President Obama on Trayvon Martin

Those of you screaming about the rights reaction to this whole case but excuse Obamas race injected comments are a hoot. The man that shot him appears to be a minority as well. Not that it matters, I just don't see the need to nationalize race into every god damn issue.

I agree as no one has been charged in the death of the young man. I still find the initial investigation insufficient, but the Grand Jury should address any concerns.

I just did some reading of other comments on this killing and want to change my earlier question to -

Why are the rw's/Repubs not demanding justice? Why is it that only the Libs/Dems/Progressives who are demanding this killing be investigated and the shooter arrested?

The facts that we know include that the shooter went after the teenager and shot him, point blank. We also know that he said the words, "fucking coon" while on his phone to the 9-11 dispatcher and we know that he was known for making 9-11 calls to complain about blacks in his neighborhood.

Even if we didn't know those and other facts, a man shot and killed a kid walking on the street and he should be arrested, investigated and tried for that crime.

WHY are rw whites against that happening?

And now, why are rw's attacking the president for his very appropriate comments?

False Premise.

I like how the president seems to think the prosecution of a state crime is somehow his business. I wonder if there is anything he won't stoop to using as a political football.

I just did some reading of other comments on this killing and want to change my earlier question to -

Why are the rw's/Repubs not demanding justice? Why is it that only the Libs/Dems/Progressives who are demanding this killing be investigated and the shooter arrested?

The facts that we know include that the shooter went after the teenager and shot him, point blank. We also know that he said the words, "fucking coon" while on his phone to the 9-11 dispatcher and we know that he was known for making 9-11 calls to complain about blacks in his neighborhood.

Even if we didn't know those and other facts, a man shot and killed a kid walking on the street and he should be arrested, investigated and tried for that crime.

And now, why are rw's attacking the president for his very appropriate comments?

Fuck you're stupid. My op was a call for justice.

Dumbass

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

Rev Al needs to be Mourning His Mom.

Who says he isn't? What a bullshit post.

No it is not. His Mom's Wake and Funeral should come first. I hope it does.

He couldn't just stop at the first part of his statement below...

“I think every parent in America,” he said, “should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together — federal, state, and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.” He noted that he was glad that the Justice Department had stepped in to investigate the specifics of the case.

No, he had to go on with his "main message", which is to emphasize that as a black man, he possesses a deeper understanding. Just imagine if this incident had happened to a white kid, and a white president made those exact comments.

The first part IS appropriate; it is a newsworthy case. Stepping into the shoes of the victim is NOT the President's job, at this point.

Unless I read it wrong, that is what Sherry is saying.

hoax...

that question was such a plant, so obama could say if i had a son he would look like me... so out of place... was it WH asst. press secretary chuck todd ?

that is so inappropriate for a president to make it racial... and so quick..

this will haunt him like boston...

this is a process of law... it sounds like vigilantism, charges will be filed shortly. people need not to make this about race, even though it smacks of racism on so many levels. think oj, you would want him to get a fair trial.

as we say in vermont, bringing a gun to a situation like this is never a good idea. that's why we have highly trained police.

both sides will learn a lesson. a court will decide all of this based on the facts. "stand your ground" is irrelevant here.

sharpten and jackson are racebaiting antagonistc bottomfeeders in a time when we need a martin luther king.

Your post is sheer idiocy except for one line -

Its true that the "stand your ground" does not apply to this crime.

Your sig is a hoot. Thanks for the chuckle. I hope you birther nutz will stick around. You're always good for a laugh.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?
The firearm was confiscated at the scene and entered into evidence.

At least try to get one or two facts right once in a while, numbnuts.
That particular gun, perhaps. But he can still walk around with a gun, at the moment.

Please cite one prominent rw/republican/conservative that are not asking for an investigation? Your stupid, unthought provoking comment is the hate baiting that you accuse others of. I'm for waiting for ALL the evidence to be gathered and give the guy his day in court.
Why are you not as passionate about bringing hate crime charges to the boys that set another boy on fire? Where have you been about the two women who beat up a guy because of his sexual preference?

