Protest forming against ground zero mosque

If a large sect/following of the Catholic church went in some mass attack against children in a school, probably not the greatest thing to put a catholic church next to that school later on....

If the state of Idaho decides to go rogue and launch a nuke against an Ottawa government building, probably not the best thing to have a Idaho potato store and tourism center next to that area when it is rebuilt.. even if all Idahoans were not behind it

So, you are only on about this because of numbers. I'm sure the families of those hundreds, if not thousands molested are comforted.

Boy.. you like to put words in someone's mouth, don't you

Hmmmm... an individual priest from whatever church molests children at a youth center and burns it to the ground... as it is being rebuilt and after that priest served whatever time, I would not really condone that priest moving into a house next door... would not really be a church issue unless a recognized portion within that church called for and condoned the action

Kind of like if it were just an individual act, unsupported by some religious sect, that caused the 9/11 attack... and that religious sect later wanted to open a center near the site, I would not have a problem.... but this was indeed carried out by a particular sect within the religion.....

And as stated, while I support the legal right for them to do this.. I PERSONALLY don't like it and think is is not the best choice in action or the best thing to do

So, the actual molestation of children isn't that big a deal to you? There has to be death and destruction for it to really count?

So, you are only on about this because of numbers. I'm sure the families of those hundreds, if not thousands molested are comforted.

Hmmmm... an individual priest from whatever church molests children at a youth center and burns it to the ground... as it is being rebuilt and after that priest served whatever time, I would not really condone that priest moving into a house next door... would not really be a church issue unless a recognized portion within that church called for and condoned the action

Kind of like if it were just an individual act, unsupported by some religious sect, that caused the 9/11 attack... and that religious sect later wanted to open a center near the site, I would not have a problem.... but this was indeed carried out by a particular sect within the religion.....

And as stated, while I support the legal right for them to do this.. I PERSONALLY don't like it and think is is not the best choice in action or the best thing to do

So, the actual molestation of children isn't that big a deal to you? There has to be death and destruction for it to really count?

Jesus Christ you are dense... trying to mold the scenario to make it similar to what we have... since the WTC was destroyed and is being rebuilt years later

Jesus Christ you are dense... trying to mold the scenario to make it similar to what we have... since the WTC was destroyed and is being rebuilt years later

Oh I am not dense....I'm just not with you when you seem to think that molested children's lives aren't destroyed.

Oh I am not dense....I'm just not with you when you seem to think that molested children's lives aren't destroyed.

Please link to where I stated any such thing.. you are indeed not only dense, but disingenuous

Please link to where I stated any such thing.. you are indeed not only dense, but disingenuous

Pretty easy....you disagree with my analogy unless there is death and destruction above and beyond child molestation. Molestation ALONE is not enough for you to accept the analogy.

Pretty easy....you disagree with my analogy unless there is death and destruction above and beyond child molestation. Molestation ALONE is not enough for you to accept the analogy.

No, asshole.... again.. you like to put words into other people's mouths

In order to make a scenario SIMILAR to what is being had right now in New York, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE SIMILARITIES

Just having a catholic church next to a school is not even remotely in the same ballpark to the situation at hand

Do I condone child molestation?? As stated so many times in other thread... no way, and I never shed a tear when a molester is killed in prison....

There is NO threat of Islam to this country. There is a threat of fanatics, religious and otherwise...as there has been for quite a long time. For a while, it was communists, facists, anarchists, etc. Now it's fanatics using their religion as an excuse. You are the same...you are using THEIR religion as an excuse.
An excuse?
its self preservation , it is rational to object to genocide.

Same reason we use to ignore Judaic scripture and Christian scripture telling people to do the same thing....how come you aren't running around with your hair's on fire about that too?

Islamic supremacy is a myth....except in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia (our so called ally) and (now) Iraq. They can have it. I have no use for any religious "supremacy".
3:110
You [true believers in Islâmic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden), and you believe in Allâh

9:111
Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allâh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur'ân. And who is truer to his covenant than Allâh? Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success[].
9:112.
(The believers whose lives Allâh has purchased are) those who repent to Allâh (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship Him, who praise Him, who fast (or go out in Allâh's Cause), who bow down (in prayer), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (people) for Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all what Islâm has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islâm has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allâh (do all that Allâh has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allâh has forbidden). And give glad tidings to the believers.

8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

There is NO threat of Islam to this country. There is a threat of fanatics, religious and otherwise...as there has been for quite a long time. For a while, it was communists, facists, anarchists, etc. Now it's fanatics using their religion as an excuse. You are the same...you are using THEIR religion as an excuse.
An excuse?
its self preservation it is rational to object to genocide.
Yeah I see it is all a myth.
You cannot produce any open ended call for genocide in the new or old testament Islam is not like anything else.
Only Islam makes rules for non muslims ,
the book the tax or the sword.
You have no facts just unsupportable ignorance and opinion.

Bathe in it.
big·ot·ry   [big-uh-tree] Show IPA
–noun,plural-ries.
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.
this will make it more fun

mrbubble.jpg

In order to make a scenario SIMILAR to what is being had right now in New York, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE SIMILARITIES

Just having a catholic church next to a school is not even remotely in the same ballpark to the situation at hand

Do I condone child molestation?? As stated so many times in other thread... no way, and I never shed a tear when a molester is killed in prison....
And it does....lives are destroyed by priests (a very small minority of Catholics)...lives are destroyed by Muslims (a very small minority of Muslims).

