President Trump Makes A Case For Why McCain Should Retire ... Of Be Re-Called

If the people at Arizona feel that McCain is no longer representing them, they are welcome to vote against him in 2022.

If he's still alive.
Or recall him now.

:lol:

I know you guy, as a rule, dont have a geeat understanding of American civics, but how would that work, exactly?

There is no way to "recall" sitting members of Congress.
Impeachment

Impeachment isn't a "recall".

What "high crimes and misdemeanors" did McCain commit?
Taking bribes for starters....as well as conspiracy to commit treason with terrorists.

McCain Poses With Alleged Terrorists -- Proof That Involvement in Syria Is a Bad Idea | HuffPost
john_mccain_visits_al_qaeda_isis_terrorists_in_syria_may2013.jpg.cf.jpg

The photo of John McCain posing with terrorists and kidnappers in Syria encapsulates, perfectly, everything wrong with the position of McCain and others that the U.S. ought to insert itself into Syria’s civil war.

To recap the past few days, talk of arming the Syrian rebels is heating up. In the Senate, the Committee on Foreign Affairs cast a 15-3 vote to authorize arming and training the rebels — Senators Tom Udall, Chris Murphy, and Rand Paul being the three courageous dissenters. Then, the Russians announced the shipment of advanced air defense missiles to the government of Bashar al-Assad. The European Union reacted in kind, voting to allow the arming of the opposing rebels.

It was revealed this morning that McCain, during his personal mission to Syria to meet with rebels, appeared in photos with Mohammed Nour and Abu Ibrahim, two members of the Sunni “Northern Storm” brigade, which kidnapped 11 Lebanese Shia pilgrims, who were on their way back to Lebanon, from Iran. The group is still holding nine of the hostages.

This should give everyone pause when it comes to ramping up support for the rebels by arming them.

McCain’s office says that the senator didn’t know who they were, and doesn’t support their terrorist acts. I don’t doubt that. But it precisely is the point. If a U.S. senator can unwittingly pose for pictures with terrorists in Syria, how can we guarantee that the arms McCain supports sending there won’t also end up in the same place McCain did — with terrorists? The simple answer is that we can’t.

What’s worse, the Sunni side of the war, which McCain wants to support with arms, is not just affiliated with these kidnappers and terrorists, but also al Qaeda-affiliated groups, and Iraqi Sunni insurgents — the very same Iraqi Sunnis who killed American troops, and the Iraqi Army. That would be the Iraqi Army that McCain thought we should spend billions of dollars and thousands of American lives to establish. In fact, Syrian rebels affiliated with al Qaeda are responsible for the killing of nine Iraqi troops. We have every reason to expect that they will continue to target the Iraqi Army when they can.​

I love how Hillary keeps calling Trump a "CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER" so she can try to get him removed from office.

Clear and Present Danger .--Certain expression, oral or written, may incite, urge, counsel, advocate, or importune the commission of criminal conduct; other expression, such as picketing, demonstrating, and engaging in certain forms of ''symbolic'' action may either counsel the commission of criminal conduct or itself constitute criminal conduct. Leaving aside for the moment the problem of ''speech-plus'' communication, it becomes necessary to determine when expression that may be a nexus to criminal conduct is subject to punishment and restraint. At first, the Court seemed disposed in the few cases reaching it to rule that if the conduct could be made criminal, the advocacy of or promotion of the conduct could be made criminal. 77Then, in Schenck v. United States, 78 in which defendants had been convicted of seeking to disrupt recruitment of military personnel by dissemination of certain leaflets, Justice Holmes formulated the ''clear and present danger'' test which has ever since been the starting point of argument. ''The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent. It is a question of proximity and degree.'' 79 The convictions were unanimously affirmed. One week later, the Court again unanimously affirmed convictions under the same Act with Justice Holmes speaking. ''[W]e think it necessary to add to what has been said in Schenck v. United States . . . only that the First Amendment while prohibiting legislation against free speech as such cannot have been, and obviously was not, intended to give immunity for every possible use of language. We venture to believe that neither Hamilton nor Madison, nor any other competent person then or later, ever supposed that to make criminal the counseling of a murder within the jurisdiction of Congress would be an unconstitutional interference with free speech.'' 80 And in Debs v. United States, 81 Justice Holmes was found referring to ''the natural and intended effect'' and ''probable effect'' of the condemned speech in common-law tones.

