"Pride" Fest

How many gay pride parades have you been to? Lots of cities have gay pride parades/festivals.....more every year.
I lived in the San Francisco bay area for decades and gay pride parades were televised by local cable stations covering
it all like a queer Rose Parade on New Year's day. I've likely seen as much as you have, if not more.

But of course. To bring the subject around full circle however I'm not sure how much a city like Pittsburgh likes the notion of a pride parade.
How many queer Steeler fans or gay iron workers will march in such a parade?
More than I think? Less? Who knows but I suspect less.

The people in the City of Pittsburgh are quite supportive of the event. In fact, this was largest pride festival in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I am betting most of the people marching are also fans of the Steelers, Pirates, and, Pens. Being an avid sports fan is a big part of the fabric of the city and all three mascots were attendance. I can't speak to iron workers, queer or otherwise, cause we are not exactly a city filled with them anymore. The steel and iron industry have been largely replaced by Meds and Eds.

How many gay pride parades have you been to? Lots of cities have gay pride parades/festivals.....more every year.
I lived in the San Francisco bay area for decades and gay pride parades were televised by local cable stations covering
it all like a queer Rose Parade on New Year's day. I've likely seen as much as you have, if not more.
Just one then? Not Long Beach? Not Palm Springs? Not San Diego? Not Rochester? Not NYC? Not San Jose?

Just one then? Not Long Beach? Not Palm Springs? Not San Diego? Not Rochester? Not NYC? Not San Jose?
Yeah...I saw just the one, year after year. Is Palm Springs significantly different than the gay parade in San Francisco? Are you checking on attendance?

Pride in what? Sexual deviancy and/or mental illness? The other day the local news featured five different stories on LGBT issues in a half hour regular segment. It thought the weather was going to be Gay also, but I was spared that.

The people in the City of Pittsburgh are quite supportive of the event. In fact, this was largest pride festival in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I am betting most of the people marching are also fans of the Steelers, Pirates, and, Pens. Being an avid sports fan is a big part of the fabric of the city and all three mascots were attendance. I can't speak to iron workers, queer or otherwise, cause we are not exactly a city filled with them anymore. The steel and iron industry have been largely replaced by Meds and Eds.
Okay. Jolly good for Pittsburgh. (little fact-zoid...my father worked there year's ago helping to construct Three Rivers stadium. He was a real fan of the city).

Last edited:
Haha... I love how they tied together the Toni Braxton crowd with those that were at the pride thing. Yes the Braxton concert was "part" of the events... but something tells me the crowd would have been substantially smaller without a headliner concert getting counted as "pride participants".

Haha... I love how they tied together the Toni Braxton crowd with those that were at the pride thing. Yes the Braxton concert was "part" of the events... but something tells me the crowd would have been substantially smaller without a headliner concert getting counted as "pride participants".

Gawd, what a tool.

Gawd, what a tool.
Toni Braxton?... I had to look her up to know who it was.

PITTSBURGH PRIDE: Tens of thousands celebrate at Pittsburgh Pride, largest turnout in city history

So this is "pride" month (or week, or day, or nanosecond, regardless), and all of the "woke" universe is simply thrilled to participate and observe the festivities.

On a very basic level, I'm not sure I get the "pride" aspect of these events. The participants are "proud" of being sexual deviants? I'm reminded of the old slogan, "I'm Black and I'm PROUD!" How can you be "proud" of something over which you [claim you] have no control? I would buy, "not ashamed" or "well adjusted" but "proud"? Nah. Makes no sense.

It appears to me that the message has been massaged to be more palatable to a broader audience. The message now seems to be something about "equality." Again, what is that supposed to mean? Who is claiming that sexual deviants aren't "equal," whatever that means? They are certainly not THE SAME as everyone else, although I am not aware of any problems with voting rights, economic discrimination or any of that.

So how can anyone be against "equality"? That's like saying, "I'm with the GOOD!" Who isn't?

I dare say, if these events were staged in the same way as "Gay Pride" parades were a decade ago, they wouldn't have insurance companies and mainstream politicians marching along side of them.

What a world.

Spend a lot of time speculating about what other people do in their bedrooms?

