President's approval rating hits 60%

Bottom line is that poll is not in line with any other poll out there on the same subject. Something IS amiss with it. If this poll is where the left wants to hang their hat, it shows that they're being disengenuous.

My point is that the objection to the ratio of R's, D's, and I's was not legitimate because party affiliation alone is not a legitimate measure of political sentiments. Liberal/conservative/moderate are better measure.

I could construct a poll that was 33% Republican, 33% Democrat, and 33% Independent, and get at LEAST a 60% approval rating for Obama.

How?

By getting a big enough set to work with initially where I could then go in and sort out only Republicans who also said they were Moderates,

only Democrats who also said they were Liberals,

and only Independents who also said they were Liberals.

My liberal/conservative/moderate ratio would then be 66% Liberal, 33% Moderate, and 0% Conservative...

...but if you only looked at the party affiliation, like Trajan insists on doing, you'd think the sample was politically balanced.

Today's Rasmussen - "Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -7"

He'll be back in the 30s, where he belongs, by next week.

Bottom line is that poll is not in line with any other poll out there on the same subject. Something IS amiss with it. If this poll is where the left wants to hang their hat, it shows that they're being disengenuous.

My point is that the objection to the ratio of R's, D's, and I's was not legitimate because party affiliation alone is not a legitimate measure of political sentiments. Liberal/conservative/moderate are better measure.

I could construct a poll that was 33% Republican, 33% Democrat, and 33% Independent, and get at LEAST a 60% approval rating for Obama.

How?

By getting a big enough set to work with initially where I could then go in and sort out only Republicans who also said they were Moderates,

only Democrats who also said they were Liberals,

and only Independents who also said they were Liberals.

My liberal/conservative/moderate ratio would then be 66% Liberal, 33% Moderate, and 0% Conservative...

...but if you only looked at the party affiliation, like Trajan insists on doing, you'd think the sample was politically balanced.

Where does your party - the Communists - fit into all this?

Forum List

Back