Pro Life Stall At Local Showgrounds

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
I went to the local show today. Its like an annual fete, or carnival, with rides and such like what you guys have over there.

Lots of kids attend because there are petting zoos and heaps of rides and games for the little ones to enjoy, and showbags etc.
I was walking through one of the halls, looking at everything, when I came across a pro life stall. It was an anti abortion group located in my city (I have never been aware of the until now) and they had these little plastic dolls displayed, saying 'this is what you looked like at 12 weeks' and what they were showing was an extremely well developed plastic fetus, which looks nothing like what we look like at that early stage.

They advertised that they provide support and counseling for pregnancy, nothing even suggested that they were an anti abortion group. Their website states that they don't refer for abortion, and they quote false statistics that abortion causes mental illness, etc.

As this annual show is attended by many small children, and I believe that a political agenda should NOT be pushed on anyone at such an event, I am interested to hear what you all think.

I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?

The problem I see is that Liberals have a lock on a number of venues. They control schools, they control media, so that leaves those with opposing views fewer venues which they can use to push their message to the broader public.

Understand that you're witnessing a REACTION to liberal messages.

Mod Edit: Please remember this thread is in the CDZ:

"Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads): Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No negative repping. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you leftist abort all of your children. That makes me happy and feel good. ;) We will keep having children and raising them to have common fucking sense.

Liberals don't like having children.

tfr-us-by-lib-cons-30-43_zpsc6f54b2b.png

The problem I see is that Liberals have a lock on a number of venues. They control schools, they control media, so that leaves those with opposing views fewer venues which they can use to push their message to the broader public.

Do liberals control your churches?

I hope you leftist abort all of your children. That makes me happy and feel good. ;) We will keep having children and raising them to have common fucking sense.
I'm pretty sure that when people decide to have children, or an accident causes unplanned pregnancy...and furthermore, when your baby is crying 24 hours a day, then wakes you up to be fed at 2:00am...one of the last things on your mind is political ideology.

There is no evidence at all that liberals have fewer children, or raise them less effectively.

Ideological positions form much later in life after being shaped by experience.

The notion that conservatives are more likely to produce more conservatives is not thought out well. Angry people don't always do the best thinking, and if your "not so latent" homicidal inclinations bring you happiness about something you seem to oppose...you should really lay off the moral outrage pro life activists shell out. If it does for children, what it does for you, I would think you'd be against a pro life booth pushing that same swill on children at a street fair.

Free speech means that disinformation has just as much right to be heard as the facts.

If you believe that what was being promoted was untrue then I recommend that you write an open letter to your local newspaper asking why the promoters did not vet the content of the stall considering that there were children present at that event.

If it was promoted by your local government then that is yet another point to make. If the stall was funded by a local cult then that too should be brought to light.

Include the disinformation from their website and the facts that rebut their canards. Stick to the facts and do not use any emotional arguments.

Just ask why this was allowed to happen when there were children present.

Hopefully that will start the ball rolling.

Liberals don't like having children.

tfr-us-by-lib-cons-30-43_zpsc6f54b2b.png
Yes, because a shortage of people is a really big problem right now.

Whereas, we have plenty of pro-big government people wanting to know and control the private lives of others.

Get government and religion out of our private lives.

There is, of course, no truth to this.

Unless one likes being ignorant, one should turn off Faux News and Limbaugh.

I went to the local show today. Its like an annual fete, or carnival, with rides and such like what you guys have over there.

Lots of kids attend because there are petting zoos and heaps of rides and games for the little ones to enjoy, and showbags etc.
I was walking through one of the halls, looking at everything, when I came across a pro life stall. It was an anti abortion group located in my city (I have never been aware of the until now) and they had these little plastic dolls displayed, saying 'this is what you looked like at 12 weeks' and what they were showing was an extremely well developed plastic fetus, which looks nothing like what we look like at that early stage.

They advertised that they provide support and counseling for pregnancy, nothing even suggested that they were an anti abortion group. Their website states that they don't refer for abortion, and they quote false statistics that abortion causes mental illness, etc.

As this annual show is attended by many small children, and I believe that a political agenda should NOT be pushed on anyone at such an event, I am interested to hear what you all think.

I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?

There's no shortage of meddling busy bodies who have no sex life but want to control the sex lives of others.

But, they have a right to spew lies and teach their kids the same BIG GOVERNMENT lies.

Opinions?

Your post is either disingenuous or based on ignorance, since "pro choice" groups routinely use children in their marches and demonstrations. Since you are "firmly pro choice," would you mind answering the following question?

At EXACTLY what point in the birthing process would you consider "terminating" the fetus/child to be murder? (You know what I mean, so please don't resort to quibbling about terminology.)

I do not expect an honest answer, but go ahead and surprise me.

Opinions?

Your post is either disingenuous or based on ignorance, since "pro choice" groups routinely use children in their marches and demonstrations. Since you are "firmly pro choice," would you mind answering the following question?

At EXACTLY what point in the birthing process would you consider "terminating" the fetus/child to be murder? (You know what I mean, so please don't resort to quibbling about terminology.)

I do not expect an honest answer, but go ahead and surprise me.

When it is born.

Forum List

Back