Protest forming against ground zero mosque

Any plans to build a mosque on that site is in extremely poor taste. It is an affront to the families of the people who lost their lives on 9/11.

Immie

Why try to speak for them? Some first responders and 9/11 families fully support the new mosque.

Good for them ,I do not think it necessary to prove our tolerance of intolerance.
Islam is a genocidal hate group and a crime syndicate.

If that is true, then we are in deep doo doo, because there are lots more of them than there are of us. How come we haven't been overrun?

You are right. My apologies, I should have done a better job in stating that I believe it is an affront to the families.

And thanks for the link. The impression that I had from the OP article was that this was actually on ground zero and to me that thought is literally infuriating.

Your link says it is two blocks away. That is a lot different. It is not like I believe we should not allow muslims to build in NYC at all. There is a difference between building two blocks away and building on ground zero.

Immie

OK, I also would be in agreement that a Mosque at ground zero is clearly unacceptable.

But 2 blocks away is not the same thing at all. There would be a whole lot of buildings between WTC and the Mosque.

Now, be that as it may, the organization in the link is clearly a Muslim-hating organization. If the protest was not being organized by a bunch of obvious religious bigots, I would feel much better about the whole thing.

When I read CL's link, my thought was, "Hell, two blocks? I doubt you can even see the Islamic community center/mosque from ground zero.

I've never been to NYC... yet... but hopefully some day soon... but I have this impression of wall to wall buildings.

Building on ground zero would really bother me. Building two blocks away really is a different story and I must say that this organization that is protesting appears to be one that is founded on fear and hatred rather than anything else.

Immie

Anyone who has been to NYC, particularly Manhattan, knows that one or two blocks is a world away.

OK, I also would be in agreement that a Mosque at ground zero is clearly unacceptable.

But 2 blocks away is not the same thing at all. There would be a whole lot of buildings between WTC and the Mosque.

Now, be that as it may, the organization in the link is clearly a Muslim-hating organization. If the protest was not being organized by a bunch of obvious religious bigots, I would feel much better about the whole thing.

When I read CL's link, my thought was, "Hell, two blocks? I doubt you can even see the Islamic community center/mosque from ground zero.

I've never been to NYC... yet... but hopefully some day soon... but I have this impression of wall to wall buildings.

Building on ground zero would really bother me. Building two blocks away really is a different story and I must say that this organization that is protesting appears to be one that is founded on fear and hatred rather than anything else.

Immie

Anyone who has been to NYC, particularly Manhattan, knows that one or two blocks is a world away.

Well, like I said, I have never been there and even I think two blocks "is a world away". :lol:

Immie

Muslims have every right to build a mosque anywhere that it is legal to do so. And all the protest in the world won't stop it. Don't like it there? Get the city to zone against churches and religious buildings there.
May that happen quickly. I hope we also are smart enough to take action to ban sharia law as a basis for federal law too. That niggling bad definition of separation of church and state you know will have it's use for good, for once.

Last edited:
Why try to speak for them? Some first responders and 9/11 families fully support the new mosque.

Good for them ,I do not think it necessary to prove our tolerance of intolerance.

If that is true, then we are in deep doo doo, because there are lots more of them than there are of us. How come we haven't been overrun?
You have been, you just dont understand it.

False claims of bigotry is an insufficient answer to the genocidal doctrine of Islam.

"Genocidal Doctrine of Islam"?

Wow. You are seriously disturbed.

So, Christianity would therefore also have a "Genocidal Doctrine" due to the crusades and the inquisition then, right?

Judaism would have a "Genocidal Doctrine" due to the actual genocide they committed and celebrate to this day in the holy land a few thousand years ago.

Oh, sure, these things happened some time ago, but they form the history and a large part of the basis of the religions in question.

Islam is just a younger religion. They're still in their "Crusades" era.

But even where that is concerned, the whole religion isn't involved in the Islamic crusade or "jihad", just a minority of insane assholes.

False claims of bigotry is an insufficient answer to the genocidal doctrine of Islam.

Bigots like you and message boards make about as much sense as opening a Snow Plowing business in Hawaii.

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

Stop whining like a little girl. Did you respond to my post about the Catholic Church? If so, please state or post the link.

You bring nothing but empty rhetoric ignorance and ad hominem.
Objecting to genocidal ideologies is not bigotry.

You just broke everyone's irony meter. Every single one.

ad hominem.

You're a stupid bitch. Now that is an ad hom you dumbass. Oops. There is another one!

You've ignored every single valid point against your broadbrushed false claims so now you will do as most bigots and keep whining.

Bigots like you and message boards make about as much sense as opening a Snow Plowing business in Hawaii.

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

I personally feel that a mosque should not in fact be built close to ground zero, and I don't think anyone would cal me a bigot.

I think that in New York City, however, 2 blocks is plenty of room.

"Genocidal Doctrine of Islam"?

But even where that is concerned, the whole religion isn't involved in the Islamic crusade or "jihad", just a minority of insane assholes.

You have no evidence to support that assertion.

ROFL, asking me to prove a negative.

Since you made the original sweeping statement that Islam is based on a "Genocidal Doctrine", the onus of proof is on you, not me.

So please feel free to point out exactly where in the Koran the "Genocidal Doctrine" of Islam lies.

And I'd thank you not to cut out the rest of the relevant information in my post next time. That's a no-no, as I'm sure you're aware of.

Oh, also, if you do happen to find some random passages to support your point, please point out how they differ from passages describing God ordering the Hebrews to commit genocide.

Last edited:
Soviet Girl proves her nickname once again.
Right, because free choice is such a Soviet concept. :cuckoo:

Her proposal is grounded in the principles of communism. Genius.

Local solutions to local problems is one of the principles of communism?

The expropriation of landed property and the use of rent from land to cover state expenditure;
A high and progressively graded income-tax;
A abolition of the right of inheritance;
The confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels;
The centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by the establishment of a state bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly;
The centralization of transport in the hands of the state;
An increase in the state ownership of factories and instruments of production, and the redistribution and amelioration of agricultural land on a general plan;
Universal obligation to work and creation of labour armies especially for agriculture;
The unification of agricultural with industrial labour, and the gradual abolition of the differences between town and country;
The public education of all children. Abolition of factory labour for children in its present form. Unification of education with economic production.

Principles of Communism

Where is local solutions to local problems?

You have been, you just dont understand it.

So it's just you, your gun, and your dust bunnies under that bed now, right?
:cuckoo:

Stop whining like a little girl. Did you respond to my post about the Catholic Church? If so, please state or post the link.

When was the last time you bitched about a Catholic church next to a school or a Catholic School? The Catholic Church put out a global order mandating excommunication for any Clergy or church members who reported child abuse to law enforcement. So why not say all Christians support that? It's no less idiotic the trying to equate these Americans with terrorists. Sack up and own your bigotry with pride.

Hmm... how is a catholic church next to a catholic school even remotely similar? Show me where I said all muslims supported the 9/11 attacks or all of them supported ANYTHING? Show me where I condoned some action of the catholic church. And show where I equated 'these americans' or 'this muslim cultural center' with terrorists?

I gave you similar examples for meat packing plants and PETA, PLO and Lockerbie, etc... showing where I thought while things may be legal, sometimes it is just not the right thing or the smart thing to do

You are off your rocker and infatuated with calling others bigots today... even when no bigotry is being shown at all... you seem to just have your word of the day to slam against anyone who is not in agreement with your particular whim

Forum List

Back