President Supports Assault Weapon Ban

You forgot to add, there is no way in hell Congress will ever pass another gun ban. It just will never, ever happen. So why do trolls continue to litter the forum with the useless, idiotic gun control/anti-gun threads? The nation will break apart before they'll ever pass. Isn't that clear by now?

Buy a gun, go out to the shooting range, go hunting. Enjoy your second amendment rights. Be an American for god's sake.

I am not so confident.

Say what?? No, it doesn't serve the gun industry or the gun nuts to admit that you and I are in no danger of having weapons taken away from us. Why, that would be awful if you gun nutters lost the ability to sell fear of losing your weapons. What would you do then?

I used to shoot in England. Morons like you used to say the same thing to British pistol shooters.

You forgot to add, there is no way in hell Congress will ever pass another gun ban. It just will never, ever happen. So why do trolls continue to litter the forum with the useless, idiotic gun control/anti-gun threads? The nation will break apart before they'll ever pass. Isn't that clear by now?

Buy a gun, go out to the shooting range, go hunting. Enjoy your second amendment rights. Be an American for god's sake.

Finally, some reality

Of course congress will never pass another gun ban. No matter how many are assassinated, how high our murder rate or how many children are massacred

We will just shrug and say.......nothing we can do about it

that's a false choice. You anti gun nut cases think more GUN laws will stop CRIMINAL activities. IN reality, you know it won't but you want to pass gun laws and will use any excuse to do so

Finally, some reality

Of course congress will never pass another gun ban. No matter how many are assassinated, how high our murder rate or how many children are massacred

Ya cause after all the rates are going DOWN.

Muslimsvsguns.jpg

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

Great observation by a great president

But we, America, dont care what Obama thinks we 'need;.

Obama can go fuck himself

-Geaux

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

Link?

Finally, some reality

The rates are going down in cities with tough gun laws and lax gun laws

What is not changing is the ridiculously high murder rate we get thanks to our second amendment

Headline should read... 'President supports assault on our Constitution.'

He's an asshole. Hopefully he'll be thwarted on this one.

Please be respectful of the dead

Reagan can no longer defend himself

Naturally you would say that. You are the type of moron that believes every word he utters.

Why wouldn't I believe what Reagan said?

That's not the "he" I was referring to and you know it.

Reagan made a mistake thinking the AK was a machine gun. Most people not familiar with such weapons often make that mistake.

Which "he" were you referring to?

Your Liar-in-Chief of course.

He didn't say it....Reagan did

Does that make him the Liar in Chief?

Of course it doesn't. But if you were honest you would put Reagan's quote in context. Besides he was mistaken about an AK being a machine gun. But as I've stated most people have little knowledge about such firearms and often make that mistake.

"Machine guns" are already banned. A semi-auto AK-47 is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. If he doesn't believe such weapons are needed for home protection, I'd like to see him order his Secret Service to "ban" the use of semi-auto rifles.

More "do as I say, not as I do" from a progressive sh*tbag liberal.
You can buy a fully automatic with the right license...
>>>>>>>>>>
a fully automatic what ?

what license does one need ?

where do i get one ?

is it free or is it like a drivers license ?

some how i think you are.....,

wrong again !! :lmao:

The Truth About Assault Weapons

You need a license to manufacture or sell a machine gun. You don't need a license to buy a machine gun but you do need to get finger printed and have a passport all on file and pay 200 bucks in taxes for each machine gun you want to buy. IOW they treat you like you are already a future criminal when you buy a machine gun.

Title II weapons, or NFA firearms (weapons requiring a Title 7 or Title 10 Federal Firearms License as well as a Class III Special Occupation Tax to sell, and an ATF Form 4 with $200 tax stamp to purchase[1]), are certain firearms,explosive munitions, and other devices which are federally regulated in the United States by the National Firearms Act(NFA).[2][3] Any violation of the NFA is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[4] Per the National Rifle Association's Summary of Gun Control Act of 1968:[5]

Title II of the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a revision of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and pertains to machine guns, short or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, and so-called "destructive devices" (including grenades, mortars,rocket launchers, large projectiles, and other heavy ordnance). Acquisition of these weapons is subject to prior approval of the Attorney General, and federal registration is required for possession. Generally, a $200 tax is imposed upon each transfer or making of any Title II weapon.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), which enforces federal firearms law, refers to such weapons as "NFA firearms".[6] In addition to machine guns, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, heavy weapons and explosive ordnance, NFA firearms include silencers and "any other weapon" (AOW), such as disguised or improvised firearms.[3] (Title I weapons or GCA firearms are conventional rifles, shotguns and handguns.)

Explosive devices such as bombs or grenades are regulated as NFA firearms (destructive devices). Explosive materials are not considered NFA firearms; they are regulated under the Organized Crime Control Act.[7]

That only applies to firearms manufactured before 1986.

The restriction of fully automatic firearms is regulated by the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. With the passage of FOPA, the United States Federal Government declared it illegal to make a new fully automatic firearm, convert a semi automatic firearm to fire in full auto, or to import a fully automatic firearm unless “transferred to the U.S. Government (USG) or a law enforcement agency, or to a Federal firearms licensee for use as a USG or law enforcement sales sample.” (27 CFR 479.105(d)). This means that any full auto firearm manufactured in the US or imported to the US before May 19, 1986 is legal for anyone who is willing to pay a one time $200 tax stamp (per firearm) to own a full auto or burst fire gun.

