Pro-life at 51%

Jillian is most definately an intelligent woman with a mind of her own. Rare these days in a society that has gone mad with political hypocracy by denouncing Muslims for controlling women yet want to control the reproductive capabilities of Christian women.

BRAVO jillian BRAVO !!

So people who are not for no holds barred abortion rights are discriminating against christian women?

And wtf do the savage practices of muslims have to do with abortion laws in the usa?

And of those who are pro-choice, a huge chunk of them are pro-choice only in limited circumstances.

I am only pro-choice during the first trimester or very early second trimester. I'd say about 15 weeks is the limit.

Third trimester abortions or partial abortion is outrageous and disgusting.

Third trimester abortions are rare and occur when a woman and her DOCTOR decide there's no other choice.

It's one of those fabricated issues that the religious right loves to rely on because of the visceral response to it.... it's mostly a non-issue.

Amniocentesis is usually performed sometime between the 15th and 18th week of a pregnancy...

so thanks for your "limit", but no thanks....

that is just one of the reasons why you need to get out of the way and leave the decision between a woman (and her significant other if she chooses), her doctor and her G-d...

you know, like it is now....

regardless of the religious right's propaganda.

Agree totally...

Just would like to add a bit of an acidic statement...

I am a woman and I take it as a personal offense and an insult that anyone should suggest that I don't have TOTAL and singular control over my body. And to all those that suggest that they have a say in my bodily functions I say - FUCK YOU!

:eusa_angel:

jillian.......BRAVO !!!!!

geez Jillian you're so PC you won't even spell G O D.

It is not PC to write "G-d." It is a Jewish tradition and custom to never spell out the full word. I switch back and forth between putting the - and putting an o. Sometimes I lowercase the g. It's not His name, we're not allowed to say or spell his name - but it's what defines Him. We are human. He is, well... G-d.

So people who are not for no holds barred abortion rights are discriminating against christian women?

And wtf do the savage practices of muslims have to do with abortion laws in the usa?

Put on your thinking cap my child and study what I posted. Try to analyze it in detail. Perhaps you will understand the comments. People like yourself are against any form of abortion you want everyone to do as you do, to believe as you believe. I have never stated that I am pro-abortion or anti-abortion. What I have always claimed to be is PRO-CHOICE which equates to FREE CHOICE.

If you want to live in a thocratic state than I suggest you move to the middle-east. Perhaps than you will be happy - women are treated as mere chatels, abortionists are stoned to death in public. homos are executed in public; an excellent atmosphere for religious fanatics.

I am only pro-choice during the first trimester or very early second trimester. I'd say about 15 weeks is the limit.

Third trimester abortions or partial abortion is outrageous and disgusting.

Third trimester abortions are rare and occur when a woman and her DOCTOR decide there's no other choice.

It's one of those fabricated issues that the religious right loves to rely on because of the visceral response to it.... it's mostly a non-issue.

Amniocentesis is usually performed sometime between the 15th and 18th week of a pregnancy...

so thanks for your "limit", but no thanks....

that is just one of the reasons why you need to get out of the way and leave the decision between a woman (and her significant other if she chooses), her doctor and her G-d...

you know, like it is now....

regardless of the religious right's propaganda.

Agree totally...

Just would like to add a bit of an acidic statement...

I am a woman and I take it as a personal offense and an insult that anyone should suggest that I don't have TOTAL and singular control over my body. And to all those that suggest that they have a say in my bodily functions I say - FUCK YOU!

:eusa_angel:

If it were only your body and your life.. I would agree with you... but the simple fact is that there is another body and life involved... and I only wish that that little life had the ability to tell you "FUCK YOU"

Who said they should he murdered? I sure didn't. When you kill bacteria in your body, do you murder it?

An unborn human being is not a child. It is an unborn organism and actually, at some stages of pregnancy, bacteria is more complex than an unborn human being.

The difference is a bacteria will only ever be a bacteria.... the fetus/child will go beyond X number of cells and become a living, breathing, child.. it is a human life, just at an early stage of development

The difference is a bacteria will only ever be a bacteria.... the fetus/child will go beyond X number of cells and become a living, breathing, child.. it is a human life, just at an early stage of development

The problem DD is the issue of whether or not one should have an abortion isn't the issue. The actual issue is WHEN DOES GOVERNMENT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTROL A PERSON'S BODY?

The RvW court was very specific about the balancing of interests. It was a compromise decision that looked at pregnancy from minute one to week 41, acknowledged that life (and govt's interest) in it, exists on a continuum from pre-embryo to born child. Nothing unborn is a citizen with rights, therefore the "rights" of a zygote were not ever at issue. However, the governmental interest in protecting potential life was deemed to increase as the pregnancy progressed. Personally, I'd agree with that assessment.

And your arbitrary detrmination as to when it is a "child" should no more be imposed upon me, then anyone else could ever force you to support terminating a pregnancy.

The problem DD is the issue of whether or not one should have an abortion isn't the issue. The actual issue is WHEN DOES GOVERNMENT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTROL A PERSON'S BODY?

The RvW court was very specific about the balancing of interests. It was a compromise decision that looked at pregnancy from minute one to week 41, acknowledged that life (and govt's interest) in it, exists on a continuum from pre-embryo to born child. Nothing unborn is a citizen with rights, therefore the "rights" of a zygote were not ever at issue. However, the governmental interest in protecting potential life was deemed to increase as the pregnancy progressed. Personally, I'd agree with that assessment.

And your arbitrary detrmination as to when it is a "child" should no more be imposed upon me, then anyone else could ever force you to support terminating a pregnancy.

When did government give you the right to terminate an innocent human life?

