Prominent European Scientists: "100 year mini-ice age upon us!"

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Oooooooops.............not good news for those disposed to the rigged narrative on the "decided science".

"Zharkova, of Northumbria University, made the predictions by studying new mathematical models for solar activity.

She claims her models can predict the solar cycle with 97% accuracy, leaving little margin for error.

The Met Office has previously told Daily Star Online that a new mini-ice age is a “worst case scenario”, adding that while temperatures are likely to dip, it will do little to offset man-made global warming"

George Feulner, of the Potsdam Institute on Climate Change Research, agrees with this view, adding: “The expected decrease in global temperature would be 0.1 degrees Celsius at most, compared to about 1.3 degrees Celsius since pre-industrial times by the year 2030.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/611671/ice-age-britain-freeze-climate-change-weather

Real interesting stuff on whats happening with the sun ( the religions says it has nothing to do with the climate btw ).

This is seriously going to suck. Winters here in the northeast recently have sucked........bitter cold and big-ass snow. Guess I will be considering a snowblower for the first time in my life.

I've been hearing about this ice age for a long time and it is just a bunch of crap...

2,000 years we were heading down hill in global temperature but somehow the past 150 years we start moving upwards as we start pouring effin co2 into our atmosphere...

No, the co2 forcing won't allow this ice age.

Global Warming? Nah. Mini Ice Age Coming!
779111.jpg

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/122/photos/111000/900x738/779111.jpg

With 12 more @ ICE AGE BRITAIN: River Thames will FREEZE OVER on 'this date' – and could kill millions

Experts told Daily Star Online planet Earth is on course for a “Little Age Ice” within the next three years thanks to a cocktail of climate change and low solar activity.

Research shows a natural cooling cycle that occurs every 230 years began in 2014 and will send temperatures plummeting even further by 2019.

Scientists are also expecting a “huge reduction” in solar activity for 33 years between 2020 and 2053 that will cause thermometers to crash.

And today’s news contains stories about earthquakes around the globe and an increase of sharks and shark attacks off the California coast.

Make you feel warm and snuggly?

imageedit_46_4683402221.jpg

In other words: though there are various theories out there, no one knows exactly why climate changes. What do we know for certain? We are currently in a “relatively cool period.” From What You Need To Know About Climate Change, In One Chart

Global Quackery: Earth Has Not Warmed For Past 19 Years, New Study Finds @ Global Quackery: Earth Has Not Warmed For Past 19 Years, New Study Finds

Last edited:
Oooooooops.............not good news for those disposed to the rigged narrative on the "decided science".

"Zharkova, of Northumbria University, made the predictions by studying new mathematical models for solar activity.

She claims her models can predict the solar cycle with 97% accuracy, leaving little margin for error.

The Met Office has previously told Daily Star Online that a new mini-ice age is a “worst case scenario”, adding that while temperatures are likely to dip, it will do little to offset man-made global warming"

George Feulner, of the Potsdam Institute on Climate Change Research, agrees with this view, adding: “The expected decrease in global temperature would be 0.1 degrees Celsius at most, compared to about 1.3 degrees Celsius since pre-industrial times by the year 2030.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/611671/ice-age-britain-freeze-climate-change-weather

Real interesting stuff on whats happening with the sun ( the religions says it has nothing to do with the climate btw ).

This is seriously going to suck. Winters here in the northeast recently have sucked........bitter cold and big-ass snow. Guess I will be considering a snowblower for the first time in my life.
If you didn't believe the decided science, why believe this?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2017_v6.jpg

UAH Global Temperature Update for April, 2017: +0.27 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

170118112554_1_900x600.jpg

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170118112554.htm

RANK
1 = WARMEST
PERIOD OF RECORD: 1880–2016
YEAR ANOMALY °C ANOMALY °F
1 2016 0.94 1.69
2 2015 0.90 1.62
3 2014 0.74 1.33
4 2010 0.70 1.26
5 2013 0.67 1.21
6 2005 0.66 1.19
7 2009 0.64 1.15
8 1998 0.63 1.13
9 2012 0.62 1.12
10 (tie) 2003 0.61 1.10
10 (tie) 2006 0.61 1.10
10 (tie) 2007 0.61 1.10