PITTSBURGH PRIDE: Tens of thousands celebrate at Pittsburgh Pride, largest turnout in city history

So this is "pride" month (or week, or day, or nanosecond, regardless), and all of the "woke" universe is simply thrilled to participate and observe the festivities.

On a very basic level, I'm not sure I get the "pride" aspect of these events. The participants are "proud" of being sexual deviants? I'm reminded of the old slogan, "I'm Black and I'm PROUD!" How can you be "proud" of something over which you [claim you] have no control? I would buy, "not ashamed" or "well adjusted" but "proud"? Nah. Makes no sense.

It appears to me that the message has been massaged to be more palatable to a broader audience. The message now seems to be something about "equality." Again, what is that supposed to mean? Who is claiming that sexual deviants aren't "equal," whatever that means? They are certainly not THE SAME as everyone else, although I am not aware of any problems with voting rights, economic discrimination or any of that.

So how can anyone be against "equality"? That's like saying, "I'm with the GOOD!" Who isn't?

I dare say, if these events were staged in the same way as "Gay Pride" parades were a decade ago, they wouldn't have insurance companies and mainstream politicians marching along side of them.

What a world.

You all need new material. How about keep it in the bedroom...away from children and people that don't want to see or hear about it.

Seriously it's nothing to have "pride" about

Parades are fun. Marching around in the sun is fun. Cheering the parade is fun. Bright colors are fun. Floats and music are fun.

Where it crosses the line is when it gets obscene, grotesque and nasty. Then it's just thumbing people in the eye to make a point and it's not cool.

Last edited:

What a world.
Fuck you you bigoted piece of shit.

They can't get married everywhere, they can't be themselves in school, they have to put up withb assholes like you, they don't have anti-discrimination protections.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you.

What a world.

You all need new material. How about keep it in the bedroom...away from children and people that don't want to see or hear about it.

Seriously it's nothing to have "pride" about

It has to do with you being a bigoted piece of shit.

Parades are fun. Marching around in the sun is fun. Cheering the parade is fun. Bright colors are fun. Floats and music are fun.

Where it crosses the line is when it gets obscene, grotesque and nasty. Then it's just thumbing people in the eye to make a point and it's not cool.

Well that is it isn't it?
I have seem many a photo of "pride parades" where participants wear extremely revealing outfits, where they are basically naked with tiny cover-ups...participate in lewd behavior in public, but get away with it because they last thing anyone wants to do is upset one of the protected classes.
If a pride parade was people wearing bright clothes and having fun/music etc. - more power to them.
But involving very young children, marching along side guys with nothing but plastic peppers covering their small cocks... that is nothing else than obscene.

Yeah...I saw just the one, year after year. Is Palm Springs significantly different than the gay parade in San Francisco? Are you checking on attendance?
Each one I've been to has its own tone. When I went to Palm Springs, they were led by a horseback contingent of scouts holding state flags. Long Beach has a lot of church groups in their parade. San Diego has a lot military. And so on.

What a world.

This I've noticed also....is it a straight thing? I wonder...because when I see straight couples on the street, my thoughts do not go to imagining what they do in the bedroom.....ever.

I have seem many a photo of "pride parades" where participants wear extremely revealing outfits, where they are basically naked with tiny cover-ups...participate in lewd behavior in public, but get away with it because they last thing anyone wants to do is upset one of the protected classes.
If a pride parade was people wearing bright clothes and having fun/music etc. - more power to them.
But involving very young children, marching along side guys with nothing but plastic peppers covering their small cocks... that is nothing else than obscene.
Yep. It's essentially live action trolling.

Have fun, be proud, whatever, but you don't NEED to be obscene. That's just done to annoy.

I've seen the same at the beach...at Mardi Gras...at Carnival.

I've seen the same at the beach...at Mardi Gras...at Carnival.
...and?
Were they in a public march in the middle of the day with children everywhere? And participating?
Or do you mean the tits for beads along bourbon street late at night when no kids are around?
As Mac states...they are indeed trolling. Doing it just to annoy people who they want to label sexist, but in reality don't want to see skinny naked guys with nothing but socks/plastic toys etc covering their dicks.
Sorry...been to a lot of public events and have never seen that before.

Forum List

Back