Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Not aware of a religion where the claim is their deity literally authored the holy book. Everyone I've studied uses a human prophet. Thus, most if not all religions are the work of Man (and probably a few women.) None, afaik, are supposedly from a deity.

All I say is no god visited any Jews Mormons christians or Muslims.

And you are wrong. It's just that simple.

Not aware of a religion where the claim is their deity literally authored the holy book. Everyone I've studied uses a human prophet. Thus, most if not all religions are the work of Man (and probably a few women.) None, afaik, are supposedly from a deity.

That's exactly what my Muslim friend said. Pfhhshit.

I should clarify that I am not saying that a god doesn't exist. I'm saying he didn't visit Moses, Abraham, didn't come as Jesus Christ superstar, didn't talk to Mohammad or Joseph Smith and doesn't talk to you. Its laughable when Christians or Muslims both say if I don't believe YOU or your corrupt churches that we'll go to hell. The Abraham god is a lie. No one alive ever met god.

So as for believing what Jesus said? If he said only through believing that he is/was god himself can you go to heaven and people who don't go to hell? That's just silly. This is what cults say to hook members. Muslims have the same hook, so do Jehovas and Mormons.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

The primary psychological role of traditional religion is rationalizing the tragedy of death as a good thing to alleviate the anxiety of mortality.

Since it is impossible to dream something you've never seen, we can lay to rest the claim that those who have seen visions of things they've never before seen are just dreaming.

Wrong.
Those with "visions" or visionary dreams just combine a patchwork of things they have aready seen and their brains have stored somehow.
If you dream of a Rhino you MUST have seen a Rhino at least once in your life, but maybe you cannot remember that, when awake..
It has to be very clear that, paticularly in todays media flooded world, almost every human beeing has seen phantastillions of images when he is a child of 10. He will possibly not remember that he was in horrible fear on a boat while it was a little windy at the age of three, but his brain will have this information stored in some pretty unused neuronal connections.
And then this person sees a ship, his brain suddenly unzips that file (because the ways of the brain are mysterious) and he get an adrenalin rush seein raging waves, sea monsters, death and destrucion.
Boom, there is a vision.
As chance would have it, ths ship sinks. And voila, we have a new story for the boulevard.

Dude, you're really reaching here. In the Bronze age, there was no internet, most people had knowledge of little or nothing beyond 50 miles from where they were born, yet prophets of old saw things they could not comprehend and obviously had never seen before. I love how you admit that "the ways of the brain are mysterious", yet cannot comprehend that there just may be something outside of your control and experience.

The universe is out of my control. Besides god being implanted in your brain why do you believe one exists? Is it because it makes you feel good or you can't imagine otherwise?

Because I have personal experience with Him. You won't allow yourself to believe anything that you can't control, by which I mean replicate reliably in a lab. That's very limiting.
I gave it 30 years. Then I started learning about the history of man and realized its all made up.

You understand every other religion besides yours is completely made up right?

That's exactly what my Muslim friend said. Pfhhshit.

I should clarify that I am not saying that a god doesn't exist. I'm saying he didn't visit Moses, Abraham, didn't come as Jesus Christ superstar, didn't talk to Mohammad or Joseph Smith and doesn't talk to you. Its laughable when Christians or Muslims both say if I don't believe YOU or your corrupt churches that we'll go to hell. The Abraham god is a lie. No one alive ever met god.

And until you get past that little untruth, you cannot possibly understand anything.

I realized today that I know longer say god doesn't exist. I don't think one does but I have no idea. All I say is no god visited any Jews Mormons christians or Muslims.

So I don't believe believing matters. If a creator exists it probably doesn't care. And if it cares about anything it would be being a good person. I know religions don't like this because it takes away their hook.

So I'm not saying there is no god. I just don't believe any man made religions.
then you are no longer an atheist.....perhaps we are making progress.....
Most atheists are actually agnostic atheists and honest theists would admit they are agnostic theists.

I can't say I know there isnt and they can't say they know there is. They believe and believe believing matters and I don't believe and dont think it matters.
there is no such thing as an agnostic atheist you silly child........

