Pro-life at 51%

Good for the 51%. Hopefully that means less abortions this year, which hopefully means less pregnant single mothers.

Other than that - this poll is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if the number is at 98% - the 2% deserve the right to choose.

Unless they are Arabs in Palestine right?

Arabs in Israel, you mean. Palestine doesn't exist.

And no, they should all just be sterilized.

Are you concerned about the fact that it is projected that in 30 years there will be more Arabs in Israel than Jews?

Unless they are Arabs in Palestine right?

Are you concerned about the fact that it is projected that in 30 years there will be more Arabs in Israel than Jews?

Not if I can help it.

gun_bandana.gif

Besides, the birth rate of the Jewish settlements in the West Bank are that of the Arabs in Israel. We are finally getting back at them for doing what they did to us 80 years ago: Illegally populating their land. We have half a million people there now - who are each having around 7 children. Within 20 years from now, the Jewish population of the West Bank could reach up to 3 million people. Within 50 years from now, there could be up to 10 million Jews. All the while, the fertility rate among Arab-Israeli women is steadily decreasing and the illegal Arab immigrants who are living in Gaza and the West Bank have terrible health care and live shorter, less productive lives than Jews do.

By the time I am old enough to be a great grandfather, hopefully the Arabs will have been kicked out of Israeli territory and there will be only Jews and Christians living there.

Way to cherry pick from teh gallop poll when a lot of others performed in the last month show different results. Abortion The pro-life side has seen a slight increase, but when they drill down and ask more specific questions a resounding 77% say they support abortion in some circumstances. Me thinks those 51% are bullshitting themselves. I'm sorry but allowing an exception for rape, incest or the health of the mother does not make you pro-life. It makes you a hypocrite.

Moderates own this issue.

Not if I can help it.

gun_bandana.gif

Besides, the birth rate of the Jewish settlements in the West Bank are that of the Arabs in Israel. We are finally getting back at them for doing what they did to us 80 years ago: Illegally populating their land. We have half a million people there now - who are each having around 7 children. Within 20 years from now, the Jewish population of the West Bank could reach up to 3 million people. Within 50 years from now, there could be up to 10 million Jews. All the while, the fertility rate among Arab-Israeli women is steadily decreasing and the illegal Arab immigrants who are living in Gaza and the West Bank have terrible health care and live shorter, less productive lives than Jews do.

By the time I am old enough to be a great grandfather, hopefully the Arabs will have been kicked out of Israeli territory and there will be only Jews and Christians living there.

I thought Sharon demolished those settlements.

Not if I can help it.

gun_bandana.gif

I thought Sharon demolished those settlements.

Sharon forced the settlements out of Gaza. Which I agree with because it's pretty difficult to lay waste to Gaza with Jews living there.

So go out and adopt one.

I phrased that ambiguously by accident. Let me rephrase. There is no shortage of people waiting to adopt children.

My personal opinion on whether I want to adopt a child is not germane to this discussion.

Were YOU adopted Hillbilly? Do you have any idea what it is like to live as an adopted child? Please do not spout off bullshit about being adopted and how wonderful it is until you have actually experienced it.

Were you adopted? My best friend was adopted. It never bothered him any. It seems your opinion must be that people adopt children just so they can treat them like shit. You need to justify your ridiculous insinuations.

And of those who are pro-choice, a huge chunk of them are pro-choice only in limited circumstances.

I am only pro-choice during the first trimester or very early second trimester. I'd say about 15 weeks is the limit.

Third trimester abortions or partial abortion is outrageous and disgusting.

I'm a first trimester and life of the mother in danger guy.

Making it illegal and returning to back alley coat hanger job days doesn't sound like a good policy to me.

Then I guess it's fortunate that that isn't what's being suggested, and also that coathanger abortions are an urban legend.

you have obviously never seen an abortion performed or even been to planned parenthood.

Yes to both, dear. Hence my harsh opinion.

