Proud To Be White

Mine is that it's all 'garbage'. While it might be a bitch to have been born black or in the Sudan or in Iraq, that's life. Same with being white, no one earned it and the 'perks' came of no trials, what of it?

That shouldn't give anyone a pass, but it's nothing to celebrate.

You're focussing on skin color. People are proud of their heritage/ancestry. The society in which we live DOES celebrate it, and we are brought up to think that way. It might be "just life," but it also defines who and what we are.

For instance, I was born and raised a United States Marine. I bleed green. Why the rest of you mere mortals are even having a debate about this is beyond me.:D

You're focussing on skin color. People are proud of their heritage/ancestry. The society in which we live DOES celebrate it, and we are brought up to think that way. It might be "just life," but it also defines who and what we are.

For instance, I was born and raised a United States Marine. I bleed green. Why the rest of you mere mortals are even having a debate about this is beyond me.:D

See you are what I think of, 'we' are who we are. That doesn't mean I'm not happy with being 'all Irish', but not nearly as much as having a grandfather getting off one ship onto a USS frigate. Not nearly as much as having my dad being at Utah Beach. Not nearly as much as having visited our capital, which is NOT Dublin.

This certainly backs up your statement that "America has always been a nation of doepheads.":rolleyes:

So you did read it!

Way to keep an open mind there to historical records and... oh wait, whats with that :rolleyes: at the end?

...you were being sarcastic weren't you! :gay:

Mine is that it's all 'garbage'. While it might be a bitch to have been born black or in the Sudan or in Iraq, that's life. Same with being white, no one earned it and the 'perks' came of no trials, what of it?

That shouldn't give anyone a pass, but it's nothing to celebrate.

I don't go around proclaiming my pride of being white to the world. It's not something that's overly important to me. What is important is the hypocrisy of all the other races proudly proclaiming their pride, but the second a white person even SUGGESTS they're pride in being white, they're a stinking low down racist. It's one of the hugest double standards there is in America, and hypocrisy at it's height.

THAT is the real reason I posted the article. Several here have got it, several haven't.

I don't go around proclaiming my pride of being white to the world. It's not something that's overly important to me. What is important is the hypocrisy of all the other races proudly proclaiming their pride, but the second a white person even SUGGESTS they're pride in being white, they're a stinking low down racist. It's one of the hugest double standards there is in America, and hypocrisy at it's height.

THAT is the real reason I posted the article. Several here have got it, several haven't.

I for one get it everytime they advertize for the NAACP Image awards, Black Miss America, Hispanic Awards -tv and cinema, to name a few.

I for one get it everytime they advertize for the NAACP Image awards, Black Miss America, Hispanic Awards -tv and cinema, to name a few.

There's no reasonable defense for it. The apathy towards it confuses the shit out of me.

Amen brother.:halo:

So you did read it!

Way to keep an open mind there to historical records and... oh wait, whats with that :rolleyes: at the end?

...you were being sarcastic weren't you! :gay:

The fact that dope existed, in various form, and the usual 10% used them, does NOT support your statement that the US is a "nation of dopeheads."

Of course that WOULD reasonably explain those who vote Democrat .......

Am I proud of being white? No I'm asshamed the whites before me didn't allow folk of color to go on and if they failed they failed alone! If they were a success they did it on there very own without any scape goats nor any reason to use the race card or any other thing that we've had to deal with in our faces! I believe in equal opportunity-----> That means you earn it, work for it and achieve it yourself without any damn catches! And i will add the race card isn't just used in the US but all over the world were folk of color has or claim to still be oppressed:boohoo:
And can you imagine the world with Archy Bunker and George Jefferson?

Am I proud of being white? No I'm asshamed the whites before me didn't allow folk of color to go on and if they failed they failed alone! If they were a success they did it on there very own without any scape goats nor any reason to use the race card or any other thing that we've had to deal with in our faces! I believe in equal opportunity-----> That means you earn it, work for it and achieve it yourself without any damn catches! And i will add the race card isn't just used in the US but all over the world were folk of color has or claim to still be oppressed:boohoo:
And can you imagine the world with Archy Bunker and George Jefferson?

I fine it odd, that you could feel ashamed for something that lasted less than a hundred years, in this country, and was done generations ago, and lastly, by only a small part of this nations population.

I suppose you also feel ashamed the whites broke EVER treaty they ever made with the Indian nations? That Indians are at the bottom of the economic ladder in their own country?

Play the "race card" all you want, we have to play the cards we're dealt. If someone "buys" it, shame on them. As your "race card" is called, and raised, THAT card will stop being an issue.

There IS lots out there to feel ashamed about, but I'd say feeling ashamed, should be an emotion best served warm. No need to go back 200 years!

I didn't go back a couple hundred years ago, I did watch the news and saw some of those folk who reside in the Southern US back in Post Katrina in New Orleans and I was ashamed to be from this country. The inability to live with out welfare or government housing or handouts in general and yet jump up and down and say whitey didn't protect us was and is BS! I'm part Indian myself and yes when reviewing the food chain the true natives have gotten a very raw deal. But as far a being proud of being white I again say no. I get tired of having to kiss everyones butt because of the race and creed block in the equal opportunity section of society! I didn't request my race or color before I got here. So to turn the other cheek is difficult when salt is being pressed in the wound. Until the government changes and completely refuses to allow this type of stuff to prevail then we all have to live with our forefathers actions.
It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Forum List

Back