CDZ Proposed solution to the "stop interrupting women" problem

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
We keep hearing how women are tired of being interrupted by men. We keep hearing that your wife or girlfriend simply wants you to HEAR HER! If the argument was that your willingness to hear someone out should not be based on their genitalia, I would agree with it. My problem is this. In my experience, it is women who absolutely refuse to black and white agree to a more traditional turn taking rules debate and then turn right around and complain that they are being interrupted too much.

To me, that is like insisting that the traditional patriarchal rules of a boxing match be changed to allow kicking, biting, scratching, hair pulling etc. and then complaining when your opponent kicks you in the head and proceeds to drag you around the ring by your pony tail, biting hunks of your face off and spitting them into the crowd. You lose the right to complain when you refuse to ban the tactics you are complaining about.

I have a solution. Wouldn't reverting back to let's take turns talking, no yelling, no interrupting, and get the emotion out of it solve the problem of women being interrupted and make feminists happy?

We keep hearing how women are tired of being interrupted by men. We keep hearing that your wife or girlfriend simply wants you to HEAR HER! If the argument was that your willingness to hear someone out should not be based on their genitalia, I would agree with it. My problem is this. In my experience, it is women who absolutely refuse to black and white agree to a more traditional turn taking rules debate and then turn right around and complain that they are being interrupted too much.

To me, that is like insisting that the traditional patriarchal rules of a boxing match be changed to allow kicking, biting, scratching, hair pulling etc. and then complaining when your opponent kicks you in the head and proceeds to drag you around the ring by your pony tail, biting hunks of your face off and spitting them into the crowd. You lose the right to complain when you refuse to ban the tactics you are complaining about.

I have a solution. Wouldn't reverting back to let's take turns talking, no yelling, no interrupting, and get the emotion out of it solve the problem of women being interrupted and make feminists happy?
:goodposting:

Try to see things my way ...

WTF? Fighting with your wife again?

Whenever I used to argue with my wife, I just took advantage of her longwindedness as an opportunity to go grab a beer from the refrigerator.

When I got back, the rant was still in full force and I hadn't missed anything important.

If you want to talk about the same thing, with which I disagree, for the fourth time in four days, yeah, that's nagging, and I will ignore her. She does not like it, but she admits she would kind of like me less if I gave in.

I had a passle of sisters and learned how to ignore early on.

Forum List

Back