I realized today that I know longer say god doesn't exist. I don't think one does but I have no idea. All I say is no god visited any Jews Mormons christians or Muslims.

So I don't believe believing matters. If a creator exists it probably doesn't care. And if it cares about anything it would be being a good person. I know religions don't like this because it takes away their hook.

Most atheists are actually agnostic atheists and honest theists would admit they are agnostic theists.

I can't say I know there isnt and they can't say they know there is. They believe and believe believing matters and I don't believe and dont think it matters.

You think atheist means we believe we KNOW there is no god. Not true. We can't know for sure.

It is theism that doesnt exist if you are claiming to know god exists. How can you know? Ever meet him? So there are no atheists if it means knowing god doesnt exist. If you don't get this I'm sorry.

You think atheist means we believe we KNOW there is no god.

not at all....I think "atheist" means you PRETEND you know there is no god......

You think atheist means we believe we KNOW there is no god.

not at all....I think "atheist" means you PRETEND you know there is no god......
I dont believe there is one. And I really don't believe it visited any Jew christian Muslim or Mormon. That's a lie. I have faith in that.

It is theism that doesnt exist if you are claiming to know god exists.
I BELIEVE in God......atheists BELIEVE there are no gods......however, they pretend they conclude this rationally.....that is what marks them as irrational......

Organized religions claim god visiting is a historical fact. That's not just taking the position they BELIEVE.

Because I have personal experience with Him. You won't allow yourself to believe anything that you can't control, by which I mean replicate reliably in a lab. That's very limiting.

Let's say God is real. He knows exactly what it would take for me to believe, what bit of evidence (for lack of a better word) that would turn me into a believer. So far, God hasn't provided that bit of evidence. Why would God rather I burn in a lake of fire for eternity than provide that thing I need?

Let's say God is real. He knows exactly what it would take for me to believe, what bit of evidence (for lack of a better word) that would turn me into a believer. So far, God hasn't provided that bit of evidence. Why would God rather I burn in a lake of fire for eternity than provide that thing I need?

And if they said all he cares is that you are a good person I might be more inclined to believe.

But I believe organized religions need the hook. You have to believe in god to be a member. Why? I might actually join a church that preached just be good.

Actually isn't that Hindu or Buddhism?

Because to do that would totally remove the element of faith, of accepting WITHOUT incontrovertible proof. "Do a trick" is pointless.

And if they said all he cares is that you are a good person I might be more inclined to believe.

But I believe organized religions need the hook. You have to believe in god to be a member. Why? I might actually join a church that preached just be good.

You can't possibly be "good enough", that's why Christianity doesn't isn't about "being good". "Being good" is the RESULT, not the CAUSE, of salvation.

Name the best people you can think of. Stand with them in front of God and each of you plead your case that you are "good enough" to earn eternity with Him. You might as well line up with the US Olympic swim team on a beach in California and race to Hawaii. Who's going to make it? Only the ones who get in a boat and let it take them there. The swimmers will all drown. That's the Gospel in a nut shell. You can't be good enough, you need another way.

You can't possibly be "good enough", that's why Christianity doesn't isn't about "being good". "Being good" is the RESULT, not the CAUSE, of salvation.

Not true. I do good things all the time and I don't have salvation. So being good isn't the result of salvation. Right there you are wrong. That's just what a preacher told you. Don't buy it. He's a con artist.

And how come so many who think they have salvation are not good?

Because to do that would totally remove the element of faith, of accepting WITHOUT incontrovertible proof. "Do a trick" is pointless.

Why does god care so much that we believe in him?

Because He wants people to accept Him voluntarily, because they recognize their need for Him, not because He came down and figuratively bashed them over the head with a 2X4.

Not true. I do good things all the time and I don't have salvation. So being good isn't the result of salvation. Right there you are wrong. That's just what a preacher told you. Don't buy it. He's a con artist.

And how come so many who think they have salvation are not good?

Because they haven't recognized the power they have over sin. Without salvation it is impossible to overcome sin. With it, it is possible. Christians have to grow, as well, and sadly many stay spiritual infants, weak and unable to fully exercise the power they have.

Now, you say you do good things. Applause. That is not, however, living free of sin.