It's really a shame that Hillary won't leave the public eye.

She is like the herpes sores all over her husband's cock...they refuse to go away,

President Trump Tweets Video of John McCain Promising 13 Times to Repeal Obamacare

"President Donald Trump tweeted a video on Monday of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) promising to repeal and replace Obamacare 13 times. McCain derailed Obamacare repeal twice since Trump became president.

Trump
said on Monday, “A few of the many clips of John McCain talking about Repealing & Replacing O’Care. My oh my has he changed-complete turn from years of talk!”

The tweet contained a video in which McCain promised more than 13 times to repeal and replace Obamacare. In the video, McCain called Obamacare a “complete failure.”

The Arizona senator declared, “We don’t want to fix it. We want to replace it.”

At some point promising something then doing the complete opposite stops being 'changing your mind' and / or 'failing to keep your promise' and starts just being a simple case of 'LYING YOUR ASS OFF TO THE PEOPLE WHO ELECTED YOU JUST SO THEY WILL KEEP ELECTING YOU'.

That point for John McCain was Loooong before he made that promise 13 times and betrayed that promise every time.

Promising something 13 times and then breaking those promises over and over is not being a 'Maverick' - It's being a 'LIAR'!

A typical hyper-partisan OP.
When McCain correctly stated, that an elected representative are to work for their constituents first and party second, he was 100% correct.
Considering a huge majority of Americans had such a negative opinion of every single healthcare bill the GOP produced, he put people first. Then there's the matter of the way the bills developed and the fact they were pushed through the rank and file, with the rank and file basically clueless about the substance of the bill, because they kept on changing it.
Back when congress didn't have such horrible numbers of public approval and back when things got done, there wasn't the hyper-partisanship in Congress or the nation. This hyper-polarization is stagnating progress and is not providing a representative congress. Both parties are guilty of excluding the other side in the process, when they have the numbers. Doing that, creates a large segment of the American public being not heard and not being represented in the legislative process. That's like taxation, without representation.
America's demographics, clearly show that neither party represents a majority and that independents/moderates are the largest voting block. Talk about under representation.
Also, I'd care to bet, that a huge majority of Americans, agreed with McCain's statement about representing people first. Too bad you and so many others, are blind to a representative government by your dedication to your very narrow ideology.

Blah, blah, blah.... No matter how you cut it....

Promising something 13 times and then breaking those promises over and over is not being a 'Maverick' - It's being a 'LIAR'

If the people at Arizona feel that McCain is no longer representing them, they are welcome to vote against him in 2022.

If he's still alive.
Or recall him now.

I know you guy, as a rule, dont have a geeat understanding of American civics, but how would that work, exactly?

Impeachment

Taking bribes for starters....as well as conspiracy to commit treason with terrorists.

Well, you should get on that. I'm sure that you've got plenty of evidence to back your claims up, and I'm sure your senator would be interested in seeing that evidence.

President Trump Tweets Video of John McCain Promising 13 Times to Repeal Obamacare

"President Donald Trump tweeted a video on Monday of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) promising to repeal and replace Obamacare 13 times. McCain derailed Obamacare repeal twice since Trump became president.

Trump
said on Monday, “A few of the many clips of John McCain talking about Repealing & Replacing O’Care. My oh my has he changed-complete turn from years of talk!”

The tweet contained a video in which McCain promised more than 13 times to repeal and replace Obamacare. In the video, McCain called Obamacare a “complete failure.”

At some point promising something then doing the complete opposite stops being 'changing your mind' and / or 'failing to keep your promise' and starts just being a simple case of 'LYING YOUR ASS OFF TO THE PEOPLE WHO ELECTED YOU JUST SO THEY WILL KEEP ELECTING YOU'.

That point for John McCain was Loooong before he made that promise 13 times and betrayed that promise every time.

Promising something 13 times and then breaking those promises over and over is not being a 'Maverick' - It's being a 'LIAR'!

Ah, well then Rump should be "recalled" for not having a wall, not keeping out Muslims, not "bombing the shit out of ISIS" and not putting Hillary in jail.

Be sure to let us know when that happens. I'll make popcorn.

He does need to get on that wall faster.