Analogy is very similar. But you reject it because you don't think child molestation is SERIOUS enough. Plain as day.

And it does....lives are destroyed by priests (a very small minority of Catholics)...lives are destroyed by Muslims (a very small minority of Muslims).

Analogy is very similar. But you reject it because you don't think child molestation is SERIOUS enough. Plain as day.
Diddling kids against scripture .
killing infidels Islamicly sound.
See the difference?

How is this mosque and these Americans an offense to 9E? By your Nazi reference you are claiming an intimate connection although none exist.

You totally missed the Catholic comparison. It was an official Church order which means it was not a group of extremists yet I don't see people bitching about the world's largest Christian church blackmailing clergy and laymembers in order to protect pedophiles.

What the fuck do you think would happen if the world's largest Muslim church put out the same global order?

How offended would these posters be if it was announced that a large Catholic Church or a Catholic Seminary was going to be built next to an Elementary school or next to a Home for Abused Children?

If a large sect/following of the Catholic church went in some mass attack against children in a school, probably not the greatest thing to put a catholic church next to that school later on....

If the state of Idaho decides to go rogue and launch a nuke against an Ottawa government building, probably not the best thing to have a Idaho potato store and tourism center next to that area when it is rebuilt.. even if all Idahoans were not behind it

Holy fuck dude. It was the people in charge of the world's largest Christian church that put out a global order to not report child rape.

Once.

Again.

Where is the outrage?

Here is a good question....

So they want their mosque two blocks away do they? Are they planning on loud speakers calling out for prayer five times a day?

Two blocks in NYC is a relative thing, the long side of the block or the short side. Two block no matter which side it is is not very far.

Actually, in NYC it is....you walk two blocks and you will have passed thru 2 if not 3 cultural areas.

Yes I know, I am there quite often.

And those priests are not a sect of the religion, nor supported in any teaching of the religion... your scenario has no true similarity... And if you think extremist islam is as small a minority as pedophile priests, you are even more laughable than previously thought... you are simply trying (feebly, I might add) to get a jab in at the catholics (of which I am not one, nor do I like the religious practice)

You again like to put words into someone else's mouth.. because that is about the only way you keep your inane argument alive

I reject your analogy for it is quite poor

How offended would these posters be if it was announced that a large Catholic Church or a Catholic Seminary was going to be built next to an Elementary school or next to a Home for Abused Children?

Holy fuck dude. It was the people in charge of the world's largest Christian church that put out a global order to not report child rape.

Once.

Again.

Where is the outrage?

If there is a credible link to an actual order from the church.. that is not some winger site or blog.. I will gladly condemn the action by the church... such an action is cause for outrage.. I have seen no credible source to your claim, though.. please provide credible citation

(...) Can I visit in a mini skirt?

Why would you want to do that ? What is the purpose?
This reminds me of the novelist Günter Grass in Germany who wanted to read Rushdie's Satanic Verses in a mosque, but came not to the idea to watch Life of Brain with priest in the Dome of Cologne.

(...)

Sure Christians strap bombs to themselves and blow up innocent women and children and they engage in honor kilings.. :cuckoo:

Honor killings happen everywhere.
I believe in your society it would be called "family drama"...
Maybe on Christmas Day?

In case you missed it bodecea , what you were doing in this thread is defending Islam and jihad , that what making moral equivalency arguments when there is none is .

This is like having the American Nazi party move their headquarters to the building directly across the street from the holocaust memorial... while anybody has the freedom to build/buy/purchase residence wherever they want.. some things just should not be done

Who the fuck could read that and not see the attempt to make an intimate connection between the Americans building the mosque and terrorists?

And those priests are not a sect of the religion, nor supported in any teaching of the religion... your scenario has no true similarity... And if you think extremist islam is as small a minority as pedophile priests, you are even more laughable than previously thought... you are simply trying (feebly, I might add) to get a jab in at the catholics (of which I am not one, nor do I like the religious practice)

You again like to put words into someone else's mouth.. because that is about the only way you keep your inane argument alive

I reject your analogy for it is quite poor

Hot shit balls o' idiot fury you are one slow shrub.

The leaders of the world's largest Christian church put out a global order to not report child rape under the threat of excommunication. That far far far outnumbers the amount of islamic extremists you cantelope brain.

This is like having the American Nazi party move their headquarters to the building directly across the street from the holocaust memorial... while anybody has the freedom to build/buy/purchase residence wherever they want.. some things just should not be done

Who the fuck could read that and not see the attempt to make an intimate connection between the Americans building the mosque and terrorists?

Yep... you would like it to be.... fits your agenda

However... when drawing comparisons in similar types of scenarios, the subjects in the scenarios are not meant to be intimately connected.... showing a parallel TYPE of situation in a different area is done many times in many ways...

You see.. the similarity is in the action... the mosque is not exactly like the nazi party just as the WTC site is not exactly like the holocaust memorial.... the mosque is not intimately connected to the meat packing plant, just as the WTC site is not intimately connected to PETA... it's called painting a scenario in a different light

You're grasping at straws

Hot shit balls o' idiot fury you are one slow shrub.

The leaders of the world's largest Christian church put out a global order to not report child rape under the threat of excommunication. That far far far outnumbers the amount of islamic extremists you cantelope brain.
yeah we will just save that.

Forum List

Back