The President's comments are not appropriate at this time, he need not weigh in on this matter, let the investigation take it's course. Why risk mistrials by making public comments?

President Obama Comments On Trayvon Martin Case: ‘If I Had A Son, He’d Look Like Trayvon’ | Mediaite

No, he had to go on with his "main message", which is to emphasize that as a black man, he possesses a deeper understanding. Just imagine if this incident had happened to a white kid, and a white president made those exact comments.

Well, that would be stupid, because the situations don't even compare. When does the average white teenager suffer suspicions based on his race?

There are a plethora of cases where white kids have been attacked by blacks just for being white. That does not excuse or justify this incident. We really must get past this whole race thing.

I said "suspicion" not "attacks", plus your "plethora" does not add up to "average". I'm afraid you're changing the subject. My analysis stands, if a white president said the same thing, I'd have to wonder what world he lived in.

The facts are that witnesses saw Zimmerman on the ground struggling with someone on top of him and later Zimmerman back was wet and grass stained and the back of his head and face were bleeding; knowing that changed my idea of what probably occurred.

President Obama Comments On Trayvon Martin Case: ‘If I Had A Son, He’d Look Like Trayvon’ | Mediaite

Well, that would be stupid, because the situations don't even compare. When does the average white teenager suffer suspicions based on his race?

Are you making the point that a black president feels compelled to point out and/or chastise Americans that we need to take special note of THIS incident because of our obvious racist tendencies??

If you felt he was chastising, that's you. I certainly didn't take it that way. Why would I? He was talking about things that are common knowledge and commiserating with a mother. :eusa_eh:

The facts are that witnesses saw Zimmerman on the ground struggling with someone on top of him and later Zimmerman back was wet and grass stained and the back of his head and face were bleeding; knowing that changed my idea of what probably occurred.

So, his victim put up a fight. After all Trayvon was "standing his ground". I don't see how that helps Zimmermann. He ignored an instruction to not follow the kid and actively pursued him. Doesn't look good at all for his chances at remaining a free man.

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

When I read it I took that he was trying to empathize with the family as best as possible, and a statement like that can drive the message home.

On the other hand if you're constantly trying to find an unintended underlying theme it's usually always possible.

When I read it I took that he was trying to empathize with the family as best as possible, and a statement like that can drive the message home.

On the other hand if you're constantly trying to find an unintended underlying theme it's usually always possible.

The underlying theme started when he became president on the promise of being post racial. Reality is the exact opposite.

The President should realize that if he had a son there's a 50% chance
he would look like Michelle...

And at this point I will hit the post quick reply button....and not say anything more.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

You have it the wrong way around.

First, comes the investigations. Then comes the arrest, and then, if there is sufficient evidence... it goes to trial. That is our due process. Everyone - no matter who you are or what your race is - is entitled to the same process. We do not find people guilty with trial by media in this country. Thank (insert relevant deity here) for that.

Bullshit. Investigations do continue after arrest, we do try cases in the media and we do treat blacks differently.

Example of trying a homicide in the media:
Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible For [His] Death As George Zimmerman' (VIDEO)

As he hasn't been convicted of a crime, I don't really have a problem with [Zimmerman buying, carrying a gun].
Uh, he has an arrest record, a very violent past, was known for his pretend neighborhood watch and yet he was able to buy that gun AND he was issued a concealed carry permit. You really don't have a problem with this? What is it with the rw's that don't want people to vote but they do want criminals and the mentally ill to have easy access to guns?

As for the op - if the local law enforcement would do their job, the feds wouldn't have to. But, they made a huge mess of this and now they're resigning. This crime took place in February. I'd say its about time for the feds to step in.

AND, btw, the reason they are is the Shepard hate crime law. The feds do not have a choice because of that law.

MR OBAMA .... TEAR OPEN THAT VAULT..... (IN HAWAII...)

That crazy sig line - [President Obama] SHOW YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE, AND OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE WILL BE OVER....
I wonder if Geraldo knows about the "vault". LOL

Forum List

Back