President Trump Encourages EPA to Clean Up Oceans at G20!

Cleaning up the ocean is definitely a good thing.

However is suspect it is their "focus" to distract from their denial of climate change.

No one denies climate change dumb ass....

It’s been happing for millions of years...

We just don’t think carbon credits will stop it.....

To the sane it appears to be a natural process....
There you go, denying climate change.

You should have paid better attention in reading class....

Do you deny the climate has been changing since this planet was a rock?

Does that not seem like a natural process to you?

The climate change hoax was designed to fool fools like yourself....

The EPA said we can help if we cut single use plastics: Please list some ways we can do that. I'll start:

#1. Recycle plastic solo cups by washing them in the top rack of your dishwasher. I've been doing a lot of that lately and guess what. You can wash plastic solo-type cups you get at WalMart in that top area of the dishwasher, and they don't melt. If you have an old Iron Nellie dishwasher that melts melmac, you can always wash them in the sink in their own water, dip them in warm water you put a 1/2 teaspoon of dishwasher rinse-aid in, let them air dry on a clean cookie - cooler rack. Once they're completely dry, just restack them and put them into a baggie, and yes, you can wash and rinse the baggie, too, when it's empty, and when it's dry, you can put the next cycle of cleaned plastic cups too.

Please someone add #2 idea on recycling another formerly single-use plastic item. Thanks!
95% of the garbage in the ocean comes from a few rivers in Africa and Asia. Two off them are the Yellow River and the Yangtze River.

Cleaning up the ocean is definitely a good thing.

However is suspect it is their "focus" to distract from their denial of climate change.

No one denies climate change dumb ass....

It’s been happing for millions of years...

We just don’t think carbon credits will stop it.....

To the sane it appears to be a natural process....
There you go, denying climate change.

You should have paid better attention in reading class....

Do you deny the climate has been changing since this planet was a rock?

Does that not seem like a natural process to you?

The climate change hoax was designed to fool fools like yourself....
You're still denying it.

Just the other day, I was on youtube surfing, and one of my favorite subjects is looking at lovely fish. Well, I ran into this video about the ocean, and it said that in the Pacific Ocean there is an area the size of the State of Texas that is covered with plastics that are dangerous to fish, and particulates are being found in fish flesh because their GI systems are different from those of humans, and plastics can hurt them. So I did something I've never done before, because I noticed that when President Trump decides to do something, it gets done. I went to the WH and sent President Trump a short note on how sorry I was about there being too much garbage in the oceans that was ruining the fish for a hungry world, and that garbage was filling some parts of areas that could take away protein from the world's people. And today, I didn't miss that Jonathan Hunt of FoxNews put out a blurb from the EPA administrator saying that the USA will focus on plastic pollution in the oceans at G20 summit. I took a big gamble, and I'm so happy the President decided to repopulate the ocean with better fish by encouraging worldwide cleanup of oceans worldwide. :woohoo:

Who said one vote doesn't matter? <gong, you're wrong!> You guys get out there and vote, and may we have cleaner oceans, and maybe the whales will not have to beach themselves to get the attention of mankind ever again. I just knew President Trump would be the man to get his people to step up to the plate to fix the oceans. Now, I just pray that this will happen. Good luck, guys and gals at the EPA! Let's get Soros to put his $$$$ on the oceans instead of beating up the guy who will clean up the oceans!

This is part of the mass when it was the size of France:

Garbage-Patch.jpg

EPA administrator says US will focus on plastic pollution in the oceans at G20 summit

The only problem with that is the vast majority of plastic waste comes from 10 rivers, 8 are in Asia and the other 2 in Africa.

95% of plastic polluting world's oceans come from just 10 rivers including Indus | The Express Tribune

The EPA said we can help if we cut single use plastics: Please list some ways we can do that. I'll start:

#1. Recycle plastic solo cups by washing them in the top rack of your dishwasher. I've been doing a lot of that lately and guess what. You can wash plastic solo-type cups you get at WalMart in that top area of the dishwasher, and they don't melt. If you have an old Iron Nellie dishwasher that melts melmac, you can always wash them in the sink in their own water, dip them in warm water you put a 1/2 teaspoon of dishwasher rinse-aid in, let them air dry on a clean cookie - cooler rack. Once they're completely dry, just restack them and put them into a baggie, and yes, you can wash and rinse the baggie, too, when it's empty, and when it's dry, you can put the next cycle of cleaned plastic cups too.

