Pro-life at 51%

In other words, because they don't give a shit about the baby.

I don't give a shit who you are or where you were. I worked with addicts and women and I've been to abortion clinics, where they were performing abortions on women who were obviously very close to due, and another time on (my client) who WASN'T EVEN FLIPPING PREGNANT. They told her AFTER the "abortion" that she had already miscarried.

But they took her fucking $600 all the same, you better believe it.
Obviously you don't give a shit about babies.

What ridiculous rhetoric.

Provide some evidence that aborted children are better off being aborted. Go ahead. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Abortion

The latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

I don't understand that statistic. 51% say they are "pro-life", yet according to the polling data:

o Only 30% would overrule Roe
o Only 23% think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.

Those don't sound like "pro-life" is at 51% to me. Maybe it reflects those who consider themselves personally to be "pro-life" in that they personally wouldn't have an abortion, but they support a woman's right to choose, which is really not the pro-life position but a pro-choice position.

And I have NEVER heard a woman say "I wish so and so hadn't been born."

But I sure as hell have heard them say "I wish I hadn't had an abortion."

The whole "the child is better off dead" argument is as flat as rainwater, as well, btw. There's no evidence that legalizing abortion has in any way decreased the incidence of child abuse/neglect or even poverty. The kids who are poor were born to mothers who WANTED them, dumbass.
You hear what you want to hear.

That's such a ridiculous and trite statement. Women still die from abortions, abortionists are still freaks of nature who don't give a shit about life (including the life of the mother) and we have no reliable stats to prove that things are any better today than they used to be. Nor do we have anything like stats to prove that if abortion were to become illegal (as murder should be, nobody has a "right" to kill those who inconvenience them...) women would start dying in droves because they just HAVE to get rid of that baby.

From the CDC:
Compared with the early 1970s, the annual number of deaths associated with known legal induced abortion in the first half of this decade has decreased by nearly two thirds (Table 19).

s713a1t19.gif

I don't give a shit who you are or where you were. I worked with addicts and women and I've been to abortion clinics, where they were performing abortions on women who were obviously very close to due, and another time on (my client) who WASN'T EVEN FLIPPING PREGNANT. They told her AFTER the "abortion" that she had already miscarried.

I've also worked with women who were in treatment because they were pregnant and on dope, and were not interested in getting abortions. I took care of their babies.

Should we have forced them to abort, do you think?

Abortion

The latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

I don't understand that statistic. 51% say they are "pro-life", yet according to the polling data:

o Only 30% would overrule Roe
o Only 23% think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.

Those don't sound like "pro-life" is at 51% to me. Maybe it reflects those who consider themselves personally to be "pro-life" in that they personally wouldn't have an abortion, but they support a woman's right to choose, which is really not the pro-life position but a pro-choice position.
Thanks for the stats. I wonder what percentage believe abortion should be legal in all circumstances.

The CDC. Lol.

"Inaccuracy in women's reports of their abortion histories affects many areas of interest to reproductive health professionals and researchers. The identification of characteristics that affect the accuracy of reporting is essential for the improvement of data collection methods. A comparison of the medical records of 104 American women aged 27-30 in 1990-1991 with their self-reported abortion histories revealed that 19% of these women failed to report one or more abortions. Results of logistic regression analysis indicate that nonwhite women were 3.3 times as likely as whites to underreport. With each additional year that had elapsed since the first recorded abortion, women became somewhat more likely to underreport (odds ratio of 1.3), while each additional year of a woman's education slightly decreased the likelihood of underreporting (odds ratio of 0.7).

(Family Planning Perspectives, 28:228-231, 1996)

Underreporting of abortions is a persistent problem in studies conducted in the United States and elsewhere, irrespective of the research design or study population. Abortions are underreported at different rates both between and within populations, which suggests that underreporting is not simply a function of individual-level behavioral characteristics. Demographic variation suggests that social forces affect underreporting. Furthermore, how questions about abortion are asked appears to be as important as women's behavioral, demographic and social characteristics.

Inaccuracy in self-reported abortion histories affects many areas of interest to demographers and epidemiologists. Estimates of abortion, contraceptive failure,1 miscarriage2 and reproductive histories that rely on self-reports are all subject to bias by abortion underreporting, and the extent of bias in each case is unknown. The determination of the predictors of underreporting is therefore critical to building a body of knowledge that may lead to the development of better data collection methods and more meaningful statistical weights."
A Medical Record Linkage Analysis of Abortion Underreporting

BTW, the Guttmacher site is full of disclaimers regarding abortion stats.

BTW, the CDC gets their info from them.

abortion

the latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

i don't understand that statistic. 51% say they are "pro-life", yet according to the polling data:

O only 30% would overrule roe
o only 23% think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.

thanks for the stats. I wonder what percentage believe abortion should be legal in all circumstances.

22% according to the latest gallup poll. The rest (about 50%) think abortion should be legal in some circumstances, which are not identified.

The whole "the child is better off dead" argument is as flat as rainwater, as well, btw. There's no evidence that legalizing abortion has in any way decreased the incidence of child abuse/neglect or even poverty. The kids who are poor were born to mothers who WANTED them, dumbass.

You know what? So what. NO matter how careful people are, accidents can happen. I had a pregnancy scare with my boyfriend last year. We'd been dating for about 6 months, and I missed a period.

