Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

He lied about the price as well.
Big Mac index 2015 Statistic
OH, AND LOOK, FINLAND IS BELOW US. LOL

Finland also has absolutely no minimum wage at all. Finland McDonald's employees are paid almost the same as they are here in the US. Thus logically, the prices of a McBurger are also relatively the same.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay...-Pay-EJI_IE432.0,10_KO11,26_IL.27,34_IN79.htm
Still much higher then $7.25, and let's also consider the wonderful benefits given by the state in finland, and yet, the big mac still costs less. Finland also has strong labor participation, unions, which america is severely lacking in. Keep spewing more BS

No, not true. When I was working at McDonald's myself, I wasn't paid minimum wage. Minimum wage is reserved almost exclusively for part time, and new hires. If you work there just 6 month straight, you'll be making significantly more than minimum wage. If you stay a full year, working full time, you'll easily be a dollar plus more than the minimum wage.

McDonald s raising average worker wage to about 10 an hour Reuters

The average wage RIGHT NOW.... when the minimum wage is $7.25.... is $9. When the average wage in Finland is 9€, that is highly comparable. Again, 9€ is the average, just like $9 in the US is the average. Meaning many make less, and many make more, exactly like the US.

So as I said.... wages are extremely comparable, and thus prices are also very comparable.

By the way, I've read that in Finland, McDonald's starts off employees as "trainees" for only 4€/hr. Much lower than the minimum wage here, which could be why prices are slightly lower in Finland, than in the US.
Yeah, I used to work a mcdonalds, my coworkers who had been there for 2 years were making 7.85, what's your point? Ok, that's the average wage, now tell me the average wage in finland?
In Finland, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is 26 904 USD a year, more than the OECD average of 23 938 USD a year
OECD Better Life Index
Yet, the big mac still costs less.
9 in finland is $ 9.78, and finland has a higher average wage, let alone all the benefits
Oh, yeah, how long are they trainees, and you've already admitted that the "bottom workers" are just a minority, why don't we look at your averages? You're getting desperate.

No, I'm not desperate at all. In fact, I have always believed that it's the person who constantly accuses everyone else of being desperate, that they themselves are the desperate ones. The fact your argument is so poor, your falling back on accusing everyone of being desperate.... kind of implicates yourself in your own accusation.

Back to the better life index...

The two are not really connected. If everyone who worked at McDonalds went to college and get a degree in Engineering, they would all be making tons of money later in life.

The fact is, some people choose to not do this. In fact, when I was working at McDonald, there was a manager there, a chick who had a degree in Architecture. Now... that not a bad degree. The average salary for such a degree is $73K. Yet she was earning a fraction of that as shift manager at McDonald. Why? I asked her, like "Why the HECK are you here?" and she told me straight up, she wanted the flexibility of working at McDonalds, and be at home with her kids more.

We have more low-skill and low-wage employees in America. A significant chunk of that is choice. More people in Finland choose to move up to higher paying employment. Thus they have pretty good per capita income.

Has nothing to do with how much McDonald's pays its employees. Has to do with how McDonald employees make the choice to move up the economic ladder.
Oh, Andy, you truly are pathetic. You've decided to completely ignore that you flat out lied about the big mac price, which is fun I guess. My argument is poor? I use actual data, and good job not addressing your hilarious connections. Oh god, here we go, what a fucking straw man, that has nothing to do with finland's average wage, the big mac price, the minimum wage's affect on price... What bullshit, the majority of mcdonalds workers don't want to work there if they could get a better job, you're an idiot if you truly think that.

Taken from your article. Also, hm, countries with higher minimum wages worldwide pay less for big macs, as shown:

You were claiming 15 dollars. Sorry, I do use facts, you make idiotic connections, try to connect the minimum wage to the 2008 crisis... Unbelievable.
Big Mac index 2015 Statistic - 2015 - Look at the countries below us, many pay out higher wages on average, have higher minimum wages...
Your only evidence is a comment on tripadvisor, let alone that Oslo is just one city? Fucks sake man.

So you have decided that people who have actually gone to Norway, and lived there, and have reported back, are not legitimate sources of data.

You have now disqualified yourself from the debate.

McDonald s Sweden Taunts Norway With Big Mac Billboard at the Border Adweek

Sweden posted a bill board:

In Norway, a Big Mac costs the equivalent of about $14.41, says the billboard. In Sweden, it's only about $9.08. Of course, that's still way too much for a Big Mac.

So even the people in Sweden, make fun of the fact a Big Mac is $14.41 in Norway.

How many people do you need to tell you that you are wrong, before you admit that you don't know what the flip your talking about?
I've disqualified myself? You've tried to blame the 2008 crisis on the minimum wage.
norway big mac price - Google that, tell me the first result. First comment on that article on fucking adweek?
Ice cold trollin'

Like a Swede.
LOL

No, you have absolutely proven yourself unqualified to talk. I have googled it, and looked through dozens of articles, all saying the same thing.

