Waterboarding - again but with a twist

I

Indofred

BBC News - John Cantlie IS hostages face waterboarding for escape attempts

A British hostage being held by Islamic State (IS) has said prisoners of the militant group who have tried to escape have been punished with waterboarding.

The statement came in the latest video featuring 43-year-old journalist John Cantlie, who was seized in late 2012.

Mr Cantlie reads an apparently scripted message that criticises the British and US's stance on hostage negotiations.

Is waterboarding torture and, if it is, can western governments complain about it when it's done to their people?

Of course waterboarding is torture. I don't understand the point of the OP--yes, ISIS is full of evil people that may use waterboarding in their toolkit of torture methods. I would hope that the U.S. is different.

BBC News - John Cantlie IS hostages face waterboarding for escape attempts

A British hostage being held by Islamic State (IS) has said prisoners of the militant group who have tried to escape have been punished with waterboarding.

The statement came in the latest video featuring 43-year-old journalist John Cantlie, who was seized in late 2012.

Mr Cantlie reads an apparently scripted message that criticises the British and US's stance on hostage negotiations.

Is waterboarding torture and, if it is, can western governments complain about it when it's done to their people?

It's torture. Can complain, but everyone'll roll their eyes.

Drowning is supposed to be one of the worst, if not the worst way to die. Anything simulating that sensation is absolutely torture.

Forum List

Back