President's approval rating hits 60%

Yay. Great for our country. Let's re-float an absolute disaster just because the other side can't compete.

Meaning: The Dem's could oust this total fuck-up on their own.

But they won't. Too busy being about winning by hook or crook or give a damn about right and/or wrong.

See, the thing is, most reasonable people don't see the President as an "absolute disaster". Now a Republican in office with our current economy...THAT would be a disaster.

Most reasonable people DO see him as an absolute disaster. They're too busy trying to find non-existent jobs, rolling pennies and hocking what they used to have BEFORE your absolute disaster to argue with fuckwits like you.

No they don't, but you can keep believing that since it seems to make you feel better.

So it was dropping back down to where it was before OBL earlier this week and now its up to 60%. Polls really are fickle.

The sampling method was manipulated to create a much bigger bounce than what would have occurred with a proper sample:

But then you get to the party ID: 46 percent identify as Democrat or leaning Democrat, 29 percent identify as Republican or leaning Republican, 4 percent identify as purely independent leaning towards neither party, and 20 percent answered, “I don’t know.”

For contrast, the AP’s immediate preceding poll was 45 percent Democrat, 33 percent Republican; the likely-voter pool in October 2010 was 43 percent Democrat, 48 percent Republican. The poll’s total sample in October 2010 split 43 percent Democrat, 40 percent Republican.

With a poll sample that has a 17-percentage-point margin in favor of the Democrats, is anyone surprised that these results look like a David Axelrod dream?

(Interestingly, George W. Bush is at 50 percent approval, 49 percent disapproval, even in this sample wildly weighted in favor of the Democrats.)

UPDATE: Notice that in Gallup’s polling, party ID remains pretty stable. In roughly 40 polls since mid-2009, Democrats and Republicans have both ranged in the 40s with leaners. During that time, the split has never been larger than 7 percentage points. Their most recent split, from late April, is 31 percent Republican, 36 percent Independent, and 32 percent Democrat; with leaners, it’s a 46-46 split. Of course, the OBL kill could have prompted more Americans to self-identify as Democrats. Some pollsters are okay with dramatic shifts in their party ID from poll to poll; they see respondents’ party self-identification as flexible, even fickle, changing from week to week and month to month. I am a skeptic of this notion, and before buying into dramatic changes in the party identification of the voting public, prefer to see the phenomenon confirmed through changes in behavior – i.e., voters changing their party registration.

Latest AP Poll Sample Skews to Democrats by 17 Points - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

As several writers have pointed out (see Jim Geraghty here and Ed Morrissey here), the party ID breakdown is 46 percent Democrat, 29 percent Republican, and 4 percent independent—a 17-point gap for Democrats. That is more than double the percent margin Obama won by in 2008, when Obama was truly popular. This 17-point gap also comes in the aftermath of the 2010 election when Gallup found that party ID was nearly even between Democrats and Republicans. Or, in short, this poll is a complete joke.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Idiots.

Shows how fucking stupid the modern Democrat is... $14,000,000,000,000 debt, crashing dollar, $5 gas, Obamacare, 35,000,000+ unemployed.. and they approve.

Good news for Dems, However as the UBL bump wears off and the Economy continues it's pathetic Growth, The Numbers will drop again. I also think if Obama continues to run around playing the Hero trying to gain politically from Killing UBL and claim more credit than he deserves. It will become a negative for him. He just can't be classy and let it go, he has to go on a "I killed Osama" tour. Not smart.

Shows how fucking stupid the modern Democrat is... $14,000,000,000,000 debt, crashing dollar, $5 gas, Obamacare, 35,000,000+ unemployed.. and they approve.

Jillian and her ilk like this shit. There's no accounting for taste.

Good news for Dems, However as the UBL bump wears off and the Economy continues it's pathetic Growth, The Numbers will drop again. I also think if Obama continues to run around playing the Hero trying to gain politically from Killing UBL and claim more credit than he deserves. It will become a negative for him. He just can't be classy and let it go, he has to go on a "I killed Osama" tour. Not smart.

But like a classic Statist that is Obama? Spend all your political capital...then TRY TO RAISE YOUR OWN DEBT CEILING...

I wonder what he'll try to pull next? Seems insulting the people at the Border yesterday was a non-starter...

Politics, the only job one can have where satisfying only 60% of your employers won't get you fired.

The AP sample contains twice as many Democrats as Republicans (35% Democrat vs. 18% Republican). While party identification is, itself, a variable to be determined by polling, the normal sample usually contains an approximately equal number of Democrats and Republicans. Lately, Republicans have actually been slightly in the plurality in most statistically valid samples.

This AP poll — with its 2:1 Democratic edge — is utter hogwash.

The AP sample contains twice as many Democrats as Republicans (35% Democrat vs. 18% Republican). While party identification is, itself, a variable to be determined by polling, the normal sample usually contains an approximately equal number of Democrats and Republicans. Lately, Republicans have actually been slightly in the plurality in most statistically valid samples.

This AP poll — with its 2:1 Democratic edge — is utter hogwash.

"Fair and balanced" Totally objective... ;)

I wonder if anyone else noticed that they Polled twice as many Democrats as Republicans in this poll.

According to the AP 38% Democrat to only 18% Republican. A change from their last poll which Sampled 32% Democrat to 25% Republicans. But don't worry the AP claims that is not a significant change in the Demographics of their Sample. If you 14% swing toward Democrats is a significant change to the Demographics of your poll. Then You are an idiot. Clearly explains why this one Poll has Obama so much Higher than the rest.

LOL

Most other polls have Obama gaining about 5 Points and sitting at about 50/50 Approval. I suspect they are a tad more accurate than this clearly Skewed AP poll. I wonder if Obama and his pals in the Media are dumb Enough to think that Skewed Poll results will Translate into votes. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back