Protesters Disrupt Traffic On George Washington Bridge, Causing Major Delays

If there's one way to create a surge of Trump voters out of undecideds, this is the way.

Keep it up leftards. It's great when they show their true colors like this.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Protesters chained themselves together on the George Washington Bridge, disrupting traffic during the height of the morning rush hour Wednesday.

The inbound upper level was closed for only 15 minutes, but the damage was done.

PHOTOS: Protest Shuts Down George Washington Bridge

Delays into New York at one point reached 90 minutes

Protesters with an immigrant rights group held up a banner reading “Resist, Organized, Rise Up!” and blocked traffic heading into New York around 8 a.m.

Video on social media showed drivers clashing with protesters and truckers honking their horns, as police took demonstrators into custody.

“Get the f— out of the road, are you f—–g kidding me?” one man is seen yelling at the protesters.

“Get the hell out of here, you want to go protest, protest on your own time,” another man said.

This has to stop. There are laws that traffic cannot be stopped. They should pull out the Nat'l Guard to arrest them and jail them for 30-60 days for the first offense.

you're a hatelful little thing, aren't you?

you couldn't care less about traffic disruption. you'll defend any rightwingnut action. your objection is that you don't like the people protesting.

no one is interested

Absolutely right. I despise mother fuckers that block traffic and disrupt others who are trying to go about their business, and if any of these pieces of shit are here illegally, they should be arrested and deported.

I would definitely NOT want to be the first protester to walk out into the road, the one that stopped traffic. Talk about craziness and guts!
It doesnt take guts to be a stupid ass and walk out into traffic.

It takes a lack of brain power.

A smart person would toss an empty card board box into the road in front of them and the cars would stop or go around it.
Maybe that's how they started it, huh? Good idea. See what a bad anarchist I would be?

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Protesters chained themselves together on the George Washington Bridge, disrupting traffic during the height of the morning rush hour Wednesday.

The inbound upper level was closed for only 15 minutes, but the damage was done.

PHOTOS: Protest Shuts Down George Washington Bridge

Delays into New York at one point reached 90 minutes

Protesters with an immigrant rights group held up a banner reading “Resist, Organized, Rise Up!” and blocked traffic heading into New York around 8 a.m.

Video on social media showed drivers clashing with protesters and truckers honking their horns, as police took demonstrators into custody.

“Get the f— out of the road, are you f—–g kidding me?” one man is seen yelling at the protesters.

“Get the hell out of here, you want to go protest, protest on your own time,” another man said.

This has to stop. There are laws that traffic cannot be stopped. They should pull out the Nat'l Guard to arrest them and jail them for 30-60 days for the first offense.

you're a hatelful little thing, aren't you?

you couldn't care less about traffic disruption. you'll defend any rightwingnut action. your objection is that you don't like the people protesting.

no one is interested

Absolutely right. I despise mother fuckers that block traffic and disrupt others who are trying to go about their business, and if any of these pieces of shit are here illegally, they should be arrested and deported.
I would definitely NOT want to be the first protester to walk out into the road, the one that stopped traffic. Talk about craziness and guts! And probably the commute is that bad two days out of three because of a disabled motorist or fender bender, anyway.

There have been a couple protesters recently that learned the hard way that trying to walk out in front of a moving vehicle is not good for the health. People are getting fed up with these protests that block roads and keep people from getting to their work or play. It you want to protest, great, line up on the steps of the capitol building but don't block traffic, don't trespass, and don't get into people's face. It doesn't help your cause.

BLM has become nothing more than a front for looting, mayhem, assaulting police, and arson. The message they tried to convey has been lost in the lawlessness.
This wasn't BLM, though. I thought it was an immigrant rights group. Yeah, I commuted in Connecticut for many years and I got to the point that I once watched a car engulfed in flames and all I cared about was that it stopped traffic for an hour. Any other point in my life, I would have been worried for occupants, etc. etc. Commuting in a highly congested urban area can take all the humanity out of you.
I think the reason some groups are taking to the highway, though, is because it's the most effective way to get attention. Who covers people in front of the state house, and who cares?

I hope these scum balls block traffic every day until election day!
There is NO BETTER WAY to guarantee Trump becomes President.

If there's one way to create a surge of Trump voters out of undecideds, this is the way.

so the idea of the uneducated angry white males is to keep everyone from protesting who they don't approve of?

STFU...seriously... let us know when Hillary Clinton's campaign organized the protest.

:cuckoo:

Jillian should have learned by now her fat butt has no chance in a chess match with Rambunctious...

I laughed when I heard about this story........obviously these idiots don't know New Yorkers. A couple more of these types of events and you're gonna hear about people being tossed off the bridge!! That'll be even funnier! That'll stop that shit in its tracks.:popcorn:

so the idea of the uneducated angry white males is to keep everyone from protesting who they don't approve of?

STFU...seriously... let us know when Hillary Clinton's campaign organized the protest.

:cuckoo:

Protesting requires disrupting other people's daily lives? I think not. The right to protest does not include breaking the law by obstructing a public road without a permit.

BLM protests all the time, and no one cares. That's why they have to resort to violent tactics and civil disobedience, it's the only way to force people into acknowledging them.

Forum List

Back