Pro Life Stall At Local Showgrounds

I went to the local show today. Its like an annual fete, or carnival, with rides and such like what you guys have over there.

Lots of kids attend because there are petting zoos and heaps of rides and games for the little ones to enjoy, and showbags etc.
I was walking through one of the halls, looking at everything, when I came across a pro life stall. It was an anti abortion group located in my city (I have never been aware of the until now) and they had these little plastic dolls displayed, saying 'this is what you looked like at 12 weeks' and what they were showing was an extremely well developed plastic fetus, which looks nothing like what we look like at that early stage.

They advertised that they provide support and counseling for pregnancy, nothing even suggested that they were an anti abortion group. Their website states that they don't refer for abortion, and they quote false statistics that abortion causes mental illness, etc.

As this annual show is attended by many small children, and I believe that a political agenda should NOT be pushed on anyone at such an event, I am interested to hear what you all think.

I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?

I love your perspective and respect it. Please try to absorb mine.

Abortion is about politics on one side but about Religion on the other. Neither of these arguments are valid and end in years worth of arguments on all forums. The only thing we can do to make Abortion Obsolete is ensure people in their sexual years have access to protective gear. Noting what years these may be is a debate on it's own. Noting what happens if they have access to this protective gear and still making the mistake is a debate on it's own.

Today's debate is utterly stupid.

"It's a child not a choice" is backed by science. "It's killing a child" is backed by Religion, not science today. (Science develops/evolves much more than religion)

I would think ample birth control could save us from this debate. Except some Religions say if you were meant to have a baby, you will have one and it's the work of god....................They didn't notice God delegated the responsibilities to run this world to the people when he stopped talking to us, yep, god never talked to you directly, that was your inner monologue.

A man today can walk away from a baby with no parental consequences. A woman can not!<--This is where "choice" comes into play. Why are people only attacking the choice of the woman and not the man? Why do men have the right to decide not to be a parent yet the women can't? At this point, certainly, some can see the flaw in the discussion "It's not a choice, it's a child".

I personally wonder how many rubbers, Combination pills, Progestin-only pills, Extended-cycle pills, Vaginal Rings, Diaphragms, IUD's, Female Condomns, Patches, Implants, Sterilizations, and Plan B Pills could have been purchased by the amount of $$$ people spent on Anti-Abortion Lobbying.

Or, we can stick to abstinence. Nothing ever went wrong with that ideology...................(except "sling shot affect" where people deprived of something too long go crazy like preists raping children)

That's my humble opinion..:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
I hope you leftist abort all of your children. That makes me happy and feel good. ;) We will keep having children and raising them to have common fucking sense.
V Watch it..

If a couple wants to have sex, but doesn't want a baby, there should be another option. ONLY RELIGION stands against this. And in America we believe in Freedom of Religion, not forced Christianity......

A child that a parent does not want is the brewing ground for a criminal.........you and everyone in America should know this.

I went to the local show today. Its like an annual fete, or carnival, with rides and such like what you guys have over there.

Lots of kids attend because there are petting zoos and heaps of rides and games for the little ones to enjoy, and showbags etc.
I was walking through one of the halls, looking at everything, when I came across a pro life stall. It was an anti abortion group located in my city (I have never been aware of the until now) and they had these little plastic dolls displayed, saying 'this is what you looked like at 12 weeks' and what they were showing was an extremely well developed plastic fetus, which looks nothing like what we look like at that early stage.

They advertised that they provide support and counseling for pregnancy, nothing even suggested that they were an anti abortion group. Their website states that they don't refer for abortion, and they quote false statistics that abortion causes mental illness, etc.

As this annual show is attended by many small children, and I believe that a political agenda should NOT be pushed on anyone at such an event, I am interested to hear what you all think.

I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?

Your post is either disingenuous or based on ignorance, since "pro choice" groups routinely use children in their marches and demonstrations. Since you are "firmly pro choice," would you mind answering the following question?

At EXACTLY what point in the birthing process would you consider "terminating" the fetus/child to be murder? (You know what I mean, so please don't resort to quibbling about terminology.)

I do not expect an honest answer, but go ahead and surprise me.

When it is born.
So at 1 minute before birth of a child you would support abortion? You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb?

correct, free speech should be shut down, and pro-abortion should be taught to those kids in school, when their parents are not around.

Opinions?

Your post is either disingenuous or based on ignorance, since "pro choice" groups routinely use children in their marches and demonstrations. Since you are "firmly pro choice," would you mind answering the following question?

At EXACTLY what point in the birthing process would you consider "terminating" the fetus/child to be murder? (You know what I mean, so please don't resort to quibbling about terminology.)

When it is born.
So at 1 minute before birth of a child you would support abortion? You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb?

^You are making my argument for me, mostly because you can't read beyond a title and never do. There was lot's of information there. Please try to read it instead of posting an insignificant response..

I did notice your question marks and know why you used them.

Opinions?

