President's approval rating hits 60%

Has anyone asked about the breakdown....how many republicans were polled, how many democrats?

35-D
18-R

yes, I saw it this morning, , as soon as I looked at real clear, I knew that this like the cbs and wapo polls, was garbage.

behold-

RCP Average 5/2 - 5/10 -- 51.8 42.3 +9.5
Gallup 5/8 - 5/10 1500 A 51 40 +11
Rasmussen Reports 5/7 - 5/10 1500 LV 48 52 -4
Reuters/Ipsos 5/5 - 5/9 1029 A 49 47 +2
Associated Press/GfK 5/5 - 5/9 1001 A 60 39 +21
Pew Research 5/5 - 5/8 1003 A 50 39 +11
NBC News 5/5 - 5/7 800 A 52 41 +11
Quinnipiac 5/2 - 5/3 834 RV 52 40 +12
Newsweek/Daily Beast 5/2 - 5/3 600 A 48 49 -1
CBS News/NY Times* 5/2 - 5/3 532 A 57 37 +20
CNN/Opinion Research 5/2 - 5/2 700 A 52 43 +9
SurveyUSA 5/2 - 5/2 1000 A 46 42 +4
Wash Post/Pew/SRBI 5/2 - 5/2 654 A 56 38 +18

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

so now, how are the outliers? NEWS orgs,,,,I have only made this point like 20 times in 10 months...

We have yet to see who he will be running against. It seems Trump has disappeared and I heard that Romney has his problems. Newt is...well Newt... Palin has filled her coffers with cash and is retreating and, lastly, Bachmann is nuts. So, it is hard to say Obama will have a hard time being re-elected until we have an idea who he is going against.

Yes, it is early but Obama has taken a huge weapon off the table for the GOP. National Security is no longer his weakness. The economy is sluggish, but improving. Gas prices are predicted to fall 50 cents into the summer. It is all in the cards you are dealt.

It looks good for the Obaminator right now because the same bunch of loons that elected this lemon in the first place are the same ones giving him props now over the Bin Laudin thing. But when that bubble bursts, and people come down from the pseudo high they'll find that housing is still in the tank, inflation is bearing down on us and the economy still sucks a big one. The people that voted for Obama seem to me to be very naive and easily fooled so the numbers will soar for a while on the strength of the rock star idolizing mentality that got this lemon elected in the first place. Shame of it is these people not only seem to thrive when the wool is pulled tight over their eyes , they don't learn the lessons of the past, even the RECENT past, too easily.
Obama got Bin Laudin, yeah, sure he did. But he had to stand on Bush's shoulders to do it. Bush laid the ground work, put the players in place and rejuvinated a stumbling CIA that was hamstrung after Vietnam. Obama just steped in a took the credit.
Though to his credit he did acknowledge that in his speech.

We have yet to see who he will be running against. It seems Trump has disappeared and I heard that Romney has his problems. Newt is...well Newt... Palin has filled her coffers with cash and is retreating and, lastly, Bachmann is nuts. So, it is hard to say Obama will have a hard time being re-elected until we have an idea who he is going against.

Yes, it is early but Obama has taken a huge weapon off the table for the GOP. National Security is no longer his weakness. The economy is sluggish, but improving. Gas prices are predicted to fall 50 cents into the summer. It is all in the cards you are dealt.

Obama will have a very difficult time as many that he promised so much have not seen any change for them. Many blacks that I have talked to have left me with the impression that they are very disappointed in him. I agree that they may not vote for a republican but then Obama may not be able to expect them to turn out for him either. The peace nuts have to realize he has increased the size of the wars and they will give him credit for killing bin laden which is not a positive thing to them.

There are many good candidates that may run on a republican ticket. Perhaps the republicans will pick a good strong conservative. God knows the country needs that.

Obama will have a very difficult time as many that he promised so much have not seen any change for them. Many blacks that I have talked to have left me with the impression that they are very disappointed in him. I agree that they may not vote for a republican but then Obama may not be able to expect them to turn out for him either. The peace nuts have to realize he has increased the size of the wars and they will give him credit for killing bin laden which is not a positive thing to them.

There are many good candidates that may run on a republican ticket. Perhaps the republicans will pick a good strong conservative. God knows the country needs that.

And Obama is gonna have a hard time justifying that NPP he got for doing nothing after he was Immacculated...

Let's see if I have this correct....

9% unemployment.
The housing market in the toilet.
Gas prices through the roof.
We have a tremendous debt hanging over our heads.
We have a budget that spends an incredible amount of money we don't have.
The interest on the debt is staggering....
All this and 60% of the American people approve of the job this President is doing?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

This has to be BS....for this to be true it must mean that Republicans and a good amount of them actually approve and you know that's not true.
The people polled here had to have been 95% Liberal.

Last edited:

9% unemployment.
All this and 60% of the American people approve of the job this President is doing?

This has to be BS....for this to be true it must mean that Republicans and a good amount of them actually approve and you know that's not true.

What a presupposition this POLL has that AMERICANS approve of their OWN DEMISE?

Boggles the mind...Assumes too much and is disingenuous

9% unemployment.

You'll have to excuse those that were polled, because they still have gotten over their drunken stupor yet. I give them a week to two weeks tops.

9% unemployment.

Rozman. Can I steal this? (all proper credit due, of course) I've been trying to craft that statement of simple facts into something succinct and snappy for a day or two now and your assessment is the best yet.:clap2:

Then there is this poll:
"Only 34% of Americans approve of his handling of the economy, a finding linked directly to a surge in petrol prices to around $4 a gallon. It was the lowest approval for Obama on the economy in the Ipsos poll since he took office in January 2009."
Obama way ahead for 2012 election: News24: World: News

In these times, you can always find a poll to suit your political slant.

Mark Twain said:

'There are lies, there are Damned lies and then there's statistics.':lol:

Bill had Dick Morris on last night.

Morris said he had to do some major digging for the facts on that AP poll. Morris found that of those questioned 35% were Dems and 18% were Reps. Hence the 60%.

According to Morris whenever they poll whoever is polling tries to make sure that they get as close to half and half as they can.

Apparantly the AP didn't do that this time even though, according to Morris, they have done so in the past.

The RP only gave Ol'BO a 6 point jump.

Guess folks can believe as they chose on this one.

And meanwhile, Rasmussen has Obama's net approval/disapproval 13 points below the average of ten other recent polls.

Talk about ridiculous.

With Rasmussen they ask people who will more than likely vote. not just anyone walking down the street.

Which only PROVES that Rasmussen's polls are not an accurate reflection of the opinion of the American people on the job Obama is doing.

And meanwhile, Rasmussen has Obama's net approval/disapproval 13 points below the average of ten other recent polls.

Talk about ridiculous.

With Rasmussen they ask people who will more than likely vote. not just anyone walking down the street.

Which only PROVES that Rasmussen's polls are not an accurate reflection of the opinion of the American people on the job Obama is doing.

Which proves you don't know what the hell it is you are talking about. If you don't vote your opinion on who will win an election is worthless. As I said Rasmussen ask people who will more than likely vote.

Forum List

Back