Deadline for Genocide

Peony

Rookie
Mar 10, 2016
Over ten years, eleven Christians were killed per hour for being Christians, according to Vatican analyst John Allen in 2013. Allen calls it a Global War on Christians. This war is still going on today.

Christians all over the world are being martyred at thrice the number in the last two years, says Catholic News Agency.

Last week, Father Douglas Bazi described to the National Press Club what it is like for a Christian living in Iraq. ““There is no life in Iraq for my people,” he said. “They call my church the church of martyrs or the church of blood.”

“My church in Baghdad been blowed up, blowed up in front of me,” Bazi said. “I survived twice. They bombed my car. I got shot in my leg by an AK-47.

“I was kidnapped for nine days. They used the hammer to broke my teeth, my nose, and my back.”

Iraqi Priest--Whose Church Was Bombed--Begs U.S. to Call Slaughter of Christians Genocide

Exactly how many Christians have died? It is difficult to accurately count heads when people keep losing theirs.

We hear much about the flow of migrants in general but not much about Christian migrants in particular. How many have fled their homes, like the ones that tried to get into Turkey last year when ISIS took over their towns? Turkey closed its border to them.

Where are these Christians now? Right now there are approximately 250,000 Christians dwelling in Syria and Iraq. Just ten years ago, there were some 2 million.

Last week, Congress voted unanimously to call the Christian genocide, genocide, and set a deadline of March 17th for the administration to make the genocide designation official. For what is likely the first time since becoming Secretary of State, John Kerry is meeting a deadline. News broke just a little while ago, “Secretary of State John Kerry has determined ISIS is committing genocide against Christians in Iraq and Syria and will make an official announcement and declaration of genocide later today."

BREAKING: State Department Declares ISIS is Committing Genocide Against Christians in Iraq and Syria

OK. Good. Now, what are we going to do about it? Something other than telling Christians to “get off their high horse,” one hopes. After all, Genocide is a crime under international law. The US joined 147 other nations in signing a 1948 treaty promising to work together to "to liberate mankind from this odious scourge.”

Perhaps we need another deadline.

Omg that must be so horrifying. 2million down to 250000 in 10 years.

lets hope they converted to islam.

makes me realize my life isn't so bad.

Christian genocide survivors need help too...
icon_cool.gif

Rep. Smith Re-Introduces Bill to Provide Emergency Relief to Christian Genocide Survivors in the Middle East
January 12, 2017 – Reps. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) introduced a bill Tuesday aimed at providing “emergency relief to victims of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes in Iraq and Syria.”
The Iraq and Syria Genocide Relief Accountability Act is an enhanced version of similar legislation Smith and Eshoo introduced last year. Smith cited his December trip to Iraq in a statement announcing the bill’s introduction, saying, “just last month I saw in Iraq the lack of humanitarian aid for Christian genocide survivors. These genocide survivors told me the United States and global community had abandoned them. They are at-risk from freezing winter temperatures and require emergency help.”

“Because the U.S. Government and United Nations have so far failed to support this life-saving work of the Archdiocese of Erbil, these Christian genocide survivors continue to hang on the edge between life and death,” he added. “Tens of thousands of Christian genocide survivors in Iraq and Syria need our help now and it is essential that emergency humanitarian aid for the survivors be provided,” Eshoo emphasized, urging colleagues to “quickly move this aid package and bring relief to those who continue to suffer.”

The bill would support organizations that serve genocide survivors in Iraq, aid entities conducting criminal investigation into perpetrators of the genocide and would create a “Priority Two” (“P-2”) designation of “special humanitarian concern to the United States” in refugee determinations for persecuted religious and ethnic groups in Iraq or Syria. In the past year, Smith called the low number of Syrian Christian refugees admitted to the U.S. “unconscionable.” Christians only accounted for 0.8 percent of the refugees resettled in 2016; and for just 1.03 percent of the total number of Syrian refugees taken in since the beginning of the civil war (187 out of 18,026).

Rep. Smith Re-Introduces Bill to Provide Emergency Relief to Christian Genocide Survivors in the Middle East

What can we do for the Christian's? Pray for them?

But as for genocide, it is not against any law, except if you perpetrate it without the order and consent of one of the superpowers.

Man I do not believe some of these posts.
Definition of genocide

1. : the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group
genocidal
play \ˌje-nə-ˈsī-dəl\ adjective

Forum List

Back