Pro-life at 51%

Now that Obama has "legalized" stem cell research Im certain that the rate of abortion will increase once research centre start paying women for aborted fetal tissue. Im sure in some of the upscale ghetto's of DC the women will line up.

Abortion

The latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

I don't understand that statistic. 51% say they are "pro-life", yet according to the polling data:

o Only 30% would overrule Roe
o Only 23% think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.

Those don't sound like "pro-life" is at 51% to me. Maybe it reflects those who consider themselves personally to be "pro-life" in that they personally wouldn't have an abortion, but they support a woman's right to choose, which is really not the pro-life position but a pro-choice position.

I just posted the statistic.

Now that Obama has "legalized" stem cell research Im certain that the rate of abortion will increase once research centre start paying women for aborted fetal tissue. Im sure in some of the upscale ghetto's of DC the women will line up.

You need that stem cell research, so they can grow a brain for you so you can learn more about stem cell research.

MOUNTAINMAN,

The anti-free choice, religious zealots play with statistics - "Statistics lie and liars use statistics"

And, I get tired of your inflammatory, judgemental rhetoric, Allie.

You're a self-righteous jerk. I'm tired of the fanatics controlling this discussion, as if they have a right to.

Calling abortion opponents "jerks" is a sure way to demonstrate your open-mindedness, alright. You declare anyone who opposes abortion to be a "fanatic". I guess this means anyone who supports abortion if a fair-minded, thoughtful person.

Great.

What amazes me is that the left has so jacked up our value system in America that we HAVE DEBATES about abortion.

An elective abortion is a gruesome -- both morally and physically -- act. A child can figure out that it's wrong. It takes adult feminists to make it "debatable."

Imagine a debate over slavery.

A debate over letting women vote.

To some, even having a "debate" over these issues would be absurd.

But we live in America.

"It's my body, and I choose to use it to enslave black Africans. It's my personal choice. You just don't understand because you're not in my situation."

Right.

Imagine that.

I just don't get abortion as a LIBERAL issue. Liberals, great champions of the powerless, the voiceless, the weak. And yet with an unborn child, they say, whip out the knives and cut that fucker in four chunks and stuff it in a medical waste bag. And then declare your act of murder to be "liberation."

THAT is sick.

And listen to all these assholes try to retroactively justify their murderousness through political means. I love it. The left essentially allows people to justify their wickedness with trite mental exercises and ridiculous rhetoric.

It's like when the right glosses over civilian killings in wartime... "Well, it's my country, right or wrong." "Well, I love America." "Aren't you a patriot? Don't talk about that stuff!"

Duh.

It sounds just as stupid to me. We're talking about innocents killed. But you don't even want us to mention it. Don't want to look at the pictures. No acknowledgment of what actually took place.

That's Orwell's nightmare.

Last edited:
Abortion

The latest poll has 51% of people classifying themselves as pro-life, and 44% classifying themselves as pro-choice.

and your point? you think anyone really wants to stop a multi million dollar business?

Since you asked.
For the last 8 years the numbers have been different, in other words, the majority was on the pro-choice side.
All of the sudden those numbers changed, as soon as we got a pro-choice president, the pendulum swung.
Perhaps the staunchly pro-life stance of the previous administration scared people into thinking he might try and over turn Roe V Wade, thus people moved to the other side of the issue.
Now we a president that is staunchly pro-choice, and maybe people are just as scared of his extreme view of the matter and are reacting by moving to the other side of the issue again.

Abortion

and your point? you think anyone really wants to stop a multi million dollar business?

Since you asked.
For the last 8 years the numbers have been different, in other words, the majority was on the pro-choice side.
All of the sudden those numbers changed, as soon as we got a pro-choice president, the pendulum swung.
Perhaps the staunchly pro-life stance of the previous administration scared people into thinking he might try and over turn Roe V Wade, thus people moved to the other side of the issue.
Now we a president that is staunchly pro-choice, and maybe people are just as scared of his extreme view of the matter and are reacting by moving to the other side of the issue again.

That's actually a very strange event. You may have hit on something there.

tsk tsk tsk,, I can tell by this conversation it's going to be quite a while before we reach the obamalama's lofty goal of "finding common ground."

Does anyone ever think about how selfish it is to destroy something that someone else is working so hard to get. There is no shortage of people waiting for adoption.

Abortion is no different than when the government decided another group weren't really people and therefore couldn't vote, i.e. the blacks.

A baby is not a part of a woman's body and she has no jurisdiction over it.

there is no shortage of kids needing adopted in the us....are women really to be baby factories for those who cant have kids..everyone seems to want the perfect white male infant.....so you case that abortion needs to be outlawed so people can adopt is bullshit....if you would like to adopt a child ..i will be glad to find you a child in need of a home...

Calling abortion opponents "jerks" is a sure way to demonstrate your open-mindedness, alright. You declare anyone who opposes abortion to be a "fanatic".

Actually, I oppose abortion after the first trimester. That comment was specific to Allie. Feel free not to wear it unless it fits.

I guess this means anyone who supports abortion if a fair-minded, thoughtful person.

Absolutely not. Some of the people who support any abortion at any point in time, for any reason, are absolute wingnuts.

The rest was just a non-applicable rant, so I felt free not to respond to it.

Good for the 51%. Hopefully that means less abortions this year, which hopefully means less pregnant single mothers.

Other than that - this poll is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if the number is at 98% - the 2% deserve the right to choose.

Unless they are Arabs in Palestine right?

Good for the 51%. Hopefully that means less abortions this year, which hopefully means less pregnant single mothers.

Other than that - this poll is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if the number is at 98% - the 2% deserve the right to choose.

Unless they are Arabs in Palestine right?

Arabs in Israel, you mean. Palestine doesn't exist.

And no, they should all just be sterilized.

Way to cherry pick from teh gallop poll when a lot of others performed in the last month show different results. Abortion The pro-life side has seen a slight increase, but when they drill down and ask more specific questions a resounding 77% say they support abortion in some circumstances. Me thinks those 51% are bullshitting themselves. I'm sorry but allowing an exception for rape, incest or the health of the mother does not make you pro-life. It makes you a hypocrite.

There is no shortage of people waiting for adoption.
So go out and adopt one.

I phrased that ambiguously by accident. Let me rephrase. There is no shortage of people waiting to adopt children.

My personal opinion on whether I want to adopt a child is not germane to this discussion.

Were YOU adopted Hillbilly? Do you have any idea what it is like to live as an adopted child? Please do not spout off bullshit about being adopted and how wonderful it is until you have actually experienced it.

Forum List

Back