Prop 8 defender of sanctity of marriage is divorcing his wife

If that were true, then no Catholic would use birth control. No Catholic would have an aboriton. No Catholic would divorce. Simply because he is a Catholic does not mean he agrees with every doctrine of his church. Of course, his priest would like to think he does, but, many Catholics do not agree with everything the Pope says, just as most Christians don't agree with all of the doctrines of their denominations.

I am tempted to change "most" to "all" in that, but then, maybe there are one or two who believe all their church's doctrines.

Immie

it seems the catholic church has no problems with their priest screwing over little boys.....

If that were true, then no Catholic would use birth control. No Catholic would have an aboriton. No Catholic would divorce. Simply because he is a Catholic does not mean he agrees with every doctrine of his church. Of course, his priest would like to think he does, but, many Catholics do not agree with everything the Pope says, just as most Christians don't agree with all of the doctrines of their denominations.

I am tempted to change "most" to "all" in that, but then, maybe there are one or two who believe all their church's doctrines.

Immie

it seems the catholic church has no problems with their priest screwing over little boys.....

It's inconvenient, tho.

do you know why these two are divorcing?......

Because marriage obviously wasnt really a sacred institution for either of them...

oh really....what if....the women was found out to be fucking around....and he thought they had a good marriage....so he should stick with her....because he is supposed too?....would you?

Well, she was in the wrong for sleeping around and wouldnt the "christian" thing for the guy to do is forgive her and try to work on the relationship? There are people in the world who have worked through such a situation, I assume anyways.

Me, no, i'd leave the bitch. Of course I am not the one claiming that a marriage is a sacred institution and that it should be only between a man and a women.

Immie

Don't tell me. I don't speak for the Catholic Church.

Immie

Actually, if you read post #172 again, you will find something weird about it. I found these two sentences hard to understand what you meant:

And

I kind of just skipped over it because it didn't really make sense to me.

Heterosexuals are demanding...

Homosexuals are demanding...

Okay, both are demanding that the church validate sin? I am certain there must be a "not" somewhere in there. The whole thing just confused the hell out of me.

Immie

I Thought I edited that... Maybe it didn't take.

Heterosexual Christians are NOT Demanding that Church Validate Deviancy...

:)

peace...

You probably did and then hit the cancel button by mistake.

Immie
Freudian slip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

do you know why these two are divorcing?......

Because marriage obviously wasnt really a sacred institution for either of them...

oh really....what if....the women was found out to be fucking around....and he thought they had a good marriage....so he should stick with her....because he is supposed too?....would you?

Well fuck me runnin isn't "CHRISTIANITY" all about FORGIVNESS!!!???

He's probably really gay and just hiding from himself by getting married in the first place. It's actually a very common occurrence when gay people deny who they are.

Immie

About the same Rate that Public School Teachers do...

peace...

Forgiveness is Irrelevant if one Party in a Marriage no longers wants the Marriage.

He could very well have Forgiven her...

peace...

No.

Is your "No" directed at his "all" inclusion?... Because Obviously NOTHING is "all" about anything.

Would you agree that Forgiveness is Part of Christianity?

peace...

He's probably really gay and just hiding from himself by getting married in the first place. It's actually a very common occurrence when gay people deny who they are.

What about "Homosexuals" who are in Denial about their Heterosexuality?...

If one Exists, the other has to, don't you Think?

peace...

Yes, I have known a few of those to. ;)

peace...

It's like Heterophobia... A Word that doesn't Officially Exist, but Clearly there are People who Hate, Fear and Loath Heterosexuals...

Hell, some are Members of this Website.

Maybe Websters will make themselves Honest and add that Word some day.

peace...

I Thought I edited that... Maybe it didn't take.

Heterosexual Christians are NOT Demanding that Church Validate Deviancy...

peace...

You probably did and then hit the cancel button by mistake.

Immie
Freudian slip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I really wanted to say that Christians are Demanding that the Church Validate Deviancy?...

Terrible Attempt and Fail, JB.

Try again.

peace...

peace...

It's like Heterophobia... A Word that doesn't Officially Exist, but Clearly there are People who Hate, Fear and Loath Heterosexuals...

peace...

I won't deny the possibility of their existence, but I don't know any of those yet.

peace...

I won't deny the possibility of their existence, but I don't know any of those yet.

They are ALL over the Web... Even here at this Site.

Hell, right here on this Thread.

peace...

peace...

peace...

There's a problem though, and it's a trait about you I don't like as well as one that keeps me from wanting to bother debating with you. You see anyone who disagrees with some of your arguments as "against ..." whatever, even if they are not. Most of the ones you see as heterophobes are probably not, if you took the time to get to know them instead of just focusing on your disagreement with them.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

peace...

There's a problem though, and it's a trait about you I don't like as well as one that keeps me from wanting to bother debating with you. You see anyone who disagrees with some of your arguments as "against ..." whatever, even if they are not. Most of the ones you see as heterophobes are probably not, if you took the time to get to know them instead of just focusing on your disagreement with them.

Actually, I don't see Most of them as Heterophobes...

But some in Particular have such an Obvious Distaste for Heterosexuals that it's what Defines them and Motivates them in their Online Life...

And most likely, in their Real Life too.

Either way, they Exist and at least One is a Member here.

My Prior History with People from other Venues Preceded my coming here, and you and others are Forced to Judge me by that.

Maybe while I Open my Mind a little, you can too... ;)

peace...

peace...

Actually, I don't see Most of them as Heterophobes...

But some in Particular have such an Obvious Distaste for Heterosexuals that it's what Defines them and Motivates them in their Online Life...

And most likely, in their Real Life too.

Either way, they Exist and at least One is a Member here.

My Prior History with People from other Venues Preceded my coming here, and you and others are Forced to Judge me by that.

Maybe while I Open my Mind a little, you can too... ;)

peace...

No, I judge you by what I see you do, I don't care what others think or say about you, nor do I research history on people, the past is the past. I wasn't focusing on just that contention of yours, but it's a common trait really, and one that I see as rather ugly (no insult intended). But to focus on "sexuality", I know a lot of people in real life from all walks of life, and of all those who are actually gay (not the ones denying their heterosexuality as I have stated I know a few) they do not hate or fear straight people, even though some see it as such. Pride is often seen as hatred or fear for the "opposite" lifestyle, by both sides really. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in who you are, as long as you don't expect others to care, but the misunderstanding occurs mostly when someone does take pride in who they are and expect others to care.

Forum List

Back