You can get into trouble for disturbing the 'habitat' of an endangered species on your property, and thrown in jail for killing one.... but you can merrily end a human life on a whim with an abortion :rolleyes:

Nothing unborn is a citizen... but it is a life... funny how you want a non-citizen terrorist suspect to have rights, but not an innocent unborn in the early stages of development

It is a life, whether you agree it is a 'child'.. it is a life with it's own unique DNA... it is not a part of your body that is comprised of your DNA alone

"government" ISN'T terminating a human life... the INDIVIDUAL choosing to terminate a pregnancy is terminating the pregnancy. No one is forcing her to.

Is anyone FORCING you to HAVE an abortion?

No?

Of course not. Because GOVERNMENT does not tell people what to do with their bodies except under the most limited of circumstances.

you use the word "life" like it has some talismanic meaning. We kill live things ALL the time.... we kill bacteria; we kill animals for food and because people choose to; we kill the "enemy" if there is a war...

so the reliance on the term "life" is silly and not relevant to the discussion.

What is relevant to the discussion is that YOUR religious beliefs dictate that you believe it is a "PROTECTABLE" life from the moment of conception. My religion does not.

Given a choice between my own beliefs and the imposition of yours by way of legislation, thakns... but I'll take mine any day of the week.

Interestingly, I've never met anyone so wise that I thought their judgments should be substituted for my own...

And the anti-govt crowd is the first one to yell that GOVERNMENT should tell me what to do with my uterus.

I'd say that's a overreaching and unconstitutional act by the government.

Luckily, the law says so too.... and hopefully one of the five who might endanger that right by virtue of a false means of constitutional constuction, will be replaced over the next four to eight years.

Have you ever wondered why the abortion issue is only politicized in the U.S., Italy and Ireland?

I have. And the answer is religious zealots.

Keep your religion off of my body.

It is a life, whether you agree it is a 'child'.. it is a life with it's own unique DNA... it is not a part of your body that is comprised of your DNA alone

As a woman, I also have a life, and I resent that you see my life as good for nothing but to incubate a non-sentient being until you decide I should be finished with doing so.

To be clear: I have no problem with safe/sound limits on abortion, and we need to obtain a balance between the life of the child and the life of the mother. A 4-week old fetus's life is NOT equivalent to the mother's life. Furthermore, pregnancy itself is a dangerous process that exposes the mother to significant risk. You don't have the right to force that process on any woman.

Nice try... I did not say the government was terminating a life.. I asked "When did government give you the right to terminate an innocent human life?"

And again... a bacteria will only ever be a bacteria.. a bird will only be a bird.... an unborn human at the early stages of development will become an independent little human child

Again.. it is not about what you do with your uterus... You can stuff it with cottage cheese and paint the inside blue for all I care... this is about protecting an innocent life at the early stages of development

Funny.. YOU brought up religion.. I brought no religion into this whatsoever

Do you think you have to?

Again...the emotionality is irrelevant... so you can say the words "innocent life" while clutching your clothes and wringing your hands til the end of time.

THE ONLY ISSUE IS WHAT ROLE DOES GOVERNMENT PLAY? And WHAT RIGHT DOES GOVERNMENT HAVE TO FORCE ME TO CARRY A CHILD?

As a woman, I also have a life, and I resent that you see my life as good for nothing but to incubate a non-sentient being until you decide I should be finished with doing so.

To be clear: I have no problem with safe/sound limits on abortion, and we need to obtain a balance between the life of the child and the life of the mother. A 4-week old fetus's life is NOT equivalent to the mother's life. Furthermore, pregnancy itself is a dangerous process that exposes the mother to significant risk. You don't have the right to force that process on any woman.

Evacuation for your living environment is a more dangerous process with more risk...

I have a life, you have a life.. but because your life is separate from mine, you do not have a right to terminate mine (or any other innocent human life) on a whim

No innocent human life is any more valuable than any other.. no matter if you're a genius, or barely functioning on your own, or even if you cannot take care of yourself...

And nobody FORCED the pregnancy process on you... you willingly subjected yourself to that process the minute you decided to become a sperm receptacle.. consequences to actions

Do you think you have to?

Again...the emotionality is irrelevant... so you can say the words "innocent life" while clutching your clothes and wringing your hands til the end of time.

THE ONLY ISSUE IS WHAT ROLE DOES GOVERNMENT PLAY? And WHAT RIGHT DOES GOVERNMENT HAVE TO FORCE ME TO CARRY A CHILD?

Again.. what right does government give you to terminate a human life?

Allbiz,

My son, are you too PC to call a "spade-a-spade" ?

Absolutely not. Please note what I said.

I don't generally need to use the word "liar". /
Emphasis on the word GENERALLY.

I prefer to allow the web to be spun first, and THEN trap. You have a problem with permitting the question to be answered?

Oh, and the last time I looked, I wasn't endowed with the equipment to be anyone's son, let alone yours....

And nobody FORCED the pregnancy process on you... you willingly subjected yourself to that process the minute you decided to become a sperm receptacle.. consequences to actions

Cool. I vote that all women start boycotting that process to give men like you a taste of the medicine you are demanding.

How quaint to listen and read comments from the religious-right wing of the GOP. You are the same people who would refuse to give a single mother welfare cheques, you are the same people who will refuse people health care because they dont have insurance. You make me sick to my stomach. Abortion is legal and will remain so....none of the right-wing "gods" even attempted to make it illegal. Reagan, Bush-the-elder, Bush-junior...the list is endless.

Cool. I vote that all women start boycotting that process to give men like you a taste of the medicine you are demanding.

Fine... it does take 2... you can call for any boycott you want for sex or whatever else

But if you subject yourself to the process, you inherently accept the risks of your actions and you got to live with the consequences for your actions...

Forum List

Back