Progressive blogger acknowledges left-wing bigotry

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Actually, speaking as a country boy who grew up in Montana, yeah, rich city people do look at country people a bit different, but that is just because they don't understand how things out in the country are done.

However................if you take time to get to know them, and they get to know you, you can become great friends. I had neighbors from Los Angeles who came up just for the summer every year, and one time I stopped by to talk to them. I'd just come back from fishing and had a full creel of trout, but my Grandmother told me that if I brought home any more fish until we'd finished the others, I'd get skinned alive. Well, I didn't want to waste the fish, so I asked them if they'd like some fresh trout.

They told me they would gladly take them, and if I felt like dropping more off, to stop by anytime. Spent the rest of the summer fishing my ass off and giving them the fish.

At the end of the summer, I stopped by for a last visit, and there was a brand new 10 speed bicycle on the porch. I asked if they had a grandchild visiting and they said no, that is your bike for all the fish that you brought us this summer.

Nope. Never had a problem with most city types.

Im a suburbane thats never had issues with rural.folks, but im also not an egotistical jackass that spews ignorance

Actually, speaking as a country boy who grew up in Montana, yeah, rich city people do look at country people a bit different, but that is just because they don't understand how things out in the country are done.

However................if you take time to get to know them, and they get to know you, you can become great friends. I had neighbors from Los Angeles who came up just for the summer every year, and one time I stopped by to talk to them. I'd just come back from fishing and had a full creel of trout, but my Grandmother told me that if I brought home any more fish until we'd finished the others, I'd get skinned alive. Well, I didn't want to waste the fish, so I asked them if they'd like some fresh trout.

They told me they would gladly take them, and if I felt like dropping more off, to stop by anytime. Spent the rest of the summer fishing my ass off and giving them the fish.

At the end of the summer, I stopped by for a last visit, and there was a brand new 10 speed bicycle on the porch. I asked if they had a grandchild visiting and they said no, that is your bike for all the fish that you brought us this summer.

Imagine if that were to catch on in american society. There is a reason we are encouraged against one another, and no good reason to comply with that programming. One would think more folks would pause to consider who exactly benefits from the dysfunctional madness of this society.

Imagine if that were to catch on in american society. There is a reason we are encouraged against one another, and no good reason to comply with that programming. One would think more folks would pause to consider who exactly benefits from the dysfunctional madness of this society.

The.problem.is people dont chill. They dont use logic. They dont wait for facts. And the uh dont communicate.
And pc is the biggest issue, people are afraid to be honest, because the truth hurts and it takes strong will to face it.

The.problem.is people dont chill. They dont use logic. They dont wait for facts. And the uh dont communicate.
And pc is the biggest issue, people are afraid to be honest, because the truth hurts and it takes strong will to face it.

You've never been chill bub, c'mon now.

Who.me? Im very chill. I can even get along with lefties, but stupid yes men like Lakhota and rdean, Nope, they tee it up and I swing for the fences.

Who.me? Im very chill. I can even get along with lefties, but stupid yes men like Lakhota and rdean, Nope, they tee it up and I swing for the fences.

I rather think we ended up right where we started again though, didn't we?

Well, it catches on more in rural society than it does in the city. Why? Because in places like Montana, you can drive the speed limit and not see ANYONE, no houses, hitch hikers, or even other cars for up to 45 min at a time, which means that if someone is in trouble, you help them because it could be you next time. I was told by my Grandparents to ALWAYS stop when you saw a car by the side of the road, matter of fact, we even picked up hitch hikers, but that kinda stopped after the 80's started.

Well, it catches on more in rural society than it does in the city. Why? Because in places like Montana, you can drive the speed limit and not see ANYONE, no houses, hitch hikers, or even other cars for up to 45 min at a time, which means that if someone is in trouble, you help them because it could be you next time. I was told by my Grandparents to ALWAYS stop when you saw a car by the side of the road, matter of fact, we even picked up hitch hikers, but that kinda stopped after the 80's started.
In all fairness though...I think there is significantly less crime in the rural areas. That lends itself to being more hospitable towards others. I mean, who in their right mind would stop to help someone in South Central Los Angeles? Does that mean there are no good people there? Of course not. But one is exponentially less likely to get mugged in Montana than South Central Los Angeles.

At the end of the day though, this is more about attitudes than actions. Calling anyone outside of major metropolitans "racist" and "ignorant" is just absurd. There is this smug culture among liberals in large cities that they are "enlightened" and above everyone else. That certainly doesn't present itself as the "large, inclusive tent" that they like to proclaim.

In all fairness though...I think there is significantly less crime in the rural areas. That lends itself to being more hospitable towards others. I mean, who in their right mind would stop to help someone in South Central Los Angeles? Does that mean there are no good people there? Of course not. But one is exponentially less likely to get mugged in Montana than South Central Los Angeles.

At the end of the day though, this is more about attitudes than actions. Calling anyone outside of major metropolitans "racist" and "ignorant" is just absurd. There is this smug culture among liberals in large cities that they are "enlightened" and above everyone else. That certainly doesn't present itself as the "large, inclusive tent" that they like to proclaim.

Dunno about the racist part, but I DO know it's a lot easier to be bigoted against someone when you live in the country than it is in the city. Why? Because it's already been pointed out that small town types are generally suspicious of anyone new. And................sorry................but the rural folk ARE generally a bit more ignorant of things that are going on in the world than someone who is in the city. They have more access to newer and better things, as well as more access to media than the country folk. I didn't know what cable TV was until I started visiting my Aunt Laurie when I was 16.

But you also have to understand the meaning of the word ignorant. Ignorant is never having had the chance to learn something.

My horizons broadened SIGNIFICANTLY when I left Montana and joined the Navy.