And proponents of abortion admit there are no good stats.
abortion are much safer than they used to be and you cannot deny that. I have been to planned parenthood and have seen a few abortions, the doctor was very safe and seemed to care quite a bit about the person's well being. You want to believe they are bad so it can make you feel better about your choice.

Sure they are. So is childbirth. And it ain't because of legality. It's because of the widespread use of antibiotics to prevent infection, and an increase in medical technology in general.

That's such a ridiculous and trite statement. Women still die from abortions, abortionists are still freaks of nature who don't give a shit about life (including the life of the mother) and we have no reliable stats to prove that things are any better today than they used to be. Nor do we have anything like stats to prove that if abortion were to become illegal (as murder should be, nobody has a "right" to kill those who inconvenience them...) women would start dying in droves because they just HAVE to get rid of that baby.

From the CDC:
Compared with the early 1970s, the annual number of deaths associated with known legal induced abortion in the first half of this decade has decreased by nearly two thirds (Table 19).

s713a1t19.gif

I notice they didn't say it was because of legality, though. Feel free to look up the CDC's stats on women and babies dying in regular childbirth in the 1970s versus now. Medical technology improves, and we're supposed to attribute the results of those advances to Roe v. Wade? I don't think so.

I phrased that ambiguously by accident. Let me rephrase. There is no shortage of people waiting to adopt children.

My personal opinion on whether I want to adopt a child is not germane to this discussion.

Were YOU adopted Hillbilly? Do you have any idea what it is like to live as an adopted child? Please do not spout off bullshit about being adopted and how wonderful it is until you have actually experienced it.

Were you adopted? My best friend was adopted. It never bothered him any. It seems your opinion must be that people adopt children just so they can treat them like shit. You need to justify your ridiculous insinuations.

Do your research on long-term psychological effects of adopted children. It's not as sunshine and rainbows as you think it is.

I am only pro-choice during the first trimester or very early second trimester. I'd say about 15 weeks is the limit.

Third trimester abortions or partial abortion is outrageous and disgusting.

I'm a first trimester and life of the mother in danger guy.

Making it illegal and returning to back alley coat hanger job days doesn't sound like a good policy to me.

Then I guess it's fortunate that that isn't what's being suggested, and also that coathanger abortions are an urban legend.

I don't recall anything being suggested ... it was an opinion poll and I provided my opinion.

What are you suggesting?

Do your research on long-term psychological effects of adopted children. It's not as sunshine and rainbows as you think it is.

You're right, we should just kill them all instead.

You really are stupid, aren't you?

"I had a friend this, I had a friend that." Overwhelming majority of adopted children suffer severe psychological trauma to the whole process. Abandonment, depression, self esteem... many are loners. Again, do your research.

"I had a friend this, I had a friend that." Overwhelming majority of adopted children suffer severe psychological trauma to the whole process. Abandonment, depression, self esteem... many are loners. Again, do your research.

I'm the teacher, you're the dumass, I'll make the assignments. Find proof that the overwhelming majority of adopted children suffer severe psychological trauma to support your claim. Then find a compelling argument why these people should all be murdered by rote.

I'm the teacher, you're the dumass, I'll make the assignments. Find proof that the overwhelming majority of adopted children suffer severe psychological trauma to support your claim. Then find a compelling argument why these people should all be murdered by rote.

Who said they should he murdered? I sure didn't. When you kill bacteria in your body, do you murder it?

Who said they should he murdered? I sure didn't. When you kill bacteria in your body, do you murder it?

When you kill a child, did you murder it? Obviously. A child is not a bacteria. Are you also a Holocaust denier?

When you kill a child, did you murder it? Obviously. A child is not a bacteria. Are you also a Holocaust denier?

An unborn human being is not a child. It is an unborn organism and actually, at some stages of pregnancy, bacteria is more complex than an unborn human being.

An unborn human being is not a child. It is an unborn organism and actually, at some stages of pregnancy, bacteria is more complex than an unborn human being.

Then why abort it?

Forum List

Back