Pres Obama just called on congress to end oil subsidies

He is trying to bring down gas prices while the pubs work to keep prices high.

Just one more reason for the rw's to want to get wealthy Mittens in the white house so our taxes can subsidies going to Big Business.

Idiot gullible dupes.

What about all the other industries in this country that receive subsidies?

Or were you under the impression that oil companies were the only ones?

And just how will cutting these subsidies cut gas prices? seems to me they'll just make up the cash at the pumps.

While you're at it, could please explain why Obama voted in 2005 to continue the very same subsidies he now wants cut...

And just how will cutting these subsidies cut gas prices? seems to me they'll just make up the cash at the pumps. ~ hjmick
Are you against user fees? seems to me our non-energy policy has us over a barrel --- either gasoline users pay at the pump or taxpayers give up money from our revenue stream -- (which BTW is, as a percent of GDP, the lowest it's been since 1950) -- IOW's pay me here or pay me there -- butchyer gonna pay.

In 2008 McCain got significantly more in campaign bribes from the oil and gas industry than Obama did and, and according to the Center on Responsive Politics, about three quarters of all oil and gas campaign bribes have gone to Republicans since 1990.

Just one more reason for the rw's to want to get wealthy Mittens in the white house so our taxes can subsidies going to Big Business.

Idiot gullible dupes.

And just how will cutting these subsidies cut gas prices? seems to me they'll just make up the cash at the pumps.

While you're at it, could please explain why Obama voted in 2005 to continue the very same subsidies he now wants cut...

And just how will cutting these subsidies cut gas prices? seems to me they'll just make up the cash at the pumps. ~ hjmick
Are you against user fees? seems to me our non-energy policy has us over a barrel --- either gasoline users pay at the pump or taxpayers give up money from our revenue stream -- (which BTW is, as a percent of GDP, the lowest it's been since 1950) -- IOW's pay me here or pay me there -- butchyer gonna pay.

In 2008 McCain got significantly more in campaign bribes from the oil and gas industry than Obama did and, and according to the Center on Responsive Politics, about three quarters of all oil and gas campaign bribes have gone to Republicans since 1990.

I already pay my taxes, that's money gone. If subsidies are cut, will my taxes be lower? No, but my gas prices will probably be higher and I'll still be paying the same taxes.

McCain (for whom I did not vote) may have received more oil money, but Obama (for whom I also did not vote) did receive some...

I already pay my taxes, that's money gone. If subsidies are cut, will my taxes be lower? No, but my gas prices will probably be higher and I'll still be paying the same taxes.

McCain (for whom I did not vote) may have received more oil money, but Obama (for whom I also did not vote) did receive some...

Katayusha! --- went right over your head.

Are you retreating from your accusation that "He [Obama] was just making sure they'd be willing to donate to his campaign two years later..."

What ever happened to that wet dream when Obama got elected? The one where America stopped being dependent on foreign oil, everyone started driving electric or hydrogen powered cars, and America switched to wind and solar power, pulled out of the wars, and closed down Guantanamo? :lol:

That's right, he spent all Americas money on a bailout, a 'healthcare plan', continuing two wars that America has lost, while Americans lost their jobs, and the banks he bailed out foreclosed all the homes and farms, and took their million dollar bonuses.

If Obama wants to end corporate welfare, subsidies, and open the door to the free market, he is too damn late. If he gets another term, this will be his last, who thought electing a President worse than Bush was possible? America did it again. :cuckoo:

Yeah, they do have us over a barrel don't they.

Katayusha! --- went right over your head.

Are you retreating from your accusation that "He [Obama] was just making sure they'd be willing to donate to his campaign two years later..."

Not retreating from anything. You did not qoute that post, while I do believe that is one underlying reason he voted, my response to snakedoc, the post to which you are referring, was mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Idiot gullible dupes.

You're so ignorant and full of shit it's embarrassing. Obamas EPA policies are restricting the production of oil and gas, which lowers the supply and in the end increases demand and the prices go up. The GOP are not increasing the price of fuel, obamas policies are. It's simple supply side economics, you should study it and figure it out for yourself sometime. But you keep going on with your left wing propaganda, we enjoy the entertainment.
It's funny how when the price of fuel went up under Bush it was all Bush's fault, but under Obama it's the GOP in the house.

Obama's policies are succeeding in weaning America off foreign oil, at this rate we simply will not have enough money in the wheel barrow to pay for a gallon of gas. But heck we don't need to retain our standard of living, it's time to live like the rest of the world, hand to mouth! talk about unfit to serve, this whole group of enlightened ass holes need to join the ranks of the unemployed.

If I were an oil company executive, I would quitely let Mitch McConnel know that if my oil companies corporate tax welfare did not double, that the price of a gallon of gas would have to go up.......and up.......and up.

Cause you need big tax breaks when you reap record profits.

And the record profits just keep on coming. Year after year.

Is 'Mercia greaat or what?

Plutocracy; guvmint of the rich by the rich for the rich.

If I were an oil company executive, I would quitely let Mitch McConnel know that if my oil companies corporate tax welfare did not double, that the price of a gallon of gas would have to go up.......and up.......and up.

This is why you aren't an oil company executive, dipshit. :lmao:

You do realize that the federal governmnet makes a hell of a lot more off a gallon of gas then Exxon/Mobile does, don't you?

Yeah... of course you do....

You do realize that the federal governmnet makes a hell of a lot more off a gallon of gas then Exxon/Mobile does, don't you?

Yeah... of course you do....

Store owners make between 5-10 cents a gallon
Oil companies make between 4 and 9 cents a gallon on refined gasoline
States make, on average, 23 cents a gallon on gas (my state makes 27.5)
Federal government takes 18 cents a gallon.

So yeah the states and the feds make more in profit, per gallon, off of gas than both station owners and those who sell refined gasoline.

"Chevron posted a modest 4.2 percent increase in first-quarter profits compared to 2011, increasing net gains from $6.2 billion to $6.5 billion. That still translates to more than $71 million per day in the first three months of 2012.

Despite a drop in production, a 12 percent increase in average oil prices boosted Chevron’s profits this quarter."

:eusa_whistle:

"Chevron posted a modest 4.2 percent increase in first-quarter profits compared to 2011, increasing net gains from $6.2 billion to $6.5 billion. That still translates to more than $71 million per day in the first three months of 2012.

Despite a drop in production, a 12 percent increase in average oil prices boosted Chevron’s profits this quarter."

:eusa_whistle:

At least they paid taxes. GE on the other hand...

Idiot gullible dupes.

Fucking moron. You and the President.

If he wants to bring down oil prices (he doesn't), then he can stop taxing the ever living shit out of it AND

he can increase domestic production in a heart beat.

Forum List

Back