Press 1 for an outhouse...

Those German and Swedish immigrants took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer to assimilate than today's Latino immigrants. Where was Operation Sausage/Meatball when we needed it?

Those German and Swedish immigrants took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer to assimilate than today's Latino immigrants. Where was Operation Sausage/Meatball when we needed it?

FALSE! They couldn't have taken longer than never. Unkotare needs to take a course in logic. (if you don't consider him a lost cause) :lol:

Unkotare needs to take a course in logic.

I believe I've told you before, dimwit, that I've taken many courses in logic. I've taught courses in logic. You need to find a new direction for your impotent rage.

Perhaps I misspoke.....Mycontention was to make the point that the language in our Country is English, and I shouldn't have to learn another language to communicate in my own homeland....In that respect your response to my post was correct.......gary

Perhaps I misspoke.....Mycontention was to make the point that the language in our Country is English, and I shouldn't have to learn another language to communicate in my own homeland....In that respect your response to my post was correct.......gary

Many schools require learning a foreign language as part of the curriculum - have done for years. English is typically taught as a "second" language to accommodate the needs of immigrant students who are required to take a foreign language course. Since they already know one language, they can pick English as the second. Nothing wrong with that :)

I shouldn't have to learn another language to communicate in my own homeland....

And you don't. You shouldn't be scared of things you don't know either. You should understand your own country better, though.

The one thing that I am not is scared of the unknown. Don't mistake fear for concern. I'm definately concerned with the direction this Country is moving in, but under no certain terms am I scared!

The one thing that I am not is scared of the unknown. Don't mistake fear for concern. I'm definately concerned with the direction this Country is moving in, but under no certain terms am I scared!

In what direction do you imagine it to be headed?

It's a sad state of affairs when in some areas of this Country, English is taught as a second language!

Why is it "sad" that people who grew up speaking another language want to learn English?

There's two things sad here.

1) That there are parts of our country that have substantial populations of children who don't speak the language, because their illegal immigrant parents don't speak the language and have no interest in learning the language of the land they've invaded.

2) That you knew what he was getting at in the first place, and chose to dumb down your interpretation hoping to gain political expediency.

It's a sad state of affairs when in some areas of this Country, English is taught as a second language!

Why is it "sad" that people who grew up speaking another language want to learn English?

1) That there are parts of our country that have substantial populations of children who don't speak the language, because their illegal immigrant parents don't speak the language .

It doesn't really work that way.

Following that same line of thought: We once had open borders and you could buy a Thompson submachine gun in a catalogue legally without scrutiny, At that same time we didn’t have 12 million illegal aliens and mass school shootings or terrorist attacks ,either. So? Times change...THAT is hisrtory, kids.

Last edited:

1) That there are parts of our country that have substantial populations of children who don't speak the language, because their illegal immigrant parents don't speak the language .

Why? Because you don't want it to?

Because I know how it works.

Because kids learn the language, usually pretty quickly, once they start school unless they are condemned to some asinine liberal school that doesn't make English the main form of communication there. The home environment certainly affects their pace of acquisition, but the parents not speaking English doesn't prevent the children from doing so.

Because kids learn the language, usually pretty quickly, once they start school unless they are condemned to some asinine liberal school that doesn't make English the main form of communication there. The home environment certainly affects their pace of acquisition, but the parents not speaking English doesn't prevent the children from doing so.

That has nothing to do with my point in the first place.

That has nothing to do with my point in the first place.

Then clarify your point, if you have one.

Forum List

Back