The Muslims, his ban was too soft but it was blocked by vile tyrants in judges robes. That's on them

ISIS?

And yes HIllary should be in jail, but really, her entire life is ruined by losing.

Your contriving various excuses for Dear Leader is noted. And of course, predictable.

You want some more examples? You know, so you can get some more apology-exercise?

Let's go right to the point. Rump's rationale for "recall" (speaking of wags who know nothing about how the system works) is "liar".

You know what a "liar" is? One who tells lies.

Lies like.. "I got more electoral votes than anybody since Reagan. And it wasn't raining".
Lies like "Three million illegals voted so really I won".
Lies like that faked tweet about black crime
Lies like "thousands of people were dancing on rooftops" followed by "I wasn't mocking a disability"
Lies like "I never went bankrupt".

You know --- those times when you bury your head in the sand and go "Yabbut.... yabbut.... yabbut...." because you live in a bubble of hero-worshiping self-delusion.

Aaaand GO.

Last edited:

Trump

Ah, well then Rump should be "recalled" for not having a wall, not keeping out Muslims, not "bombing the shit out of ISIS" and not putting Hillary in jail.

Be sure to let us know when that happens. I'll make popcorn.

He does need to get on that wall faster.

The Muslims, his ban was too soft but it was blocked by vile tyrants in judges robes. That's on them

ISIS?

And yes HIllary should be in jail, but really, her entire life is ruined by losing.

Your contriving various excuses for Dear Leader is noted. And of course, predictable.

I agreed that he need to move faster on the wall.

My point about the asshole judges who blocked his ban was right on.

Or recall him now.

Impeachment

Well, you should get on that. I'm sure that you've got plenty of evidence to back your claims up, and I'm sure your senator would be interested in seeing that evidence.
No problem

The photo of John McCain posing with terrorists and kidnappers in Syria encapsulates, perfectly, everything wrong with the position of McCain and others that the U.S. ought to insert itself into Syria’s civil war.

To recap the past few days, talk of arming the Syrian rebels is heating up. In the Senate, the Committee on Foreign Affairs cast a 15-3 vote to authorize arming and training the rebels — Senators Tom Udall, Chris Murphy, and Rand Paul being the three courageous dissenters. Then, the Russians announced the shipment of advanced air defense missiles to the government of Bashar al-Assad. The European Union reacted in kind, voting to allow the arming of the opposing rebels.

It was revealed this morning that McCain, during his personal mission to Syria to meet with rebels, appeared in photos with Mohammed Nour and Abu Ibrahim, two members of the Sunni “Northern Storm” brigade, which kidnapped 11 Lebanese Shia pilgrims, who were on their way back to Lebanon, from Iran. The group is still holding nine of the hostages.

This should give everyone pause when it comes to ramping up support for the rebels by arming them.

McCain’s office says that the senator didn’t know who they were, and doesn’t support their terrorist acts. I don’t doubt that. But it precisely is the point. If a U.S. senator can unwittingly pose for pictures with terrorists in Syria, how can we guarantee that the arms McCain supports sending there won’t also end up in the same place McCain did — with terrorists? The simple answer is that we can’t.

What’s worse, the Sunni side of the war, which McCain wants to support with arms, is not just affiliated with these kidnappers and terrorists, but also al Qaeda-affiliated groups, and Iraqi Sunni insurgents — the very same Iraqi Sunnis who killed American troops, and the Iraqi Army. That would be the Iraqi Army that McCain thought we should spend billions of dollars and thousands of American lives to establish. In fact, Syrian rebels affiliated with al Qaeda are responsible for the killing of nine Iraqi troops. We have every reason to expect that they will continue to target the Iraqi Army when they can.

McCain Poses With Alleged Terrorists -- Proof That Involvement in Syria Is a Bad Idea | HuffPost

mctraitor-with-terrorists.jpg.cf.jpg

If he's still alive.
Or recall him now.

24DFCC6300000578-0-image-m-83_1421769923396.jpg

Yes, I understand that you guys are throwing a tantrum.

There's still no way to recall a sitting US senator.

If he's still alive.
Or recall him now.

24DFCC6300000578-0-image-m-83_1421769923396.jpg

Yes, I understand that you guys are throwing a tantrum.

There's still no way to recall a sitting US senator.
Nope, he gave us plenty of other reasons.

