Pro-life at 51%

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by alan1, May 18, 2009.

1. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Abortion

The latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

2. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441
    Read that yesterday. So, would 5% split the atom?

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    And of those who are pro-choice, a huge chunk of them are pro-choice only in limited circumstances.

4. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Good for the 51%. Hopefully that means less abortions this year, which hopefully means less pregnant single mothers.

Other than that - this poll is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if the number is at 98% - the 2% deserve the right to choose.

5. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I am only pro-choice during the first trimester or very early second trimester. I'd say about 15 weeks is the limit.

Third trimester abortions or partial abortion is outrageous and disgusting.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    What a shame they are so routine, then, and abortion clinics don't keep track of the stats.

7. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I'm a first trimester and life of the mother in danger guy.

Making it illegal and returning to back alley coat hanger job days doesn't sound like a good policy to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    That's such a ridiculous and trite statement. Women still die from abortions, abortionists are still freaks of nature who don't give a shit about life (including the life of the mother) and we have no reliable stats to prove that things are any better today than they used to be. Nor do we have anything like stats to prove that if abortion were to become illegal (as murder should be, nobody has a "right" to kill those who inconvenience them...) women would start dying in droves because they just HAVE to get rid of that baby.

9. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    you have obviously never seen an abortion performed or even been to planned parenthood.

10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    "Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

If those opposed to abortion supported child care and nutritional service for all children I could take them serious.
    The act of sex wastes life, destroys the potential for life. Quit purposeless sex if you are serious about life.
    If your only argument is a few cells become life those same cells die so potential has no meaning.
    Animals are conscious beings and we kill and eat them daily. Some kill them for sport. So life is only important if it is my species life?
    Each month the opportunity for life presents itself for a woman and yet they often prevent life from forming. If you carry anti pro-choice arguments to their extreme you have to allow me mine. This is true for men as well. Give life as often as you can or don't tell others what they should do.
    By potential I mean we die, so again if I follow the extreme argument of the anti pro group, just as we are born we die so is death ok as it is where we end up anyway. Suicide anyone.
    4000 living, breathing, sentient beings die daily and we argue abortion.
    No one is killing innocent children they are just doing the same things everyone does when they prevent life from coming to fruition.
    50% of fertilized eggs perish, God is screwing up here.
    Ever look in a microscope at your semen. Lots of life there. Stop beating off.
    In Genesis 38 we read that Onan "spilled his seed upon the ground," an act that so displeased the Lord that He struck him dead.
    Let's support education and preventative measures and stop the BS that surrounds abortion.
    Let's help those children who make it through but have so little.
    And if the constitution/law mattered to you you would not care about abortion as it is legal. Right?

Boston Review — Judith Jarvis Thomson

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1