Please someone add #2 idea on recycling another formerly single-use plastic item. Thanks!
95% of the garbage in the ocean comes from a few rivers in Africa and Asia. Two off them are the Yellow River and the Yangtze River.
Thanks, bripat. Here's a short film (under four minutes) by Jean-Michel Cousteau on what a Gyre is and garbage found on remote islands in the Pacific, and the damage done to ocean birds at the North Pacific Gyre, the world's largest garbage patch, a regular garbage super highway:

There are other gyres in the Atlantic, a great big one between South America and Australia, a huge one in the Indian Ocean from India, Africa, and the Orient. (Australia is in the big middle of the two).

Thanks, bripat. Here's a short film (under four minutes) by Jean-Michel Cousteau on what a Gyre is and garbage found on remote islands in the Pacific, and the damage done to ocean birds at the North Pacific Gyre, the world's largest garbage patch, a regular garbage super highway:

How does that alter what I posted? Garbage in the ocean doesn't come from Europe or America, so you're wasting your time preaching to us.

There are other gyres in the Atlantic, a great big one between South America and Australia, a huge one in the Indian Ocean from India, Africa, and the Orient. (Australia is in the big middle of the two).
I said 95% of the garbage in the ocean. That means all the oceans..

Worldwide Gyres (Blog from University of Dublin)

A few years ago the ‘Great Pacific Garbage Patch‘ or ‘Plastic Vortex’ made the news. The phenomenon behind this is actually not only restricted to the Pacific Ocean but found in all oceans worldwide in areas where converging surface currents support the creation of such ‘patches’ of accumulated plastics. Over 15,000 drifters were used to track surface currents and develop model predictions to locate these regions worldwide. The model already proved consistent with the observations in the Pacific Ocean. Meanwhile, 22 years of undergraduate students collecting mostly mm-sized floating plastic debris from 6,100 locations in the western North Atlantic provided the data to confirm the predictions for the Atlantic Ocean as well. Here is a map to your rubber duck:
1730a.png

Map of accumulations of drifters in the world oceans after 10 years. Highest
accumulations in red.Courtesy of Nikolai Maximenko, IPRC, University of Hawai’i

Stop swearing at people you don't like, & do what you can to help clean up what you do think needs improvement. little thing's can helps.

How does that alter what I posted? Garbage in the ocean doesn't come from Europe or America, so you're wasting your time preaching to us.

No offense, Mr BriPat. I'm sorry you consider my afternoon of research into worldwide accumulations, but I didn't get a chance to post them last night, and this morning was spent with my best friend who is dying of lung cancer. Did you know the airplane that crashed in Australia a number of years ago was not found due to trash in the accumulation of another gyre than the one that was created by oriental discharge? It's on every single map I found, and had intended to post them as I can in the upcoming week. I also found several areas in the Atlantic and have heard of smaller areas in and around the Gulf of Mexico. All of the accumulations are deleterious to aquatic life, and the fishing industry that human beings depend on greatly in Asia, while here, I'm not certain it amounts to 10% of the American diet, but that's yet another field of research. This in no way undermines your findings of the largest gyre and the location of its source, imho, and when I'm done, I'm certain you can rest assured your findings are true, due to the size and currents of the massive gyre in the Pacific in our hemisphere. There is, I am sure a lot less down Australia westerly out, but it was enough to totally confuse searchers for that lost plane and the wreckage a few years back, that should have been clear to them the week following its disappearance. They could not determine plane parts from massive areas of gunk.

I need to get back to my dying friend's home. I'm sorry I have to cut this short, but this man friended my husband who died 3 years ago tomorrow (June 13), and I have an obligation of the heart to help out the only man to friend my husband when we moved back to the state of my birth in 2009. My husband's dementia was more advanced than I knew, and his outgoing personality changed to being cautious as he deteriorated slowly over the next 6 years. Our dear friend EJ cannot speak and has not eaten for 3 days in his home hospice. I'm so sorry I offended you, Bripat. It was totally unintentional. Please carry on while I tend to my family's friend of friends. Thanks. ~ freedombecki (beautress)

Forum List

Back