President Trump Encourages EPA to Clean Up Oceans at G20!

Yep, trump's the same one who sicced the attack dogs like pruitt on the EPA. Can't let clean air and water get in the way of corporate profit. He probably considers the ocean different than the environment or whatever. What normal person can figure out what goes through his f'd up mind.

Trump Watch: EPA | Environmental Integrity
Maybe he had a change of heart, jasonnfree. Let's give him a chance, and just go with it, okay? He wants to make a significant ocean cleanup happen. It's his turn to do good in the environment. And I support cleaning the ocean up for my vicarious fishy pals shown here: Sea Fever and the Ocean's Colorful Creatures

One of the things I liked about Johnny Denver was the year he spent on the ship Calypso, which was run by the late, great Jacques Cousteau. He was so thrilled about their conservation efforts of sea creatures, he expressed in this lovely ditty, which I know by heart, of course:

He said, "we must learn from the sea...."

Much of the trash in the oceans comes from typhoons and cyclones.

I reuse my plastic grocery bags for trash. I also reuse the Chinese food containers for leftovers. They wash in the dishwater and are microwave safe.

We rewash good plastic utensils and plates to use when we have parties of bbq, etc.

I reuse plastic cups for water for paint brushes, for single flower cutting the kids might bring in.

If I spray paint something and set it on a plastic bag, I let it dry, then use for trash.

Just some I can think of.

Much of the trash in the oceans comes from typhoons and cyclones.

I reuse my plastic grocery bags for trash. I also reuse the Chinese food containers for leftovers. They wash in the dishwater and are microwave safe.

We rewash good plastic utensils and plates to use when we have parties of bbq, etc.

I reuse plastic cups for water for paint brushes, for single flower cutting the kids might bring in.

If I spray paint something and set it on a plastic bag, I let it dry, then use for trash.

Just some I can think of.
Wow, depotoo. That's four more in our treasury of fixing single-use plastics to do more! Thanks.

If someone has a use for cat-litter plastic boxes, they look like they'd make excellent paint mixture cans if you were painting or whitewashing a fence or something.

upload_2019-6-11_20-14-27.png

We need some more inspiration here. I have some fave fishy flicks to share, so here goes:
(You can see the images better if you click on them, and a pop up screen should make them a little bigger.)

Attachments

• Coral Reef Phillippines.jpg
    Coral Reef Phillippines.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 03.21.19 Saw Shark.jpg
    03.21.19 Saw Shark.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
  • Indian Ocean Fish 1.png
    Indian Ocean Fish 1.png
    124 KB · Views: 21
Oh, those big round plastic buckets paint come in from Home Depot we use over and over, from storing bird seed, after a thorough cleaning, to storing tools, etc.

Cleaning up the ocean is definitely a good thing.

However is suspect it is their "focus" to distract from their denial of climate change.
Well, we can fix it, Crepitus. Let's recall that if Trump sends people to G20, he might go along for the ride and give a pitch people worldwide will want to participate in and fund. That way, every country can say they did their part to revive the sea, which will die at the rate it's getting plasticized. We must fix the problem. Remember, all the oceans have one or two places where monster collections are, and some whale groups have reduced the size of their herds beyond all measure due to the loss of krill-sized creatures of the seas. They don't do well in reduced sunlight areas, and in the Pacific, it's the size of Texas going on the size of Alaska, not to mention the mess down in the Indian Ocean between India and Australia and along the Coast of East Africa. :( Here are a few more little guys we are protecting:
upload_2019-6-11_20-28-45.png
Different species of whales including a Narwhal.jpg a hammerhead shark.jpg

