Printer doesn't print on 4 X 6 Photo paper from tray

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
We got a new printer because the old one stopped working.

They gave us five free sheets of printer paper that uses a separate tray. It was working fine until I adjusted some of the settings. I looked online for help and the help wasn't much better.

Our printer takes 8 X 10 inch paper and there is a separate tray for 4 x 6 Photo paper.

When you go into the settings, both settings have to be correct. The printer knows somehow if you are printing a document or a picture but when I messed with the settings, it wasn't printing at all.

When you go into the settings of a printer that has both a tray for photos and a tray for paper, both settings have to be correct. You can't have one correct and expect the printer to print right.

When I went to print photographs, the pictures started printing on paper.

Here is what you do. Go to properties in the printer settings.

You want your paper to be 8 x 10 inches and the Photo paper to be 4 x 6 or 5 x 7.

That is all. The forums for the Printer company cannot figure this out.
I did that and it worked. No paying fees for immediate help. This is all you need for the newer printers out there.

The problem we had today was someone tried to print a coupon from the internet and because it was a picture, it went to the photo tray instead of regular size paper and now we can't reprint the coupon.

Isn't new technology lovely?

I have an HP Photosmart 8150, old model. It was bought to print out photo snapshots. I can't speak for your printer, but mine has a button on the tray that must be pushed in if the picture is to print on a 4 X 6 photo paper. Otherwise, it will print out on the 8.5 X 11 paper. It sounds like you have a mechanical issue vs. a software or electronic problem. Find the button for the 4 X 6 photo tray and push it in. It should work.

Forum List

Back