When it is born.
If a woman has difficulty in childbirth, one dismembers the embryo within her, limb by limb, because her life takes precedence over its life. However, once its head (or its 'greater part') has emerged, it may not be touched, for we do not set aside one life for another

Ohalot 7:6
Polls of Jews in America report that 88% of American Jews are pro-choice.[38]

In Israel, abortion is allowed with the approval of a termination committee if the woman is unmarried, because of age (if the woman is under the age of 17 - the legal marriage age in Israel - or over the age 40), the pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, statutory rape, etc.) or an incestuous relationship, birth defects, risk of health to the mother, and life of the mother. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics report from 2004, in 2003 most abortion requests were granted, with 19,500 legal abortions performed and 200 requests for abortion denied. Reasons for termination went as follows: the woman was unmarried (42%), because of illegal circumstances (11%), health risks to the woman (about 20%), age of the woman (11%) and fetal birth defects (about 17%).[39]
As a Jew I find it rather amusing the support and tax payers $ that you right wing christian nutters send to Israel the home of choice.

Last edited:

You are speaking of something which has never, and will never, happen.

The pro-life camp needs to come up with better terminology if they're ever gonna effect anything. Everyone's "pro-life." We're all alive, and we like it a lot. It's a stupid term.

For abortion = Pro-Baby Killing
Against abortion = Anti-Baby killing

Change terms a little and you make being for or against something much harder or easier. 'For' side can go on calling themselves pro-choice but pro-life side should seize the narrative and call a spade a spade.

Opinions?

When it is born.

You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb

Complete and utter nonsense!

The earliest documented survival is 21 weeks and even then the survival rate is less than 1%.

Opinions?

When it is born.

You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb

The earliest documented survival is 21 weeks and even then the survival rate is less than 1%.

With all due respect, if it were you you'd want that 1% chance. Or even if your own child.

Opinions?

When it is born.

With all due respect, if it were you you'd want that 1% chance. Or even if your own child.

There is 0% at 16 weeks.

To be brutally honest I would not go for the 1% chance at 21 weeks for my own child. The odds of burdening my own child with all of the serious physical and mental health complications that come with premature births is something that I would not want to live with.

We are more compassionate about the quality of life of our pets than we are about ourselves. There is something fundamentally wrong with this "life at all costs" mentality. If I end up with Alzheimers I want to be put out of misery rather than have my loved ones changing the diapers on the body of someone who is no longer there.

That is just me. I don't speak for anyone else in this regard but quality of life trumps quantity of life in my opinion.

Opinions?

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much. If I was there with my small children, then I could easily steer them away from the booth. If I was there with my older children, it would be an opening for a discussion.

Not an issue for me. Especially if they were fairly calm and quiet about the whole thing, which it sounds like they were. I once went to get dry cleaning, and my kids were exposed to screaming anti-choice fanatics waving blown-up placards of dismembered fetuses in full color. I was more offended by that.

When it is born.

There is 0% at 16 weeks.

To be brutally honest I would not go for the 1% chance at 21 weeks for my own child. The odds of burdening my own child with all of the serious physical and mental health complications that come with premature births is something that I would not want to live with.

We are more compassionate about the quality of life of our pets than we are about ourselves. There is something fundamentally wrong with this "life at all costs" mentality. If I end up with Alzheimers I want to be put out of misery rather than have my loved ones changing the diapers on the body of someone who is no longer there.

That is just me. I don't speak for anyone else in this regard but quality of life trumps quantity of life in my opinion.

I think of it in terms of how others (like aliens) would judge us if we kill our own. "Well we were gonna make peaceful contact, but look how barbarous they are. Let's just wipe em out."

Opinions?
I'm not sure I believe you would have a problem if it were "a" pro abortion stall, in "one" hall, having looked at "everything"

Dominated is clearly an exaggeration.

Opinions?

When it is born.

You are incorrect.

Its not viable, its not a child and it cannot live outside the womb..

The argument comes down to what point in our genesis we should consider ourselves to be human beings who have a right to exist.

No, the "argument" is simply whether or not a human being has the right control their own reproduction.

A man has the right to control when and if he reproduces.

A woman should have that same right.

Wrong. Just what do you think partial birth and late term abortions are? Which are legal in Australia.

As a Jew I find it rather amusing the support and tax payers $ that you right wing christian nutters send to Israel the home of choice.

the problem of "israel first" zionists in american gvmt giving billions of dollars of our tax money to israel will eventually be addressed.

Yet, you just supported the notion when you said a baby should be able to be aborted just a moment before birth.

The problem as I see it is those such as yourself with these extremely radical opinions on one side of the debate are little different in nature from those with extremely radical notions on the other side of the debate.

There is so little intellectual honesty with either extreme that it makes discussion impossible.

Opinions?

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much. If I was there with my small children, then I could easily steer them away from the booth. If I was there with my older children, it would be an opening for a discussion.

Not an issue for me. Especially if they were fairly calm and quiet about the whole thing, which it sounds like they were. I once went to get dry cleaning, and my kids were exposed to screaming anti-choice fanatics waving blown-up placards of dismembered fetuses in full color. I was more offended by that.

That's pretty much how I see it too - if it's discreet and informative and not in your face, I don't mind it. This one doesn't seem to cross the line.

Folks - just a quick reminder that this is CDZ. The topic is less the rights or wrongs of abortion than it is the appropriateness of pro-life or pro-choice booths at public family events.

Forum List

Back