President Trump: US Can’t Afford Veterans’ Health Care Without Cuts

White House: U.S. Can’t Afford Veterans’ Health Care Without Cuts

Seriously? This administration gave a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the 1%. Now they're telling us they can't afford health care for those of us who put on a uniform to serve our country. This is shameful.
Seriously? That is his point, I believe.

He will give it, he just wants it offset by other cuts in other areas of government. And we all know there is waste everywhere-

In a letter Monday, the Trump administration demanded that lawmakers fund a popular veterans’ health-care program — which allows former troops to spend public funds on private doctors and hospitals — with cuts to other parts of the budget. Democrats, and some top Senate Republicans, prefer to raise the current caps on discretionary spending instead.

Where do you get the idea that "there is waste everywhere"?

Hearsay? Just something that you assume because 'everybody' says so?

Or is it that you consider 'waste' to be anything that doesn't benefit you specifically?

We have government "for the people", meaning government for ALL Americans, not just you or what you approve of.
https://www.flake.senate.gov/public...1cc-f88515002d0d/wastebook-2016-final-pdf.pdf

If all the waste in Senator Flake's report were true, why hasn't he started a Senate investigation? Is he the ONLY Senator that cares about waste? Why hasn't he done anything?

This looks like a report written for his feeble minded constituents - to convince them that he alone is the champion responsible government.

I don't buy it - you've been dup'd by a politician.

And by the way, when I worked for a government contractor, the government people were the cheapest penny pinching bunch you could imagine - they kept demanding that we squeeze blood out of a rock every day.

Seriously? This administration gave a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the 1%. Now they're telling us they can't afford health care for those of us who put on a uniform to serve our country. This is shameful.

He will give it, he just wants it offset by other cuts in other areas of government. And we all know there is waste everywhere-

In a letter Monday, the Trump administration demanded that lawmakers fund a popular veterans’ health-care program — which allows former troops to spend public funds on private doctors and hospitals — with cuts to other parts of the budget. Democrats, and some top Senate Republicans, prefer to raise the current caps on discretionary spending instead.

Or is it that you consider 'waste' to be anything that doesn't benefit you specifically?

We have government "for the people", meaning government for ALL Americans, not just you or what you approve of.
https://www.flake.senate.gov/public...1cc-f88515002d0d/wastebook-2016-final-pdf.pdf

If all the waste in Senator Flake's report were true, why hasn't he started a Senate investigation? Is he the ONLY Senator that cares about waste? Why hasn't he done anything?

This looks like a report written for his feeble minded constituents - to convince them that he alone is the champion responsible government.

I don't buy it - you've been dup'd by a politician.

And by the way, when I worked for a government contractor, the government people were the cheapest penny pinching bunch you could imagine - they kept demanding that we squeeze blood out of a rock every day.
Tom Cohorn from Oklahoma did this every year..........Flake just took over.

It's not a lie..........they have been doing these reports a long time.

As soon as government got into healthcare, like with Medicare and Medicaid, prices went up for everyone else. Once Big Pharma knew there were deep pockets paying the bills, prices went up. They also went way up after Obamacare passed. Big Pharma loved Obamacare because they were set to profit bigger than ever. It's no different than college tuition skyrocketing after government got into the student loan business.

There are a lot of things we could cut to ensure more could be spent on the VA. We owe these folks.
Single payer with competitive service bidding will drop prices, open affordability, and add choice.

Surely you jest.

https://www.usnews.com/news/slidesh...us-reveals-1b-in-wasteful-government-spending

Coburn shows what $28 billion in government waste looks like - CNNPolitics

Just a taste for you

Last edited:

I do Tricare Reserve Select but only for eye care and had no trouble getting a referral from Humana for my choice of care provider. For everything else, I use Blue Cross/Shield which is no cost through the civilian job. Either way, I am not looking forward to being a gray area retiree. Matter of fact, think I'll just ditch it all together. Screw their monthly premiums as long as I've got BC/BS.

Before he passed, my grandfather required 24/7 in-home nursing care (2015). The best round the clock price we could find was $27 an hour. The VA would only help out with daytime hours service. So we had to put him in a local nursing home where he couldn't have his damn cat. I don't know anyone serving or retired who expects anything but red tape at the door. Don't get me started on Tricare dental and four hour drives to an approved provider.

we treat defense spending as a cost of war. we ought to treat care for our vets as a cost of war!

Forum List

Back