Conway: Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem 'big priority' for Trump

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem will be a major focus for Donald Trump, senior aide Kellyanne Conway said on Monday.

"That is very big priority for this president-elect, Donald Trump," Conway told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on his Monday morning show. "He made it very clear during the campaign, Hugh, and as president-elect I've heard him repeat it several times privately, if not publicly.”

Past White House hopefuls, including George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, reneged on their support to move the diplomatic post from Tel Aviv to the holy city. The United Nations does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and most countries keep their embassies in the vicinity of Tel Aviv.

But Conway questioned why such a policy shift has not already occurred.

“It is something that our friend in Israel, a great friend in the Middle East, would appreciate and something that a lot of Jewish-Americans have expressed their preference for," she said. "It is a great move. It is an easy move to do based on how much he talked about that in the debates and in the sound bites.”

Finally, an enlightened ME policy from the US.

Fuck yeah, Trump has the balls to do it. were been saying where gonna do it for 50 years, about time we got a man of action.

How much taxpayer money will that cost. Or is Israel going to pay for it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/world/middleeast/jerusalem-us-embassy-trump.html
Who cares what it costs? I'll donate.

Can we send you the bill afterwards when the true costs of a move like that are known? There is a reason why the last two president who made that promise didn't. I think the Don might be stubborn enough to try it.
Trump might do it and make the UN pay for the move.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/world/middleeast/jerusalem-us-embassy-trump.html

Can we send you the bill afterwards when the true costs of a move like that are known? There is a reason why the last two president who made that promise didn't. I think the Don might be stubborn enough to try it.

They aren't interested in anything but smearing shit on everything.

Right after The Wall.

Moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem will be a major focus for Donald Trump, senior aide Kellyanne Conway said on Monday.

"That is very big priority for this president-elect, Donald Trump," Conway told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on his Monday morning show. "He made it very clear during the campaign, Hugh, and as president-elect I've heard him repeat it several times privately, if not publicly.”

Past White House hopefuls, including George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, reneged on their support to move the diplomatic post from Tel Aviv to the holy city. The United Nations does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and most countries keep their embassies in the vicinity of Tel Aviv.

But Conway questioned why such a policy shift has not already occurred.

“It is something that our friend in Israel, a great friend in the Middle East, would appreciate and something that a lot of Jewish-Americans have expressed their preference for," she said. "It is a great move. It is an easy move to do based on how much he talked about that in the debates and in the sound bites.”

Finally, an enlightened ME policy from the US.
Makes no sense not to have the US embassy in Jerusalem.

The Palestinian and Jordanian fantasy that Israel will ever give back their thousands of years old capital is a mooseleem hashish pipe dream.

Right after The Wall.
Trump might build a wall around Jerusalem and make the Palis pay for it. He's on a roll.

The more America can show solidarity with Israel the better. As a Christian, I know when I visit that country I can practice my faith without feeling I might be killed for doing so, the same can't be said for all countries in that region unfortunately.

Allies need to know who their allies are, and enemies can read between the lines based on actions.

Trump is actively looking for investment in property in Israel.
I'm betting he'll have his eye on Jerusalem and now has an excellent anchor tenant.

Right after The Wall.
Trump might build a wall around Jerusalem and make the Palis pay for it. He's on a roll.

Sure he will, hold your breath padnah.

Forum List

Back