Dunno about the racist part, but I DO know it's a lot easier to be bigoted against someone when you live in the country than it is in the city. Why? Because it's already been pointed out that small town types are generally suspicious of anyone new. And................sorry................but the rural folk ARE generally a bit more ignorant of things that are going on in the world than someone who is in the city. They have more access to newer and better things, as well as more access to media than the country folk. I didn't know what cable TV was until I started visiting my Aunt Laurie when I was 16.

But you also have to understand the meaning of the word ignorant. Ignorant is never having had the chance to learn something.

Yeah...maybe 30 years ago brother. But them thar country folk do have that thar thing called "internet" and cable news now.

Geez dude...from a guy from Montana, you sure sound as ignorant and bigoted as the progressives who grew up in New York.

Yeah...maybe 30 years ago brother. But them thar country folk do have that thar thing called "internet" and cable news now.

Geez dude...from a guy from Montana, you sure sound as ignorant and bigoted as the progressives who grew up in New York.

They might have cable and internet, but changing the views of those people is kinda hard. Even if they do have internet and cable, they still pal and hang around with the same people and keep up with their same views.

As far as ignorant and bigoted? Outgrew that when I joined the Navy, because I had to. And, there is nothing like world travel to expand your view. Been to 25 different countries and 49 different states.

They might have cable and internet, but changing the views of those people is kinda hard. Even if they do have internet and cable, they still pal and hang around with the same people and keep up with their same views.

As far as ignorant and bigoted? Outgrew that when I joined the Navy, because I had to. And, there is nothing like world travel to expand your view. Been to 25 different countries and 49 different states.
Well that's a fair point....however....you did state "ignorant" in your previous post. Ignorant is not knowing. They may not be apt to change their mind, but that's not the same thing as being uninformed.

Well that's a fair point....however....you did state "ignorant" in your previous post. Ignorant is not knowing. They may not be apt to change their mind, but that's not the same thing as being uninformed.

Actually, if they have the information and refuse to adjust their views, they aren't being ignorant, they are being stupid.

That's from a quote I heard a long time ago. "Ignorance is when you never had the chance to learn, stupidity is when you had the chance but didn't bother. It's okay to be ignorant, just don't be stupid."

Actually, if they have the information and refuse to adjust their views, they aren't being ignorant, they are being stupid.
Wow...that's astoundingly absurd. You're working off of the assumption that the information should cause them to change their views. Maybe the information has firmly cemented their existing views. That's what it has done for me.

Nobody could logically argue that every single bit of data we have proves that true, free-market capitalism is a far superior economic system to anything ever tried and/or developed. That firearms reduce crimes. That traditional core families produce better results. Yes, progressives still try. But they do so with a complete and total lack of logic.

Wow...that's astoundingly absurd. You're working off of the assumption that the information should cause them to change their views. Maybe the information has firmly cemented their existing views. That's what it has done for me.

Nobody could logically argue that every single bit of data we have proves that true, free-market capitalism is a far superior economic system to anything ever tried and/or developed. That firearms reduce crimes. That traditional core families produce better results. Yes, progressives still try. But they do so with a complete and total lack of logic.

In some cases, yeah, the new information SHOULD cause people to change their views. I know that the views I held at 18 are much different than what I have at 52. Matter of fact, I was a bit nervous around gay people because there weren't ANY out people that I knew of back home. Why? Because of all the prejudice that many hold towards them. I met my first gay person only after I'd left Montana, and to tell you the truth, they are pretty much like other people, with the exception of who they find sexually appealing. And, I even got to the point where I liked going to female impersonator shows with a gay friend of mine because they were entertaining as hell and some of those guys were very good in their makeup and costumes. Every one of them could sing their ass off too.

Same thing with African Americans. I only knew 1 up in Montana, and I didn't meet him until my senior year. However, boot camp and the new information that I learned changed my views there as well. I learned that everyone was basically the same in boot camp, and we all wondered what in the hell we were doing.

Yes. There ARE cases where new information should change your views.

Matter of fact, my room mate was a big oil fracking supporter for many years, and when the problems started up with fracking, she said it was a safe way to get natural gas out of the ground. At least, until she found out they weren't using water anymore, but a really toxic blend of chemicals. And, when the new information came out about fracking causing earthquakes, she did the research and now no longer supports fracking.

In my younger days I lived near a small city airport the parking lot for which was just off a freeway. A freeway which had, just before that point, a series of very confusing signs. T'was fun, of a Friday evening in summer to park in the lot, right by the fence, watching the planes and sucking on a 'Narry. And wait. Wait for the Cadillacs with very confused cigar-smoking Big City Sneering Progressives. They'd drive in, roll down a window and expect one of us to come to greet them. But we didn't Not until the hot, humid air had swept away all their AC. We got so we could almost count the beads of sweat from 40-feet away.

Then they'd bellow: "Kinyatellme howta get to da Cape?"

We'd look each other, feigning a little puzzlement, cup an ear and holler back:

"Ehhh?"

Again: "Kinyatell me howta get to da Cape?"

Again we'd look puzzled for a bit and wait for it:

"Goddamn it, KINNYA TELL ME HOWTA GET TO DUH FUCKING CAPE?"

Then one of us (we took turns) would smile and shout back:

"EeeeYUP!"

Then cigar-chomper would look puzzled and start again but he'd get cut off.

Another us would be more helpful: "Yiup, we all know how to get the cape." low and we got confusing directions that getcher there quicker." "You want the price list?"

The answer usually was flying gravel and a hasty turn onto the on-ramp for Boston. From there, in a few hours, you can get to The Cape - if you find somebody willing to tell you where to turn back.

City Progressives are more fun than puppies!

No, we never sneered. Only belly-laughed - which can be dangerous when you're about 1/2 full of 'Narry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back