciating years of standing abandoned in that shopping mall. I'm so sorry. Good for you for having an IPod though. You're technologically right up there with a sorority girl! Way to go skippy!

The only thing that you need to know is that yours is for you and your poodle to play with, SKIPPY DICK!

:mm: :rotflmao: :teeth: :happy2:
I'm still waiting to here if that was the intelligent sophisticated humor I'm to emulate.

I appreciate your timely response, although understand any delays now that Sitarro has given you ideas for your obvious bounty of free time.

No, the argument that it can be traced back to the hippie generation is spot on.

Pre hippie generation we didn't have.... massive amounts of drugs....

Could that have anything to due with a lack of anti-drug policies in those days?

Grandma had already gulped her share of opium or cocaine laced tonics before that first hit of acid ever touched the flower child's tongue.

America has always been a nation of dopeheads.

I could be wrong, but seems she left because 4 of 'her' threads were closed. Happens with controversial stuff, but it pissed her off.

Last I saw, she posted a thread "Don't bother banning me," and told Darin she wouldn not be threatened by a mod. Last I've seen of her, and you'd have to ask Darin for details.

Could that have anything to due with a lack of anti-drug policies in those days?

Grandma had already gulped her share of opium or cocaine laced tonics before that first hit of acid ever touched the flower child's tongue.

You're living proof of THAT.

Not my granny, maybe yours?

Not my granny, maybe yours?

Hell if I know, though I would think not.

It was a pretty generalized statement, I wasn't calling anyone's grandma out... ;)

Condensed reading:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/buyers/socialhistory.html

Cocaine is derived from the coca plant native to the Andean highlands of South America. Pure cocaine was first isolated in the mid-nineteenth century, but its effects weren't recognized in the medical world until the 1880s. In 1883, Dr. Theodor Aschenbrandt, a German army physician, prescribed cocaine to Bavarian soldiers during training to help reduce fatigue(7). In July, 1884, Sigmund Freud published Uber Coca, a hymn of praise to the drug which, along with "Vin Mariani," a coca wine manufactured by a Corsican chemist, helped lead to the drug's popularization in Europe. In 1886 John Pemberton of Atlanta, Georgia began to market "Coca-Cola," a syrup derived from coca leaves and African kola nuts. The same year Dr. William Alexander Hammond, the Surgeon-General of the U.S. Army endorsed the medical use of cocaine at a meeting of the New York Neurological Society(8). Throughout the early 1900s unregulated medicinal "tonics" were sold containing ingredients including cocaine and opium(9). By 1902 there were an estimated 200,000 cocaine addicts in the United States, and by 1907, U.S. coca leaf imports were three times their 1900 levels(10). Hundreds of early Hollywood silent films depicted scenes of drug use and trafficking(11).

In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act outlawed cocaine in the United States and usage declined throughout the 1940s through the 1960s(12). In the 1970s cocaine regained popularity as a recreational drug and was glamorized in the U.S. popular media. Articles from the time proclaimed cocaine as non-addictive. The drug was viewed as harmless until the 1985 emergence of crack.

Cocaine usage peaked in the United States 1982 with 10.4 million users. The 1998 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse reported that cocaine was used by 3.8 million Americans. As of 1999, Colombiaremained the world's leading producer of cocaine, producing three quarters of the world's annual yield(13).

Opiates were popular in the United States throughout the 19th century, particularly among women(16). Tonics and elixirs containing opium were readily available in drugstores, and doctors commonly prescribed opiates for upper and middle class women suffering from neurasthenia and other "female problems." Chinese laborers who came to work on U.S. railroads in the 1850s and 1860s brought with them the practice of opium smoking. While a San Francisco city ordinance passed in 1875 banned smoking opium within city limits, by the turn of the century opium dens were commonplace throughout the nation(17). In the l890s, tabloids owned by William Randolph Hearst published stories of white women being seduced by Chinese men and their opium to invoke fear of the "Yellow Peril." (18).

The synthesis of morphine by Friedrich Sertuerner of Germany in 1803 led physicians to label the drug as "God's own medicine" for its reliability, long-lasting effects, and safety(19). The mid-nineteenth century invention of the hypodermic syringe and the use of injectable morphine as a pain reliever during the American Civil War led to the first wave of morphine addiction. In 1895, Heinrich Dreser, working for the Bayer Company in Germany, synthesized heroin. Bayer began to market the drug in 1898. In the early 1900s heroin was seen as a potential solution to the increasing problem of morphine addiction, and the philanthropic St. James Society mounted a campaign to mail free samples of heroin to morphine addicts. Heroin addiction grew, particularly in northern industrial slums.