Global Climate Report - Annual 2016 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Now that sure looks like we are getting colder.

nobody cares about 1/4 of a degree........and like the European scientists speak about in their research,( and the alarmists dismiss outright ).........the sun matters.

duh

Holy duh.....:ack-1:.....the point is, nothing is decided either way. 8 Years on this forum........this would have to be the dumbest post Ive ever responded to.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Holy duh.....:ack-1:.....the point is, nothing is decided either way. 8 Years on this forum........this would have to be the dumbest post Ive ever responded to.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
8 years? Wow. If it weren't for the easy interface, I'd have moved on after the 1st week of daily conspiracy spam and vitriol.

On this topic, I'm just happy people are digging in this hard. I consider it a win for the environment and public health to be critical of what the corporate world tells us about their products. Pharma, food, energy, w/e. "Its safe, trust us and our 10k lawyers."

I could accept that climate science is an evolving understanding somewhat coupled to technological advancements, funding, and time. I'd prefer that it be driven by a desire for positive reasons rather than hatred of the opposition, though. [emoji28]

How does this explain the current global warming, melting of the polar ice caps, and rising sea levels ???

Normally the definition of ice age is more ice, not less ???

it all sounds like junk news to me.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2017_v6.jpg

UAH Global Temperature Update for April, 2017: +0.27 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

170118112554_1_900x600.jpg

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170118112554.htm

RANK
1 = WARMEST
PERIOD OF RECORD: 1880–2016
YEAR ANOMALY °C ANOMALY °F
1 2016 0.94 1.69
2 2015 0.90 1.62
3 2014 0.74 1.33
4 2010 0.70 1.26
5 2013 0.67 1.21
6 2005 0.66 1.19
7 2009 0.64 1.15
8 1998 0.63 1.13
9 2012 0.62 1.12
10 (tie) 2003 0.61 1.10
10 (tie) 2006 0.61 1.10
10 (tie) 2007 0.61 1.10

Global Climate Report - Annual 2016 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Now that sure looks like we are getting colder.
Yup -- doesn't look like more ice to me either.

You're O/P skookerasbil has got to be on that dumbest list too somewhere as well.

8 years? Wow. If it weren't for the easy interface, I'd have moved on after the 1st week of daily conspiracy spam and vitriol.

On this topic, I'm just happy people are digging in this hard. I consider it a win for the environment and public health to be critical of what the corporate world tells us about their products. Pharma, food, energy, w/e. "Its safe, trust us and our 10k lawyers."

I could accept that climate science is an evolving understanding somewhat coupled to technological advancements, funding, and time. I'd prefer that it be driven by a desire for positive reasons rather than hatred of the opposition, though. [emoji28]
Corporations will always be fokking us.

Always have.

Always will.

That's why regulation is needed.

Environmental regulation for oil drilling and coal mining are the two most important.

Clean air should be a state issue not Federal however.

And even so, China is never going to agree to anything.

You're O/P skookerasbil has got to be on that dumbest list too somewhere as well.

s0n..........let me tell you something. Maybe I am a bit dumb but I am sure I do not possess a thought processing disorder. Have you taken a gander at your recent post count total s0n?:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1: Just sayin'...........but I did and said to myself, "HOLY FUCK!"
Nobody can be that OCD.........that's an issue with thought processing btw.

I'll take dumb but winning any day of the week.:2up:

Glaciers and ice..........nobody is caring in 2017.:bye1:

198526_5_.png

In the iconic picture of the global surface temperature of the 20th century [fig 1, top] one can discern two warming intervals -- in the initial decades (1910-42) and in the final decades, 1977 to 2000. But the global temps are about even between 1940-1977, why is that? And then there's the lack of GW for most of the last 18-20 years, WTF? Shouldn't there be pretty much a straight line going up from 1910 on?

Same deal with the US temps, not a lot of difference here really from 1940-2000, right? Hey I wouldn't argue that GW is happening or that anthropogenic activity is a cause, maybe even a major cause. But the issue is how serious is this problem and how much of our budget should we be spending on this and aren't there less expensive ways to get just as much bang for a lot fewer bucks? I don't hear a lot of talk from the GWers about that.

Forum List

Back