Prophets Bradbury & Orwell

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
We truely live in a world envisioned by them.

Veteran Fireman to Montag: "It didn’t come from the government down, there was no dictum, no declaration, no censorship, to start with, no!”
“You must understand that our civilization is so vast that we can’t have our minorities upset and stirred. Ask yourself, What do we want in this country above all? People want to be happy, isn’t that right?…Colored people don’t like Little Black Sambo. Burn it. White people don’t feel good about Uncle Tom’s Cabin. Burn it. Someone’s written a book on tobacco and cancer of the lungs? The cigarette people are weeping? Burn the book. Serenity, Montag. Peace, Montag. Take your fight outside. Better yet, to the incinerator.”
Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.
George Orwell, 1984

When Trump supporters dream at night:
tumblr_m9pcj8TJpB1r48hglo1_1280.jpg

White America, Right America...

I would NEVER dream such a dream, myself. While I appreciate the way they are rocking the 50s fashions and find the imagery of juxtaposition of the woman's shears with the hot dog to be a subtle reminder of who really hold the power in the familial dynamics, I just cannot bring myself to accept that a conifer that robust could possibly find appropriate sustenance in a flower pot so relatively small.

What a terrible image for those who grew up in dysfunctional families. Much better to wallow in one's own misery and attack those who don't share that experience. Which only leads to more dysfunctional families.

Yeah, Duckspeak is exactly what every Drumpf supporter does.

Maybe we should start calling it Drumpfspeak.

What I've noticed over the years is that regulations are tightening on everything we eat, everything we do, what we are allowed to say, and now with Obamacare, the government will decide who lives and who dies.

Liberals want freedom only for abortions and homosexuality. Everything else, they want less and less freedom.

Forum List

Back