In the second major wave of American opiate addiction, heroin was integrated into the new cultural identity of the "hipster"(20), first through the Harlem jazz scene in the 1930s and 1940s and then through the Beatnik subculture of the 1950s. During this period the major supply of heroin entering the U.S. came through the "French Connection"--a collaboration between Corsican gangsters in Marseille and the Sicilian Mafia. In April 1971, Congressman Robert Steele (R-CT) investigated reports of rampant heroin abuse among U.S. servicemen in Vietnam. His fact-finding mission estimated an addiction rate of 10 to 15%. This alarming statistic, combined with emerging evidence linking heroin addiction to crime, pushed the heroin problem to the front of Nixon's drug policy agenda.

Improvements in purity of street heroin in the 1980s and 1990s led to the potential of the drug being effectively smoked and snorted(21). Usage of heroin increased significantly in the 1990s. Historically the majority of the drug entered the U.S. through the French Connection or the Golden Triangle of Southeast Asia (Burma, Thailand, Laos), however since 1993 South American drug organizations have been expanding from the cocaine market into the heroin market.

It was a pretty generalized statement, I wasn't calling anyone's grandma out... ;)

Condensed reading:

Cocaine is derived from the coca plant native to the Andean highlands of South America. Pure cocaine was first isolated in the mid-nineteenth century, but its effects weren't recognized in the medical world until the 1880s. In 1883, Dr. Theodor Aschenbrandt, a German army physician, prescribed cocaine to Bavarian soldiers during training to help reduce fatigue(7). In July, 1884, Sigmund Freud published Uber Coca, a hymn of praise to the drug which, along with "Vin Mariani," a coca wine manufactured by a Corsican chemist, helped lead to the drug's popularization in Europe. In 1886 John Pemberton of Atlanta, Georgia began to market "Coca-Cola," a syrup derived from coca leaves and African kola nuts. The same year Dr. William Alexander Hammond, the Surgeon-General of the U.S. Army endorsed the medical use of cocaine at a meeting of the New York Neurological Society(8). Throughout the early 1900s unregulated medicinal "tonics" were sold containing ingredients including cocaine and opium(9). By 1902 there were an estimated 200,000 cocaine addicts in the United States, and by 1907, U.S. coca leaf imports were three times their 1900 levels(10). Hundreds of early Hollywood silent films depicted scenes of drug use and trafficking(11).

In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act outlawed cocaine in the United States and usage declined throughout the 1940s through the 1960s(12). In the 1970s cocaine regained popularity as a recreational drug and was glamorized in the U.S. popular media. Articles from the time proclaimed cocaine as non-addictive. The drug was viewed as harmless until the 1985 emergence of crack.

Cocaine usage peaked in the United States 1982 with 10.4 million users. The 1998 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse reported that cocaine was used by 3.8 million Americans. As of 1999, Colombiaremained the world's leading producer of cocaine, producing three quarters of the world's annual yield(13).

Opiates were popular in the United States throughout the 19th century, particularly among women(16). Tonics and elixirs containing opium were readily available in drugstores, and doctors commonly prescribed opiates for upper and middle class women suffering from neurasthenia and other "female problems." Chinese laborers who came to work on U.S. railroads in the 1850s and 1860s brought with them the practice of opium smoking. While a San Francisco city ordinance passed in 1875 banned smoking opium within city limits, by the turn of the century opium dens were commonplace throughout the nation(17). In the l890s, tabloids owned by William Randolph Hearst published stories of white women being seduced by Chinese men and their opium to invoke fear of the "Yellow Peril." (18).

The synthesis of morphine by Friedrich Sertuerner of Germany in 1803 led physicians to label the drug as "God's own medicine" for its reliability, long-lasting effects, and safety(19). The mid-nineteenth century invention of the hypodermic syringe and the use of injectable morphine as a pain reliever during the American Civil War led to the first wave of morphine addiction. In 1895, Heinrich Dreser, working for the Bayer Company in Germany, synthesized heroin. Bayer began to market the drug in 1898. In the early 1900s heroin was seen as a potential solution to the increasing problem of morphine addiction, and the philanthropic St. James Society mounted a campaign to mail free samples of heroin to morphine addicts. Heroin addiction grew, particularly in northern industrial slums.