Attachments

• Indian Ocean Fish 3.png
    Indian Ocean Fish 3.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 40
Oh, those big round plastic buckets paint come in from Home Depot we use over and over, from storing bird seed, after a thorough cleaning, to storing tools, etc.
That's great, depotoo. Before I quit eating donuts, the local Shipley's Donut house used to sell their plastic buckets for 3 or 4 dollars, and they usually were all gone too by noon. I don't know exactly what they originally had in them--special flour, powdered sugar, or whatever, but they cleaned them **** and span, and people were glad to get them, because they were translucent, so you could see in if you were storing quilts, pillowcases, or anything else you wanted to protect from kitty fleas to dust mites. Thanks for a great use--bird seed storage makes ants fat, and we don't need those around the farm, where the front drive is lined with red ant beds, and I don't like to use pesticides or anything that would kill a bird or prairie hen-type bird like the cute little killdeer that come around every summer and lay their eggs close to the fences. Time for some more inspiration to those who must go down to the sea again and enjoy the beauty of a sunrise or a sunset:

Attachments

• narwhal-ice Hornfish Narwhals.jpg
    narwhal-ice Hornfish Narwhals.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 01.19.2019 Red Sea Lionfish1.jpg
    01.19.2019 Red Sea Lionfish1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Med Sea 4.png
    Med Sea 4.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 17

However is suspect it is their "focus" to distract from their denial of climate change.

We can actually do something about the ocean, so it makes sense for people to be putting their efforts there instead of your Jim Jones climate cult nonsense
You've got that backwards man. You folks with your heads in the sand denying climate change is real are the ones living in jonestown.

Well, we can fix it, Crepitus. Let's recall that if Trump sends people to G20, he might go along for the ride and give a pitch people worldwide will want to participate in and fund. That way, every country can say they did their part to revive the sea, which will die at the rate it's getting plasticized. We must fix the problem. Remember, all the oceans have one or two places where monster collections are, and some whale groups have reduced the size of their herds beyond all measure due to the loss of krill-sized creatures of the seas. They don't do well in reduced sunlight areas, and in the Pacific, it's the size of Texas going on the size of Alaska, not to mention the mess down in the Indian Ocean between India and Australia and along the Coast of East Africa. :( Here are a few more little guys we are protecting:
Rising ocean temperatures are reducing krill populations as well.

Let your kids know their help with the more-than-one-use is really a great thing! Clean up the Ocean Mood music for kids of all ages:

Cleaning the ocean rocks! Yeah!​

Attachments

• Coral Reef Phillippines 2.jpg
    Coral Reef Phillippines 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Coral Reef Phillippines 3.jpg
    Coral Reef Phillippines 3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Coral Reef Phillippines 4.jpg
    Coral Reef Phillippines 4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18

Could some of that polymer reaction? Clear plastic can create a prism. Purdy hot stuff. But what do I know? I'm just a seamstress, Crepitus. ;)

Attachments

• Aquarium Extraordinaire.jpg
    Aquarium Extraordinaire.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
  • _Ladies of the Sea.jpg
    _Ladies of the Sea.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 18
  • fish in and out of deep water.jpg
    fish in and out of deep water.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 24

Could some of that polymer reaction? Clear plastic can create a prism. Purdy hot stuff. But what do I know? I'm just a seamstress, Crepitus. ;)
And I run a security consulting firm.

Doesn't mean either one of us can't educate ourselves.

And hurting Antarctic penguins.
The huge drop in numbers of krill is having a massive impact on the life of penguins | Daily Mail Online
But
Overfishing of krill threatens ocean ecosystem
Surprise!
Penguins everywhere! Antarctic populations increasing

No one denies climate change dumb ass....

It’s been happing for millions of years...

We just don’t think carbon credits will stop it.....

To the sane it appears to be a natural process....

And I run a security consulting firm.

Doesn't mean either one of us can't educate ourselves.
I did educate myself with the Nobel Laureate, Dr. Lindau:

He did not agree with former Vice President Gore. :(
But he has taken charts further back than his opponent theorists.
Please give him a chance, too. Plz? Thx. :)

Last edited:

No one denies climate change dumb ass....

It’s been happing for millions of years...

We just don’t think carbon credits will stop it.....

To the sane it appears to be a natural process....
There you go, denying climate change.

Forum List

Back