Protecting Social Security from the Thieves in the Night, went through anyway.

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area

Oct.30 2015

"Last night while you were sleeping the Senate voted to steal $150 billion dollars from the Social Security Trust Fund.

When a CNBC moderator at the third GOP debate asked Paul whether he opposed the deal because it didn't cut enough from entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, he had a response ready."

Rand Paul ~
"No, I oppose it because you're taking money from entitlement and then spending it immediately on other items," Paul said, mentioning military and domestic programs by name. "When you look at raising the debt limit, it should be leveraged to try to reform government."

Politico reported Paul can't actually filibuster due to a procedural issue. But he wasn't the only candidate to speak out on the bill, which he also said "will explode the deficit" and allow President Barack Obama "to borrow unlimited amounts of money." Ohio Gov. John Kasich said the United States can't balance its budget with "empty promises" and must be "creative and imaginative."

Unfortunately it passed anyway..WTF

How was money stolen from SS ?

All I've read about it said that the program of deferred filing ( I don't remember the exact name) was to be eliminated. This is a loop hole that allows working couples to, in effect, double dip.

I don't think the program really helped anyone who needed it. Those who really needed more money didn't know about it anyway.

How was money stolen from SS ?

All I've read about it said that the program of deferred filing ( I don't remember the exact name) was to be eliminated. This is a loop hole that allows working couples to, in effect, double dip.

I don't think the program really helped anyone who needed it. Those who really needed more money didn't know about it anyway.

Watch what Rand Paul talks about: it is all over facebook

Forum List

Back