Impeachment

No problem

What’s worse, the Sunni side of the war, which McCain wants to support with arms, is not just affiliated with these kidnappers and terrorists, but also al Qaeda-affiliated groups, and Iraqi Sunni insurgents — the very same Iraqi Sunnis who killed American troops, and the Iraqi Army. That would be the Iraqi Army that McCain thought we should spend billions of dollars and thousands of American lives to establish. In fact, Syrian rebels affiliated with al Qaeda are responsible for the killing of nine Iraqi troops. We have every reason to expect that they will continue to target the Iraqi Army when they can.

I didn't say you should post it here, clown shoes. I have no interest in reading whatever bullshit you've latched on to.

If you think McCain should be impeached, you should let someone who actually has that power know all this secret information you've collected from right-wing blog sites.

Impeachment

No problem

I didn't say you should post it here, clown shoes. I have no interest in reading whatever bullshit you've latched on to.

If you think McCain should be impeached, you should let someone who actually has that power know all this secret information you've collected from right-wing blog sites.

You cannot impeach a United States Senator. Please read your Constitution!

Trump

None of the republic bills could be called a replacement.

Impeachment

No problem

I'm sure the Justice Department already knows. Whether want to press it isn't up to me.
Calling me clown shoes just because I answered your question should be beneath a moderator. But you are well known to be an instigator.
I think you should be fired.

No problem

You cannot impeach a United States Senator. Please read your Constitution!

That's actually not true. There is nothing in the Constitution that says members of Congress can't be impeached.

It's easier to simply expel them, though.

McCain is an asshole.
President Trump Makes A Case For Why McCain Should Retire ... Of Be Re-Called

He said mean things to Trump :crybaby:

That's the entirety of Trumps reasoning

I'm on record, somewhere on this cite admitting that the failure to repeal by congress is proof that their previous repeal votes was bullshit grandstanding.

McCain is part of that, and he, with all of them, owe an explanation to his voters.

Senator McCain has already and repeatedly stated a reason. Just because you're not paying attention is no reason to lie about the fact.

No problem

I'm sure the Justice Department already knows. Whether want to press it isn't up to me.
Calling me clown shoes just because I answered your question should be beneath a moderator. But you are well known to be an instigator.
I think you should be fired.

And you are entitled to your meaningless opinion.

That doesn't change the fact that McCain won't be recalled, or impeached.

I love how Hillary keeps calling Trump a "CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER" so she can try to get him removed from office.

Clear and Present Danger .--Certain expression, oral or written, may incite, urge, counsel, advocate, or importune the commission of criminal conduct; other expression, such as picketing, demonstrating, and engaging in certain forms of ''symbolic'' action may either counsel the commission of criminal conduct or itself constitute criminal conduct. Leaving aside for the moment the problem of ''speech-plus'' communication, it becomes necessary to determine when expression that may be a nexus to criminal conduct is subject to punishment and restraint. At first, the Court seemed disposed in the few cases reaching it to rule that if the conduct could be made criminal, the advocacy of or promotion of the conduct could be made criminal. 77Then, in Schenck v. United States, 78 in which defendants had been convicted of seeking to disrupt recruitment of military personnel by dissemination of certain leaflets, Justice Holmes formulated the ''clear and present danger'' test which has ever since been the starting point of argument. ''The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent. It is a question of proximity and degree.'' 79 The convictions were unanimously affirmed. One week later, the Court again unanimously affirmed convictions under the same Act with Justice Holmes speaking. ''[W]e think it necessary to add to what has been said in Schenck v. United States . . . only that the First Amendment while prohibiting legislation against free speech as such cannot have been, and obviously was not, intended to give immunity for every possible use of language. We venture to believe that neither Hamilton nor Madison, nor any other competent person then or later, ever supposed that to make criminal the counseling of a murder within the jurisdiction of Congress would be an unconstitutional interference with free speech.'' 80 And in Debs v. United States, 81 Justice Holmes was found referring to ''the natural and intended effect'' and ''probable effect'' of the condemned speech in common-law tones.

It's really a shame that Hillary won't leave the public eye.

She is like the herpes sores all over her husband's cock...they refuse to go away,

Wow, so much effort just to reaffirm the fact that you're a giant douchebag.

Forum List

Back