In the second major wave of American opiate addiction, heroin was integrated into the new cultural identity of the "hipster"(20), first through the Harlem jazz scene in the 1930s and 1940s and then through the Beatnik subculture of the 1950s. During this period the major supply of heroin entering the U.S. came through the "French Connection"--a collaboration between Corsican gangsters in Marseille and the Sicilian Mafia. In April 1971, Congressman Robert Steele (R-CT) investigated reports of rampant heroin abuse among U.S. servicemen in Vietnam. His fact-finding mission estimated an addiction rate of 10 to 15%. This alarming statistic, combined with emerging evidence linking heroin addiction to crime, pushed the heroin problem to the front of Nixon's drug policy agenda.

Improvements in purity of street heroin in the 1980s and 1990s led to the potential of the drug being effectively smoked and snorted(21). Usage of heroin increased significantly in the 1990s. Historically the majority of the drug entered the U.S. through the French Connection or the Golden Triangle of Southeast Asia (Burma, Thailand, Laos), however since 1993 South American drug organizations have been expanding from the cocaine market into the heroin market.

All I know is my grandparents, all 4 of them, came here from Ireland between 1888-1898 escaping starvation. The youngest was 11, with no kin in transit or upon arrival. They scrapped through, including serving in Spanish-American War and WW!. Got through the depression. Out of 11 kids, 1 finished college and eventually earned a Phd. All of there grandchildren and great grandchildren finished college. While one of the 4 had alcohol problem, none of them went for opiates.

How does one go from reasonable moderate conservative to raving hardline lunatic in less than 3 years time?

Its a thought thats been on my mind for awhile now.

Think it's me, do you? Try looking in the mirror sometime, bud. I'm STILL a reasonable, moderate conservative.

But I respond to inflammatory bullshit in kind, and always have.

Condensed reading:

This certainly backs up your statement that "America has always been a nation of doepheads.":rolleyes:

Think it's me, do you? Try looking in the mirror sometime, bud. I'm STILL a reasonable, moderate conservative.

But I respond to inflammatory bullshit in kind, and always have.
Yup, me too. For instance when I see 'Proud to be White' I think, ok that's like "proud to be right handed.' 'Proud to be a woman', "Proud to be a mother." These are thinks that happen, though I guess the mother part was a choice. :dunno:

Yup, me too. For instance when I see 'Proud to be White' I think, ok that's like "proud to be right handed.' 'Proud to be a woman', "Proud to be a mother." These are thinks that happen, though I guess the mother part was a choice. :dunno:

My take on it is this ....agree or disagree, "proud to be white" is backlash. IMO whites have every right to be as proud of their heritage as anyone else does. However, if whites are proud of their heritage, they are racist. Every other race is just "proud of their heritage."

Hypocrisy at its best.

My take on it is this ....agree or disagree, "proud to be white" is backlash. IMO whites have every right to be as proud of their heritage as anyone else does. However, if whites are proud of their heritage, they are racist. Every other race is just "proud of their heritage."

Hypocrisy at its best.
Mine is that it's all 'garbage'. While it might be a bitch to have been born black or in the Sudan or in Iraq, that's life. Same with being white, no one earned it and the 'perks' came of no trials, what of it?

That shouldn't give anyone a pass, but it's nothing to celebrate.

I'm not sure how one can either take pride or, conversely, feel shame, about something over which one has no control... like the color of one's skin.

We really, really need to drop this outdated notion of race as "just a skin color." This is serious scientific misinformation that has thrown discussions of race way off track. Our understanding of genetics has progressed beyond this.

For the record, a "race" is a quite real biological phenomenon. It is a human subspecies formed over the course of thousands of years through geographical isolation and evolutionary pressure. It is GENETIC. You can tell a person's race by looking at their DNA under a microscope. In many ways, a race is literally an extended family. The races of the world differ sharply in average levels of intelligence and behavior patterns.

http://www.isteve.com/RealityofRace.htm

For this reason, multiracial societies do not function as smoothly as monoracial societies. You may or may not be "proud to be white," but you sure as hell live a happier, healthier life among those biologically closer to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back