President Obama gave Best State of the Union speech any President has given so far.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We must all admit. Weather you like President Obama or not. Whether you are a Republican or Democrat. Last night State of the Union speech was the best Presidential
speech to a nation that I have ever heard or seen.! I lost count of the many standing ovations and applause that he was receiving from the spectators that were present.

I must say President Obama had me hypnotized last night. This President Obama is a great public speaker. He is beginning to convince me with regards to his policies.
And I am a Republican.!

Last edited:
We must all admit. Weather you like President Obama or not. Weather you are a Republican or Democrat. Last night State of the Union speech was the best Presidential
speech to a nation that I have ever heard or seen.! I lost count of the many standing ovations and applause that he was receiving from the spectators that were present.

I must say President Obama had me hypnotized last night. This President Obama is a great public speaker. He is beginning to convince me with regards to his policies.
And I am a Republican.!

You need to get out more... I bet you buy a lot of shit from door-to-door salesmen.:lol:

We must all admit. Weather you like President Obama or not. Weather you are a Republican or Democrat. Last night State of the Union speech was the best Presidential

And I am a Republican.!

You need to get out more... I bet you buy a lot of shit from door-to-door salesmen.:lol:

also must buy and drink a lot of purple kool-aid from democrat kool-aid stands. A mind is a horrible thing to waste!!!

And I am a Republican.!

also must buy and drink a lot of purple kool-aid from democrat kool-aid stands. A mind is a horrible thing to waste!!!

Cool-Aide was the only drink I could afford at the time. Ever read the ingredients on a package of Cool-Aide? , its like a chapter in a Book!!:eek:

And I am a Republican.!

the weather had nothing to do with it. It was a beautiful night here and I still hated his speech. Cliches and quotes from other speeches.

Whether democrat or republican, we were still fed more bullshit

And I am a Republican.!

I've listened to many of Obama's speeches, this was by far one of his worse. Although there were a few points I actually agreed with, like when he boasted how taxes let people keep their money so they could spend more, and to allow off shore drilling for oil. But they completely contradict his track record and thus he came off sounding like a used car salesman just telling me what I want to hear. He also sounded like he was lecturing Congress as if they are a bunch of children and needed to be told why they are there. Then there was his cheap shots at the SCOTUS, which was completely out of line since they are a completely separate branch of government.

And I am a Republican.!

Please tell me that you are joking or were extremely drunk.

But they completely contradict his track record and thus he came off sounding like a used car salesman just telling me what I want to hear.
Exactly. If Obama came out and proposed what he truly wanted, his approval ratings would probably drop by 15% instantly. His policies clearly dictate that he wants higher taxes, bigger government and more control of the health care industry and banking industry.

I'm sure he'll be more than ready to deliver on spending freezes and lower taxes, just as soon as he makes good on his promise to broadcast health care negotiations on C-SPAN.

I've listened to quite a few SOTU speeched in my life and this one was no better than most I've heard

It took the man 70 minutes to say the following:

'I will create the perfect world with food on every table, a roof over every head, a job in every household, no new taxes, decrease in unemployment, work toward a balanced budget, and lower our national debt.'

Two things...

First...a State of the Union is for the President to inform Congress as to how he sees the state of the union....not to say what he WILL do.

Second.....exactly what President would not want all of the above? I mean....great vision Mr. President.....but exactly how do you plan to acheive such a utopia?

I mean...if it were possible, doncha think some other country would have already found the way?

Sorry....State of the Union address? Nope. Campaign speech is more like it.

And I am a Republican.!

..... someone quit taking their medication

Sure.....if you like a president pitting entities against each other, class warfare, calling out tv pundits for not agreeing with him, arrogance, condescension, and whatnot.

Sure.....if you like a president pitting entities against each other, class warfare, calling out tv pundits for not agreeing with him, arrogance, condescension, and whatnot.

Not to mention that as an international audience of millions watched, he put into question the inegrity of our supreme court...and he did it obviously without understanding the ruling and the law that was affected by the ruling.

He must have been slapped around last night by his advisors.....I mean...he actually said something about that ruling and the law it affected......by citing the wrong law!

We must all admit. Weather you like President Obama or not. Whether you are a Republican or Democrat. Last night State of the Union speech was the best Presidential

And I am a Republican.!
Troll

Forum List

Back