AT this point, you have identified yourself as a person who refuses all facts that do not jive with your predetermined answer.

You have completely revealed to everyone that you intend to not look at the evidence. Very well. Remain ignorant, but don't expect to convinced anyone anywhere of your position. Perhaps you'll find some simple minded forest gump type that will buy your pre-packaged ignorance, but the rest of us will not.
It’s debating stupid people that’s hard
Oh, I absolutely agree, it's a real problem, isn't it, especially when you're trying to claim a single big mac is $15
:rofl:
Thomas Sowell was talking about you. Look... I've made my case, and provided clear cut evidence a dozen times now.

You have made the choice to be ignorant. That's fine. I'm not mad. You can stay uninformed until you die. It's no skin off my back. Good luck with that.
YOU HAVE LITERALLY LIED TO EVERYONE. THIS IS THE GUY WHO CLAIMED THE BIG MAC IN NORWAY IS $15, WHEN THE VERY EVIDENCE HE POSTED SAYS IT IS, WHAT, $7 in 2014 or some shit? In fucking Oslo... Just, wow... words cannot express the dishonesty coming from you.

The most expensive McDonald s in the world - NY Daily News

"In Norway, you'll pay $23 for a single meal of Big Mac, soda and fries"

That's for the "value" meal.

McDonald s Storgata Oslo - Restaurant Reviews Phone Number Photos - TripAdvisor

From people who have actually been there.:

"Considering the prices in Norway, McDonalds is in the cheap end of the scale. Still... $15 for a Bic Mac is way overpriced - but that's the norwegian way. "

Now, you have to decide whether you are going to believe the facts....... or not.

Which is it? The way you answer this question will drastically affect how everyone on this forum views you from here on.
According to the The Economist’s latest Big Mac Index, which is used to measure the purchasing power parity between two currencies, a Big Mac sandwich in Norway sets customers back $7.06.
Taken from your article. Also, hm, countries with higher minimum wages worldwide pay less for big macs, as shown:

You were claiming 15 dollars. Sorry, I do use facts, you make idiotic connections, try to connect the minimum wage to the 2008 crisis... Unbelievable.
Big Mac index 2015 Statistic - 2015 - Look at the countries below us, many pay out higher wages on average, have higher minimum wages...
Your only evidence is a comment on tripadvisor, let alone that Oslo is just one city? Fucks sake man.

So you have decided that people who have actually gone to Norway, and lived there, and have reported back, are not legitimate sources of data.

In Norway, a Big Mac costs the equivalent of about $14.41, says the billboard. In Sweden, it's only about $9.08. Of course, that's still way too much for a Big Mac.

So even the people in Sweden, make fun of the fact a Big Mac is $14.41 in Norway.

How many people do you need to tell you that you are wrong, before you admit that you don't know what the flip your talking about?
I've disqualified myself? You've tried to blame the 2008 crisis on the minimum wage.
norway big mac price - Google that, tell me the first result. First comment on that article on fucking adweek?
Ice cold trollin'

Like a Swede.
LOL

No, you have absolutely proven yourself unqualified to talk. I have googled it, and looked through dozens of articles, all saying the same thing.

AT this point, you have identified yourself as a person who refuses all facts that do not jive with your predetermined answer.

You have completely revealed to everyone that you intend to not look at the evidence. Very well. Remain ignorant, but don't expect to convinced anyone anywhere of your position. Perhaps you'll find some simple minded forest gump type that will buy your pre-packaged ignorance, but the rest of us will not.
Oh, I absolutely agree, it's a real problem, isn't it, especially when you're trying to claim a single big mac is $15
It's interesting he isn't considering the cost of business of American companies overseas. It isn't cheap. That's a big reason why they have high prices

Ice cold trollin'

Like a Swede.
LOL

It's interesting he isn't considering the cost of business of American companies overseas. It isn't cheap. That's a big reason why they have high prices
And yet, look at where we are on the list:
He's completely full of shit.

Finland also has absolutely no minimum wage at all. Finland McDonald's employees are paid almost the same as they are here in the US. Thus logically, the prices of a McBurger are also relatively the same.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay...-Pay-EJI_IE432.0,10_KO11,26_IL.27,34_IN79.htm
Still much higher then $7.25, and let's also consider the wonderful benefits given by the state in finland, and yet, the big mac still costs less. Finland also has strong labor participation, unions, which america is severely lacking in. Keep spewing more BS

No, not true. When I was working at McDonald's myself, I wasn't paid minimum wage. Minimum wage is reserved almost exclusively for part time, and new hires. If you work there just 6 month straight, you'll be making significantly more than minimum wage. If you stay a full year, working full time, you'll easily be a dollar plus more than the minimum wage.