Fortunately, I wasn't pregnant, but in that week, I thought about whether or not I could have a baby. At this point in my life, I couldn't. I'm 43, with two kids, and not married. I cannot afford the expense, the time off work, and I don't want to take time away from my kids to raise another baby.

I know for a fact that I'd have aborted.

And you know what? That's well within my rights. I'm more than an egg-incubator. A fetus at 4 weeks is not a human infant. They are not at all the same. Sure that fetus contains the POTENTIAL to become a human infant, but it's not there. It's a tiny cluster of cells.

I miscarried when I was 26. I caught the baby in my hand in the bathroom, after hours of agony. I was 12 weeks pregnant.

I've delivered 2 healthy full term babies.

They are not remotely the same.

If anyone doesn't give a crap about babies, it's GOD. 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Most of the fetuses are too damaged or malformed to survive. Most women who miscarry do so before they are even aware that they are pregnant.

Beyond that, if God cares so much, why does he allow millions of children - every single year - to starve to death?

Being pro-abortion during the first trimester is not the same as being pro-abortion for a late term abortion.

And, I get tired of your inflammatory, judgemental rhetoric, Allie.

You're a self-righteous jerk. I'm tired of the fanatics controlling this discussion, as if they have a right to.

If you would never have an abortion, well-done you. You don't get the right to make that decision for someone else. Nor are you entitled to judge women who choose differently.

Last edited:

I've also worked with women who were in treatment because they were pregnant and on dope, and were not interested in getting abortions. I took care of their babies.

Should we have forced them to abort, do you think?

It's wrong to force a woman to abort just as it's wrong to prevent her from doing so.

You know what? So what. NO matter how careful people are, accidents can happen. I had a pregnancy scare with my boyfriend last year. We'd been dating for about 6 months, and I missed a period.

Fortunately, I wasn't pregnant, but in that week, I thought about whether or not I could have a baby. At this point in my life, I couldn't. I'm 43, with two kids, and not married. I cannot afford the expense, the time off work, and I don't want to take time away from my kids to raise another baby.

And you know what? That's well within my rights. I'm more than an egg-incubator. A fetus at 4 weeks is not a human infant. They are not at all the same. Sure that fetus contains the POTENTIAL to become a human infant, but it's not there. It's a tiny cluster of cells.

I miscarried when I was 26. I caught the baby in my hand in the bathroom, after hours of agony. I was 12 weeks pregnant.

Being pro-abortion during the first trimester is not the same as being pro-abortion for a late term abortion.

You're a self-righteous jerk.

And you're a smug, self-centered ass. I don't care if you missed your period. Just because you want to fuck your boyfriend carelessly is no excuse to kill a baby, even if it's yours.

I've had 4 babies, and miscarried one at 24 weeks. I was life-flighted out, so your sad story about the miscarriage holds no water with me because I've been there too. Not sure what you were trying to prove.

Your rights end where another's begin, and another's begin in your belly. If you don't like that, get your tubes tied and hope the doctor who does it isn't high. Abortion became legal by BY-PASSING the majority with a law made by liberal judges, based on testimony which was later recanted.

It shouldn't be legal, the majority never wanted it and still doesn't, and it's murder.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you pompous bitch.

And you're a smug, self-centered ass. I don't care if you missed your period. Just because you want to fuck your boyfriend carelessly is no excuse to kill a baby, even if it's yours.

A 4 -week old clump of cells is not a baby. i've been there, done that. And, they aren't the same.

Deal. Not all of us subscribe to your god myth. As stated, "God" kills far more babies than humans ever will.

To me, a 4-week old fetus is a clump of cells. It's the difference between a sentence and a fully-fleshed out novel. It's an idea, not a thinking, sentient being.

You can pretend otherwise, but anyone who has taken a basic biology class knows the difference.

Go back to your bible thumping, you pretentious posturing cow.

You're a self-righteous jerk.

I've had 4 babies, and miscarried one at 24 weeks. I was life-flighted out, so your sad story about the miscarriage holds no water with me because I've been there too. Not sure what you were trying to prove.

Your rights end where another's begin, and another's begin in your belly. If you don't like that, get your tubes tied and hope the doctor who does it isn't high. Abortion became legal by BY-PASSING the majority with a law made by liberal judges, based on testimony which was later recanted.

It shouldn't be legal, the majority never wanted it and still doesn't, and it's murder.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you pompous bitch.
You have no sympathy whatsoever for a woman who suffered a painful miscarriage? I think you hate women as much as you hate babies.
And that terrible pun about not holding water ...:eusa_hand:

Does anyone ever think about how selfish it is to destroy something that someone else is working so hard to get. There is no shortage of people waiting for adoption.

Abortion is no different than when the government decided another group weren't really people and therefore couldn't vote, i.e. the blacks.

A baby is not a part of a woman's body and she has no jurisdiction over it.

Does anyone ever think about how selfish it is to destroy something that someone else is working so hard to get. There is no shortage of people waiting for adoption.

Abortion is no different than when the government decided another group weren't really people and therefore couldn't vote, i.e. the blacks.

A baby is not a part of a woman's body and she has no jurisdiction over it.

There is no shortage of adoptable children either, that's just the systems red tape at fault.

Forum List

Back