Finally, some reality

What is not changing is the ridiculously high murder rate we get thanks to our second amendment
We don't have a "ridiculously high murder rate."

Don't look at them as being murdered, look at them as dying for our freedom to bear arms so that a tyrannical government will never take away our other hard fought freedoms. :wink: Most folks would never have a problem with that many Americans dying each year in a war to fight off an encroaching dictator that would like to take away their second amendment rights along with other Constitutional rights. So it's really not that big of a deal. That's the way I've always thought that I would deal with my grief if I lost someone to a gun accident. I would never want guns banned if I lost a loved one to gun violence. They died so that my fellow Americans could have their freedom. Plain and simple. They died for their country.

Deal with it.

Why wouldn't I believe what Reagan said?

Reagan made a mistake thinking the AK was a machine gun. Most people not familiar with such weapons often make that mistake.

Of course it doesn't. But if you were honest you would put Reagan's quote in context. Besides he was mistaken about an AK being a machine gun. But as I've stated most people have little knowledge about such firearms and often make that mistake.
Doesn't matter if it is a machine gun or not. Reagan didn't support them being in private hands

Finally, some reality

Don't look at them as being murdered, look at them as dying for our freedom to bear arms so that a tyrannical government will never take away our other hard fought freedoms. :wink: Most folks would never have a problem with that many Americans dying each year in a war to fight off an encroaching dictator that would like to take away their second amendment rights along with other Constitutional rights. So it's really not that big of a deal. That's the way I've always thought that I would deal with my grief if I lost someone to a gun accident. I would never want guns banned if I lost a loved one to gun violence. They died so that my fellow Americans could have their freedom. Plain and simple. They died for their country.

Deal with it.
Our murder rate is an embarassment. Worst by far among industrialized nations. We have our second amendment to thank. But rest easy, nobody cares....Americans love their guns

And yes.....all those Americans killed by guns gave up their lives so that you could have the toy of your choice

Finally, some reality

Deal with it.
Our murder rate is an embarassment. Worst by far among industrialized nations. We have our second amendment to thank. But rest easy, nobody cares....Americans love their guns

And yes.....all those Americans killed by guns gave up their lives so that you could have the toy of your choice

As long you understand that cost of freedom. It is NOT an embarrassment, it is a miniscule percentage of the population. Everyone knows more deaths are caused by other things. So stop your trolling.

The gun that is responsible for the most deaths is the handgun.

bwgwzu0dp0sfxb6mph_vla.gif

Apparently Americans are willing to die for their freedom. I'm right, you're wrong. Shut up and again, quit your trolling ya government shill.

Doesn't matter if it is a machine gun or not. Reagan didn't support them being in private hands

I don't think you know what he supported or not. The quote you posted was in response to a mass shooting, that's the context part you left out.

He supported the "assault weapons" ban in 1994 which didn't work out very well because it had no affect on reducing crime.

Moonglow : you can buy full auto [class 3] in certain states if you pay the fee and pass the background check . Full auto is pretty rare because as example a regular run of the mill ar15 semi auto will cost about a thousand dollars , A full auto ar15 will cost at least 10 thousand and needs to have been made before 1983 I Think it is . Newly made full auto firearms are only available to government agencies . Think I am accurate !! Full auto are mainly bought as an investment by collectors and they gain value because they are not currently made to be bought and sold by regular gun buyers .

You are correct. Full auto firearms are cost prohibitive to own for most people. For civilians, you may only own one manufactured prior to 1986. In other words, there is a limited supply, and they are only getting older. This has driven the price up to absurd levels. I get the bug to buy one about every five years, then opt against it because they are so pricey. You can find some low end grease guns for around $5K. But the more desirable guns like full auto M16s or full auto Russian AKs are $10k if you are lucky, but will probably retail in the $15-20K range right now. I usually need some work done to my house or have something else to spend the money on that makes more sense than making this purchase.

In my state you have to do the following to own a full auto:

Purchase the gun

Have the gun delivered to the holder of a Class 3 license willing to handle the transfer

Apply for and pass an extensive background check by the ATF, which may take up to one year

Complete forms making certain declarations

Have you local sheriff sign off on the transfer (literally, he has to sign a piece of paper for you...Hope you don't live in a large county where they stay busy)

Take possession of the firearm; pay the Class 3 guy for handling the transfer

Maintain your paperwork

Also, obtain insurance on the piece and keep it under lock and key. If someone steals it and caps some homeys at the liquor store it will be YOUR ass.

In other words, some criminal is not going to do this. They will buy a black market gun with the serial number filed away. They may purchase from someone overseas.

Thus, this is a straw man argument. The only differences between semi auto ARs and AKs and hunting rifles is that the former will take high capacity mags and drums and they look "dangerous".

cheapest full auto I ever saw was a RUGER Ranch rifle or mini 14 . I saw it at a gun store [class 3] and it was going for around 7 thousand . I'm not interested but I have thought of buying a Vietnam Colt as an investment . Problem for me is keeping it safe and secure PBucket so I won't take the chance , too much money and liability .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back