Because He wants people to accept Him voluntarily, because they recognize their need for Him, not because He came down and figuratively bashed them over the head with a 2X4.

What do I need a god for? I love people without believing in him. I know right from wrong and do right most of the time, and I'm sorry when I don't. You can teach humans right from wrong without fear in the boogy man or santa or god you know.

If there is a god, I accept him. Are you happy? But I don't believe the Jesus story. I think humans made that up. Now am I going to burn in hell? Why, because I don't believe you and your priest and the ancients of your primitive society? Are you kidding me? My muslim friends say I'll go to hell for not believing them too. Who should I believe god? Joseph Smith asked the same question and god told him to start his own religion. Do you believe that? Then maybe you are going to hell. See how stupid it all is?

We don't need a god. I found a job without him. I'm a good person without him. People still love me and I'm happy without him. I've lived a good life.

Belief in the efficacy of prayer is a form of confirmation bias. Information and coincidences which, by chance, appear to support the belief are favoured and remembered while those that do not are discarded or rationalised. See also: Cherry Picking.

By incorrectly attributing supernatural causal relationships to otherwise minor correlations, prayer becomes a form of self-deception known as magical thinking or Wishful thinking.

For the conceivably large number of prayers that occur over time there are relatively few ‘answers’ acknowledged by churches and none that are actually demonstrable, such as the healing of amputees or moving of mountains.

Studies have failed to find any evidence for benefits from prayer that cannot be ruled out as either the placebo effect or a form of cognitive behavioural therapy.

What do I need a god for? I love people without believing in him. I know right from wrong and do right most of the time, and I'm sorry when I don't. You can teach humans right from wrong without fear in the boogy man or santa or god you know.

You can teach them that, and in fact that's exactly what the Mosaic Law was all about, teaching man right from wrong. What you can't do, however, is eliminate sin from a person's life.

If there is a god, I accept him. Are you happy? But I don't believe the Jesus story. I think humans made that up. Now am I going to burn in hell?

Yes.

Why, because I don't believe you and your priest and the ancients of your primitive society?

I have no priest, BTW. I don't need one, but the fact that you reference the idea that I do is very telling. No, you're headed to hell because you are a sinful person and refuse to accept the path that God set up for reconciliation with Him. It's really not that hard to understand.

Are you kidding me? My muslim friends say I'll go to hell for not believing them too. Who should I believe god?

You're not asking Him, you're asking me. Therein lies your problem. I can tell you, but you won't believe it.

Joseph Smith asked the same question and god told him to start his own religion. Do you believe that? Then maybe you are going to hell. See how stupid it all is?

God didn't tell him to do it, and Smith would have known that had he paid any attention at all to the Word we already have.

We don't need a god. I found a job without him. I'm a good person without him. People still love me and I'm happy without him. I've lived a good life.

It will all be wasted, because you can't be "good enough". No one can.

Belief in the efficacy of prayer is a form of confirmation bias. Information and coincidences which, by chance, appear to support the belief are favoured and remembered while those that do not are discarded or rationalised. See also: Cherry Picking.

Idiots who try to prove or disprove prayer while refusing any kind of contact with God Himself are no more effective than if they were screaming in a hurricane.

By incorrectly attributing supernatural causal relationships to otherwise minor correlations, prayer becomes a form of self-deception known as magical thinking or Wishful thinking.

Most people have no idea what prayer really is. It's no wonder so few see results.

For the conceivably large number of prayers that occur over time there are relatively few ‘answers’ acknowledged by churches and none that are actually demonstrable, such as the healing of amputees or moving of mountains.

Like I said, most people have no idea what prayer really is or what God wants to do with them. Also like I've said, God is not an ATM. You don't just push the right buttons and have the goodies fall out. You can't control Him, and that drives atheists nuts, because in this arena, they insist on believing nothing they cannot replicate in the lab. They won't ever get it, because God is not interested in doing tricks.

Studies have failed to find any evidence for benefits from prayer that cannot be ruled out as either the placebo effect or a form of cognitive behavioural therapy.

See above. God is a sovereign being who moves and acts according to His will, not ours, and those who refuse Him especially will not see Him act.

Forum List

Back