President Supports Assault Weapon Ban

"Machine guns" are already banned. A semi-auto AK-47 is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. If he doesn't believe such weapons are needed for home protection, I'd like to see him order his Secret Service to "ban" the use of semi-auto rifles.

More "do as I say, not as I do" from a progressive sh*tbag liberal.

Since when has Ron Reagan been a progressive shitbag liberal?

Well then he was wrong too. This is the second time you tried it. Unlike progressives we can disagree with people we mostly agree with.
Reagan knew a lot about guns...

He took a bullet after all

Getting shot does not = knowing about guns, or gun rights. Look at Brady. by your logic he should no more about guns then Reagan because he got shot worse.
More than the typical gun nut fantasizing about shootouts with bad guys.......Reagan understood the impact of irresponsible gun ownership

So did Brady

They understood nothing. Again, this was one point Reagan was wrong on.

Whatever happened to the liberal mantra ....democrats dont want to take away your guns?
And here you have rightwinger confirming just that.

Reagan wants to take your guns

except the only gun ban reagan "supported" was a poison pill that Dems used to sabotage a pro gun bill

Obama on the other hand is pushing gun bans

Reagan never pushed nor supported gun bans while in Office

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

Great observation by a great president

"Machine guns" are already banned. A semi-auto AK-47 is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. If he doesn't believe such weapons are needed for home protection, I'd like to see him order his Secret Service to "ban" the use of semi-auto rifles.

You can buy a fully automatic with the right license...
>>>>>>>>>>
a fully automatic what ?

what license does one need ?

where do i get one ?

is it free or is it like a drivers license ?

some how i think you are.....,

wrong again !! :lmao:

The Truth About Assault Weapons

You know rightwinger, you're being a bit of a troll this morning. The title of your thread, and the quote you put up, have nothing to do with each other. On top of that, you didn't source your quote, hoping to play, "gotcha" on the conservative members.

You see, what that law was about, was, FULLY AUTOMATIC MACHINE GUNS.

NOT ASSAULT WEAPONS.

It wasn't about the current "assault weapon," debate. That debate is now over. Let it go. And to be quite honest, the definition of the "assault weapon," that they currently want to restrict is anything that is semi-automatic. Which is, well, just about any gun on the market.

The globalists, which means every person on the planet that isn't American, would love for Americans to not have their guns. Well, it isn't going to happen. They'll have to invade first.

So quit being a douche.

If Reagan were here, he wouldn't give you the time of day.
>>>>>>>>>>>
the title of this thread is in the singular, so, which "assault weapon" is it he wants to ban ? who owns it Gvmt. or a private citizen ? does he have the S/N of that weapon ? finding that one weapon is going to prove very difficult.

liberidiots are so fucking stupid when it comes to guns, ALL guns, they do NOT know what an "Assault Weapon is, The Truth About Assault Weapons , as hard as i have tried to educate them, they still insist on displaying their utter stupidity. :up:

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

The president's entitled to express his opinions, just as is every other Americans, even when he's wrong, as in this case.

Reagan' opinion on weapons is worthless since he had no demonstrated expertise in the field

sort of like you RW

you are full of shit and pretend that crap matters

Whatever happened to the liberal mantra ....democrats dont want to take away your guns?
And here you have rightwinger confirming just that.

Reagan wants to take your guns
>>>>>>>>>
he DOES ???? are you telling us he has arisen from the grave ??

when did this resurrection ocur ? how come you atheist liberfools get the good news first ?

Since when has Ron Reagan been a progressive shitbag liberal?

Well then he was wrong too. This is the second time you tried it. Unlike progressives we can disagree with people we mostly agree with.
Reagan knew a lot about guns...

He took a bullet after all
>>>>>>>>>>
he also played the part of a cowboy in some movies, that alone made him an expert.., right ??

:lmao:

Needless to say there won't be another Federal AWB, consequently the president's opinion is only that, where it's hyperbolic, partisan, and ignorant to claim that the president is seeking to 'disarm' Americans, or otherwise disallow citizens to possess firearms subject to the original Ban – only Congress has that authority, not the president.

You forgot to add, there is no way in hell Congress will ever pass another gun ban. It just will never, ever happen. So why do trolls continue to litter the forum with the useless, idiotic gun control/anti-gun threads? The nation will break apart before they'll ever pass. Isn't that clear by now?

Buy a gun, go out to the shooting range, go hunting. Enjoy your second amendment rights. Be an American for god's sake.

You forgot to add, there is no way in hell Congress will ever pass another gun ban. It just will never, ever happen. So why do trolls continue to litter the forum with the useless, idiotic gun control/anti-gun threads? The nation will break apart before they'll ever pass. Isn't that clear by now?

Buy a gun, go out to the shooting range, go hunting. Enjoy your second amendment rights. Be an American for god's sake.

I am not so confident.

I am not so confident.

Say what?? No, it doesn't serve the gun industry or the gun nuts to admit that you and I are in no danger of having weapons taken away from us. Why, that would be awful if you gun nutters lost the ability to sell fear of losing your weapons. What would you do then?

Finally, some reality

Of course congress will never pass another gun ban. No matter how many are assassinated, how high our murder rate or how many children are massacred

We will just shrug and say.......nothing we can do about it

You can buy a fully automatic with the right license...
>>>>>>>>>>
a fully automatic what ?

what license does one need ?

where do i get one ?

is it free or is it like a drivers license ?

some how i think you are.....,

wrong again !! :lmao:

The Truth About Assault Weapons

You need a license to manufacture or sell a machine gun. You don't need a license to buy a machine gun but you do need to get finger printed and have a passport all on file and pay 200 bucks in taxes for each machine gun you want to buy. IOW they treat you like you are already a future criminal when you buy a machine gun.

Title II weapons, or NFA firearms (weapons requiring a Title 7 or Title 10 Federal Firearms License as well as a Class III Special Occupation Tax to sell, and an ATF Form 4 with $200 tax stamp to purchase[1]), are certain firearms,explosive munitions, and other devices which are federally regulated in the United States by the National Firearms Act(NFA).[2][3] Any violation of the NFA is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[4] Per the National Rifle Association's Summary of Gun Control Act of 1968:[5]

Title II of the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a revision of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and pertains to machine guns, short or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, and so-called "destructive devices" (including grenades, mortars,rocket launchers, large projectiles, and other heavy ordnance). Acquisition of these weapons is subject to prior approval of the Attorney General, and federal registration is required for possession. Generally, a $200 tax is imposed upon each transfer or making of any Title II weapon.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), which enforces federal firearms law, refers to such weapons as "NFA firearms".[6] In addition to machine guns, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, heavy weapons and explosive ordnance, NFA firearms include silencers and "any other weapon" (AOW), such as disguised or improvised firearms.[3] (Title I weapons or GCA firearms are conventional rifles, shotguns and handguns.)

Explosive devices such as bombs or grenades are regulated as NFA firearms (destructive devices). Explosive materials are not considered NFA firearms; they are regulated under the Organized Crime Control Act.[7]

Headline should read... 'President supports assault on our Constitution.'

He's an asshole. Hopefully he'll be thwarted on this one.

The problem is only a handful of people have an actual legal AK-47's or Machine gun. What he wants to do is ban people from owning semi-automatic rifles, which are the most common form of rifle technology currently in use.

What most people refer to as an "AK-47" is actually a semi-auto knockoff of an AKM or an AK-74.

And i find it interesting that he adds home defense as almost an after-thought.

Why, because he put shooting people at the end?

Forum List

Back