Obamacare Prices; UNBELIEVABLE!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
If you are poor and can get the subsidies, your prices wont go up by much, but if you are Middle Class and not eligible for subsidies? Well, FUCK YOU!

POL01_bronz_102416-700x1024.png

http://www.investors.com/news/obamacare-subsidies-to-explode-as-cheapest-bronze-plan-costs-surge-28/

President Obama last week called for subsidies for the middle class who are excluded from the law's help. Yet IBD explained why Obama's ObamaCare prescription misses the law's most fundamental problem: Two in three people who earning a working-class income from 150% to 250% of the poverty level remain either uninsured or woefully underinsured.

Even consumers who are eligible for subsidies and don't face a premium increase may find other reasons to be unhappy about the new offerings at HealthCare.gov. Plan choice is down dramatically as UnitedHealth (UNH), Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) exited most exchanges where they are doing business this year, and many nonprofit co-ops went out of business. Even if people can get a plan at the same after-subsidy cost, it may force them to change doctors.

UnitedHealth lost 0.5% to 144.69 on the stock market today. Aetna gained 0.7% to 112.02 while Humana ticked up 0.2% to 176.27.

The average deductible for the cheapest bronze plan in each of these 38 markets will rise to $6,358, up 5% from $6,045 this year. But that's nothing compared to the rise in deductibles among the cheapest silver plan, which will jump 18% to $4,261 from $3,613 in 2016. That jump is no small part due to the impact of Ambetter plans from Centene (CNC), which carry silver-plan deductibles of up to $7,050. Although the plans do offer some predeductible benefits, most big-ticket items aren't covered until the deductible is exhausted.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-26_9-46-16.png
    upload_2016-10-26_9-46-16.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
Nothing in the 2700+ pages of the law made the healthcare insurance affordable. It was affordable in name only. Adults are now required by law to purchase insurance. The premiums are getting more expensive, the deductibles are now higher. On the positive side, I'm covered in case I get pregnant... Oh wait...

Nothing in the 2700+ pages of the law made the healthcare insurance affordable. It was affordable in name only. Adults are now required by law to purchase insurance. The premiums are getting more expensive, the deductibles are now higher. On the positive side, I'm covered in case I get pregnant... Oh wait...
But I think it covers gender reassignment should you so desire. It's now available for the military.

I think it covers gender reassignment should you so desire.
Hey, that is very important to Democrats; you never know what white male Democrat might want to go the full Monty and just whack off their male equipment; why not? Its not like they need it anyway.

Southern Dad, I am not speaking of you since I get the impression you're not a Dimbocrat.

The plan was rammed down the throats of the American people by the Democrats. The left tries to blame the Republicans for this mess but not one Republican voted for it and it sure wasn't signed into law by a Republican. The Democrats own this one lock, stock, and barrel.

One of their biggest mistakes was thinking the young and healthy would all sign right up for the insurance. They allowed those up to 26 years old to stay on their parent's plans that didn't help the pool generate more premiums. Those that are young and healthy realize they can just pay the fine now, and if they get sick later then purchase healthcare insurance.

Imagine if you could buy full coverage auto insurance, after the wreck.

Tangentially related to all of this, the 'outburst' or whatever people were calling it, by Bill Clinton a while back, calling Obamacare "the craziest thing in the world", which people were calling outright crazy, and evidence they needed to shut him up, doesn't look so crazy now.

I said it then, and I'll say it now, that was rehearsed, not some off the cuff remark. They knew this might be coming and gave her an out on this issue.

Gotta hand it to them, those Clintons sure do know how to manipulate the rubes.

And who is responsible for raising the rates of the ACA premiums? Hint it isn't Oblamacare..it is the same guys that raised it annually before Oblamacare.....

And who is responsible for raising the rates of the ACA premiums? Hint it isn't Oblamacare..it is the same guys that raised it annually before Oblamacare.....

Hold on, are you forgetting that the Affordable Care Act specifically requires healthcare insurance companies to spend 85% of the premiums on healthcare and refund anything above that to the insured? No, this isn't the greedy insurance companies upping their profits. It is the price of healthcare going up. When you suddenly add a lot of people to the insurance roles that aren't in the best of health it gets costly. In addition, you now have people who are going to the doctor for anything. Why not, they are covered, they got a premium subsidy to take care of it.

Hold on, are you forgetting that the Affordable Care Act specifically requires healthcare insurance companies to spend 85% of the premiums on healthcare and refund anything above that to the insured? No, this isn't the greedy insurance companies upping their profits. It is the price of healthcare going up. When you suddenly add a lot of people to the insurance roles that aren't in the best of health it gets costly. In addition, you now have people who are going to the doctor for anything. Why not, they are covered, they got a premium subsidy to take care of it.
Going to the doctor for everything? Even a broken auto?

Hillary81.jpg

Single payer, single payer, we all need single payer.

Single payer, single payer, we all need single payer.

Sing along everyone!

ObamaCare Subsidies To Explode As Cheapest Bronze-Plan Costs Surge 28%

President Obama last week called for subsidies for the middle class who are excluded from the law's help. Yet IBD explained why Obama's ObamaCare prescription misses the law's most fundamental problem: Two in three people who earning a working-class income from 150% to 250% of the poverty level remain either uninsured or woefully underinsured.

