Private Mail and Package Services - The end of the USPS ?

Are you satisfied with the USPS delivery times and pricing?

• Yes

• No

• Hell no!

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, the regular mail has a similar priority. USPS has become a better business model. My job is not seasonal, although you are correct, they hire you initially as non career.

I think once you get in there and learn the "real ropes", you're going to see things aren't what they're advertised or supposed to be.

You'll see that the long time employees basically crapping on newbies because they have seniority.
They'll make you do the grunt work and take lots of time off......union protected of course.

I think you'll see things different a few months from now. You'll get a paycheck....but no benefits and you'll work hard for that paycheck. Many even leave withing the first 6 months.

I see the USPS doing more package deliveries not less

They are doing the local delivery tasks for the shipping companies that don't want to be bothered

I even see them delivering packages on Sunday's
I hate it because once it is their hands you usually have no idea where it is or for certain when it will be delivered. And they don’t care where they leave it or ring the bell.
i had a package delivered by UPS at 8 at night,it was prescription drugs,it was just left, no bell rung and he could see someone was there....so are they any different?.....

There are gangs of hoodlums in Miami following UPS, Fed-Ex and Post Office trucks around....snatching packages.....many are caught on camera and I'm seeing them in the news more and more.

Easy pickings when packages are left and noone's home.

One time my usps set a pkg on the edge of the porch, because it was too big for the mailbox, in the pouring rain. Needless to say, it got soaked.

Our new fedx driver, about 4 months now, never misses a beat. He always rings the bell. I feel much more secure knowing it has arrived. UPS and USPS never ring the bell. That is how packages end up stolen, even when you are home. With UPS I at least know something is out for delivery, so will check periodically, if home. USPS, only have a general idea when it might arrive, so drives me crazy and hate how they will squish a pkg into the mailbox, when it should be left on the porch.
the fed-x driver on my former route left a computer and monitor at a houses door step on a Friday....the problem was it was a vacant house and it rained all weekend long....it was supposed to go to a house on the next street....it wasnt found out for a week,the neighbor saw it,needless to say the guy who it was supposed to go to was pretty pissed...

I just called the USPS "Customer Service" phone number and absolutely cannot get to a person.
I have a critical Priority Package that is 4 days late now and all they keep doing is posting system generated messages saying it's "IN TRANSIT"....from the hub 20 miles away.....

Is the transit mode someone on foot ?!? I could have walked there in less than 4 days.

They deliberately set up the system so you either answer EXACTLY as they tell you or it cuts you off.

THAT IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE

All you saying how great the USPS is....call them and try to get to a person.
I asked if those saying how wonderful the USPS is are current or former employees.....

I think the assumption is that most who are accolading the USPS probably are.
why dont you try going to your local Office and bitch to the station manager.....and the PO makes mistakes,but so do UPS and Fed-X....more than what you people on the outside looking in realize...all of them say how great they are compared to the "other" guys....postal,ups and fedx delivery people all know that we all fuck up,all our routes intersect and people who have been on the sames routes for a while will usually get to know each other and will stop and chat and compare notes when we bump into each other........

why dont you try going to your local Office and bitch to the station manager.....and the PO makes mistakes,but so do UPS and Fed-X....more than what you people on the outside looking in realize...all of them say how great they are compared to the "other" guys....postal,ups and fedx delivery people all know that we all fuck up,all our routes intersect and people who have been on the sames routes for a while will usually get to know each other and will stop and chat and compare notes when we bump into each other........

Did that.....is probably why my mail is always late :mad-61:
Everybody DOES know each other in the USPS

No, the regular mail has a similar priority. USPS has become a better business model. My job is not seasonal, although you are correct, they hire you initially as non career.

I think once you get in there and learn the "real ropes", you're going to see things aren't what they're advertised or supposed to be.

You'll see that the long time employees basically crapping on newbies because they have seniority.
They'll make you do the grunt work and take lots of time off......union protected of course.

I think you'll see things different a few months from now. You'll get a paycheck....but no benefits and you'll work hard for that paycheck. Many even leave withing the first 6 months.
so how long have you or did you work in the PO?...

There is something seriously wrong with the Postal Service in South Florida.

Especially the OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. All packages are getting delayed through there for up to a week.

There are gangs of hoodlums in Miami following UPS, Fed-Ex and Post Office trucks around....snatching packages.....many are caught on camera and I'm seeing them in the news more and more.

that is happening everywhere....

• What is CitizenShipp's recourse process?
  • How is express delivery handled?
  • What is the delivery confirmation process, i.e., their offering that competes with signature-required, registered and certified delivery?
BasicHumanUnit, have you no substantive answers to my questions? You're the one who created this thread and advocated for CitizenShip. Surely you know enough about it and its processes, policies and procedures to directly and comprehensively answer those questions? At the very least, you should be able to point me to where they are specifically answered on CitizenShip's website....

Did that.....is probably why my mail is always late :mad-61:
Everybody DOES know each other in the USPS
no we dont.....not like you are saying....

I guess it's just a final slap in the face when they so obviously set up their "Customer Support" system in such a way that is CLEARLY designed to keep you off their backs even at the call centers.

Make no mistake....they DO NOT want to hear from you.......PERIOD.

So if your Priority Package is 4 days late......just keep waiting.

BasicHumanUnit, have you no substantive answers to my questions? You're the one who created this thread and advocated for CitizenShip. Surely you know enough about it and its processes, policies and procedures to directly and comprehensively answer those questions? At the very least, you should be able to point me to where they are specifically answered on CitizenShip's website....

lmao

:dig:

popcorn_yes-gif.156401

And yet the shipper and recipient each have clear, well understood and actionable avenues of recourse when that happens. I've asked you three questions, one of which is what is the resource process when using CitizenShip, and you not only have no answer to the question, you think it a funny question.

Okay...I see now that I must infer that you are advocating CitizenShip yet you don't know enough about it to provide solid information to individuals who want to learn more about it. Whatever.....at least now I know.

I agree. Hate UPS for that reason, as I stated.
I see the USPS doing more package deliveries not less

They are doing the local delivery tasks for the shipping companies that don't want to be bothered

I even see them delivering packages on Sunday's
I hate it because once it is their hands you usually have no idea where it is or for certain when it will be delivered. And they don’t care where they leave it or ring the bell.
i had a package delivered by UPS at 8 at night,it was prescription drugs,it was just left, no bell rung and he could see someone was there....so are they any different?.....

Forum List

Back