The average wage RIGHT NOW.... when the minimum wage is $7.25.... is $9. When the average wage in Finland is 9€, that is highly comparable. Again, 9€ is the average, just like $9 in the US is the average. Meaning many make less, and many make more, exactly like the US.

So as I said.... wages are extremely comparable, and thus prices are also very comparable.

By the way, I've read that in Finland, McDonald's starts off employees as "trainees" for only 4€/hr. Much lower than the minimum wage here, which could be why prices are slightly lower in Finland, than in the US.
Yeah, I used to work a mcdonalds, my coworkers who had been there for 2 years were making 7.85, what's your point? Ok, that's the average wage, now tell me the average wage in finland?
In Finland, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is 26 904 USD a year, more than the OECD average of 23 938 USD a year
OECD Better Life Index
9 in finland is $ 9.78, and finland has a higher average wage, let alone all the benefits
Oh, yeah, how long are they trainees, and you've already admitted that the "bottom workers" are just a minority, why don't we look at your averages? You're getting desperate.

No, I'm not desperate at all. In fact, I have always believed that it's the person who constantly accuses everyone else of being desperate, that they themselves are the desperate ones. The fact your argument is so poor, your falling back on accusing everyone of being desperate.... kind of implicates yourself in your own accusation.

The two are not really connected. If everyone who worked at McDonalds went to college and get a degree in Engineering, they would all be making tons of money later in life.

The fact is, some people choose to not do this. In fact, when I was working at McDonald, there was a manager there, a chick who had a degree in Architecture. Now... that not a bad degree. The average salary for such a degree is $73K. Yet she was earning a fraction of that as shift manager at McDonald. Why? I asked her, like "Why the HECK are you here?" and she told me straight up, she wanted the flexibility of working at McDonalds, and be at home with her kids more.

We have more low-skill and low-wage employees in America. A significant chunk of that is choice. More people in Finland choose to move up to higher paying employment. Thus they have pretty good per capita income.

Has nothing to do with how much McDonald's pays its employees. Has to do with how McDonald employees make the choice to move up the economic ladder.
Oh, Andy, you truly are pathetic. You've decided to completely ignore that you flat out lied about the big mac price, which is fun I guess. My argument is poor? I use actual data, and good job not addressing your hilarious connections. Oh god, here we go, what a fucking straw man, that has nothing to do with finland's average wage, the big mac price, the minimum wage's affect on price... What bullshit, the majority of mcdonalds workers don't want to work there if they could get a better job, you're an idiot if you truly think that.

So when Sweden is posting that Norway Big Macs are $15, you claim they all lied. No, you are just willfully choosing to be ignorant. By all mean. Remain as dumb as you want.

Ice cold trollin'

Like a Swede.
LOL

And yet, look at where we are on the list:
He's completely full of shit.
Yeah true. They would need low prices to accommodate.

OECD Better Life Index

So when Sweden is posting that Norway Big Macs are $15, you claim they all lied. No, you are just willfully choosing to be ignorant. By all mean. Remain as dumb as you want.
They are literally advertising, the closest I can find is a big mac meal cost $15 in oslo, McDonalds Big Mac Meal prices
They are pointing at the meal, and the first comment on that cherry picked article while ignoring the economist, your own article from earlier.. is about sweden trolling. Get the fuck out of here.

OECD Better Life Index

Oh yeah, your article links to this: http://www.economist.com/news/finan...un-loving-guide-currencies-grease-proof-taper
Where is 15?

OECD Better Life Index

Oh yeah, your article links to this: http://www.economist.com/news/finan...un-loving-guide-currencies-grease-proof-taper
Where is 15?

I've already posted numerous links as proof of my claims. You have made the choice to remain dumb. That's ok. Just remain as dumb as you want.

OECD Better Life Index

Where is 15?

I've already posted numerous links as proof of my claims. You have made the choice to remain dumb. That's ok. Just remain as dumb as you want.
And I went to all of your links, examined where they got their sources, posted their sources, and all of them point towards what I've been saying, and the closest I could find to what you're saying? a 15 dollar big mac meal in oslo. Get the fuck out of here, or admit you're wrong.

If kids and people were smart nobody would apply for those jobs. The company then cannot find people to fill those jobs. Let em rot for selling that ungodly awful swill they claim is food. Anyone who eats that garbage is asking for problems. America is dumb when it comes to figuring out that diet is a big part of why our society is among the worlds most unhealthy.

Do those of you who support MW think that all jobs should pay enough to live on? Should employment that pays less be illegal? Should people be allowed to volunteer? Intern for no or little wages?

Forum List

Back