Even consumers who are eligible for subsidies and don't face a premium increase may find other reasons to be unhappy about the new offerings at HealthCare.gov. Plan choice is down dramatically as UnitedHealth (UNH), Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) exited most exchanges where they are doing business this year, and many nonprofit co-ops went out of business. Even if people can get a plan at the same after-subsidy cost, it may force them to change doctors.

UnitedHealth lost 0.5% to 144.69 on the stock market today. Aetna gained 0.7% to 112.02 while Humana ticked up 0.2% to 176.27.

The average deductible for the cheapest bronze plan in each of these 38 markets will rise to $6,358, up 5% from $6,045 this year. But that's nothing compared to the rise in deductibles among the cheapest silver plan, which will jump 18% to $4,261 from $3,613 in 2016. That jump is no small part due to the impact of Ambetter plans from Centene (CNC), which carry silver-plan deductibles of up to $7,050. Although the plans do offer some predeductible benefits, most big-ticket items aren't covered until the deductible is exhausted.

and? what do the subsidies bother you?

maybe if the rightwingnut hacks worked with democrats they could fix things,

but why would wingers do that. easier to shriek and whine and obstruct for the past six years.

and the reality is, the more the states work with the program the better the program does....which is why it fails whenever repubilcans touch anything.

and most people don't get their insurance on the exchanges. most get their insurance from work. is this what the rightwingnut blogosphere is telling you to rant about today?

*yawn*

If I recall correctly ACA included some expenses to the docs as well... uhm pharmaceutical tax? I think there was more as well - all driving the costs up higher.

And yea, for us "healthy" folks it's not worth 8-9 grand a year to go to the doctors every other year (if that, I haven't been to the doctors in like seven or eight years myself) So pay $95 bucks or 1% depending on your situation 1% is a hell of a lot cheaper than the premiums. My husband hit a moose and the grand total was $15k (this is for reference - we don't have health insurance, but our auto insurance covered some of the medical bills; and no they didn't raise our rates after, USAA rocks.)

Then you figure in deductibles - I think I heard 5-7k deductible which is absolutely pointless. Essentially unless you get in a major wreck (or are a top 10% earner) you're looking at spending $9-10k before you even get coverage. So basically you get jack shit for the money, no kidding healthy folks aren't buying into it...

In what world does that qualify as a joke? You have to be the most unfunny joke teller in the world. It's cringe inducing.

and? what do the subsidies bother you?

maybe if the rightwingnut hacks worked with democrats they could fix things,

but why would wingers do that. easier to shriek and whine and obstruct for the past six years.

and the reality is, the more the states work with the program the better the program does....which is why it fails whenever repubilcans touch anything.

and most people don't get their insurance on the exchanges. most get their insurance from work. is this what the rightwingnut blogosphere is telling you to rant about today?

*yawn*
Obama told republicans to get in the back seat. It was passed without one republican vote. Your party owns this mess, as usual.

Hey, I don't put anything past those low info dimocrat nitwits. Remember that lunatic lady yelling about her free Obama phone and how Obama was gonna pay the mortgage and whatnot? Taking a broken car to a doctor seems like something she, along with countless others, would think perfectly normal.

If I recall correctly ACA included some expenses to the docs as well... uhm pharmaceutical tax? I think there was more as well - all driving the costs up higher.

And yea, for us "healthy" folks it's not worth 8-9 grand a year to go to the doctors every other year (if that, I haven't been to the doctors in like seven or eight years myself) So pay $95 bucks or 1% depending on your situation 1% is a hell of a lot cheaper than the premiums. My husband hit a moose and the grand total was $15k (this is for reference - we don't have health insurance, but our auto insurance covered some of the medical bills; and no they didn't raise our rates after, USAA rocks.)

Then you figure in deductibles - I think I heard 5-7k deductible which is absolutely pointless. Essentially unless you get in a major wreck (or are a top 10% earner) you're looking at spending $9-10k before you even get coverage. So basically you get jack shit for the money, no kidding healthy folks aren't buying into it...

Freeloader, so tax payers will pay if you get ill or your husband or kids.

Tangentially related to all of this, the 'outburst' or whatever people were calling it, by Bill Clinton a while back, calling Obamacare "the craziest thing in the world", which people were calling outright crazy, and evidence they needed to shut him up, doesn't look so crazy now.

I said it then, and I'll say it now, that was rehearsed, not some off the cuff remark. They knew this might be coming and gave her an out on this issue.

Gotta hand it to them, those Clintons sure do know how to manipulate the rubes.

And here it comes. The lefty talking head radio folk are gushing on about how Hillary is just THE bestest person to fix this shit pile, cause it's "her passion", it's been "a life-long goal" (those are actual quotes) blah, blah, blah.

It's sooooo fucked up that only another dem can fix it. LoL.

You just couldn't make this shit up.

If you are poor and can get the subsidies, your prices wont go up by much, but if you are Middle Class and not eligible for subsidies? Well, FUCK YOU!

The number of people impacted is small. You can't scare people with shit that doesn't impact them. You can try though. It's all you got.

Forum List

Back