Pres Carter Says, Yes, Racism is Alive and Well

I have more conservative views than liberal views, but I consider myself to be an independent.

No, you would be a conservative. Now back to the Conservative Coalition. Why do you suppose both Democrats and Republicans united to oppose civil rights under the banner of CONSERVATISM?

As much as I'd like to debate shit that has happend 40 or 50 years ago, I think I'll pass. I'd much rather debate current events. And FTR I'm an independent.

Of course you'll pass, Lone, the facts of that particular debate would not support the "point" you were after in your own post.

Racism in this country is historically a geographical issue. The Civil War attests to this. Its no secret that historically the South is where racism lived, festered, grew and thrived. Yes, at one point the SOUTHERN Dems were racist, but notice the party that courted them and accepts them today. Its not t he Democrats. There is a reason why the term "White Southern Male" exists. Joe Wilson, another White Southern Male. Again...no surprise. The Republican base is in the South. No surprise. Now I'm not saying that ALL Republicans are racists, but I am saying that today, if you're a racist, you're most likely a member of the Republican party and they welcome you with open arms.

Oh really? then perhaps you Demoncwats can explain to us why all the big race riots occur in the Democwat bastion such as Chicago, LA, SF. if democwats tweet them so well why do they riot?

Excellent point :clap2::clap2:

Can you define what you mean by "race riots" please?

Also can you go into the specifics that lead to these so-called "race riots.?"

Thanks.

I agree with your point about the use of "Indonesian Muslim"as an epithet (PC hate in the "war against Tara"), but no don't forget the "welfare thug." "Welfare" and "thug" have ever been republican code for "black." Look back in time to the political use of "welfare queen" and "Willie Horton" to stir the pot and call up the basest prejudices and fears of white "conservatives."

Bullshit, people who want reform, and bitch about welfare abuse, and the career collectors, don't give a fuck about the color and/or race of said criminal.
Of course I'm talking about the majority of people, not the odd nut that you "nuts" like to focus on.

How old are you? I'm not being nasty, I'm just trying to assess your frame of reference.

Old enough to remember it being embarrassing to walk into the welfare office.

No, you would be a conservative. Now back to the Conservative Coalition. Why do you suppose both Democrats and Republicans united to oppose civil rights under the banner of CONSERVATISM?

As much as I'd like to debate shit that has happend 40 or 50 years ago, I think I'll pass. I'd much rather debate current events. And FTR I'm an independent.

Of course you'll pass, Lone, the facts of that particular debate would not support the "point" you were after in your own post.

I made my points and it's historical fact. The democrats have not been for the poor black people and history proves it. Now you want to debate historical facts? Numbnuts wants to debate Goldwater? The only thing you people want to do is change the subject because there is no way you can defend Acorn or Obama for that matter. Nice try but I'm not taking the bait. Now, if you can prove the facts I presented are wrong then by al lmeans have at it, if not then move on to more current affairs.

Many people had a people with Bush because he was WHITE!

Busllshit again. Most people who had a problem with him had a problem with his incompetence and his arrogance.

Your statement would be just as true for all the former white presidents.

Please read what I am writing. I am not saying everyone who disagrees with him is a racist, that is bullshit some are using to attack my statement. I expect that. The right is great with death panels, killing your grammy, birthers etc. to distract from the real message.

I am saying that a certain (don't know how large or small) number of people in this country hate Obama based primarily on the fact that he is black.

The comment about why is it the white house was sarcasm? Please don't be humor impaired.

The pictures of the Whitehouse with a front lawn of watermelons is racist. The pictures of the Obama family in African garb in the White house are racist.\

I will see if I have the time to post some of the racist shit going around right now.

Some folks of the paler persuasion can't deal with the fact a black man is president. That is a sad state of affairs for the year 2009.

Thanks.

A race riot or racial riot is an outbreak of violent civil disorder (i.e. a riot) in which race is a key factor. The term had entered the English language in the United States by the 1890s. Until 1968 the use of the term in the United States referred to race riots which were often a mob action by members of the majority racial group against people of other races.

1908 Aug 18, 1908 - After a day of peace, rioting started again in Springfield late to-night. There has been shooting in half a dozen places on the West Side, ... Deneen to-night issued six , one for each violent death during the riots, offering a reynard of $200 for evidence which would leathe conviction ...
From TROOPS FIRED ON BY RACE RIOTERS; Night Outbreak in Springfield After … - Related web pages
select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res ...

1917 Jul 8, 1917 - I:ut the' wast,done:v.and to the constantly mounting :passion . of. race prejudice was' that of union York=' men jealous.of their privileges. ... w The generally accepted belief among the whites is that they were to attack the white residence ' district ' izi--revenge Eor. the riot ...
From RACE RIOTS LAID TO LAX POLICE RULE; East St. Louis, with a … - Related web pages

1919 Jul 28, 1919 - Two negroes were killed and about fifty were injured, several probably fatally, when race rioting started at South Side beaches here this afternoon and spread into the heart of the Black Belt. Among the known wounded were two policemen and three women. ...
From 2 KILLED, 50 HURT IN FURIOUS RACE RIOTS IN CHICAGO; Negroes Are … - Related web pages

1943 Jun 22, 1943 - Henry S. Aurand of the 6th service command in Chicago dispatched the troops to Detroit to suppress the race rioting. ... A scene from yesterday s race riots in Detroit. A Negro's automobile, having been set afire, is blowing up and showering a passenger filled street car with flames. ...
From ARMY RULES DETROIT; 23 DIE - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access ...

1964 Jul 27, 1964 - Governor Rockefeller called out more than 1000 National Guardsmen last night to help in ending racial rioting here. Associated Press Wirephoto SHOW OF FORCE: National Guardsmen, seated in truck, are driven through trouble spots on arrival in Rochester. ROCKEFELLER ACTS 120 Seized in ...
From … ROCHESTER TO HELP HALT RACE RIOTS; ROCKEFELLER ACTS 120 … - Related web pages

1965 Sep 1, 1965 - A sociologist who has studied 76 race riots in the United States in the 50 years up thru 1963 described five "factors" yesterday which he said may ... Lieberson asserted his study, begun last year, had produced findings which did not support "commonly advanced ideas" that race riots ...
From PROF REPORTS ON RACE RIOTS OVER 50 YEARS - Related web pages

1967 Jul 14, 1967 - Many ef the rioters used guns seized in the looted stores. So many fires broke out that firemen could not handle them. More Than 300 Jailed ... "T he from a serious disturbance to a riot," Addonizio told the gov- ernor. Snipers took potshots at police from buildings and rooftops. ...
From Call Troops in Newark Race Riots - Related web pages

1969 May 14, 1969 - Mobs of Chinese and Malays beat more than 30 persons to death and set at least 200 fires yesterday and today in the worst racial rioting this ... The Chinese have long accused the Malays, who con- trol the government, of favor- ing their own race by way of educational, employment, ...
From 30 ARE KILLED IN MALAYSIAN RACE RIOTING - Related web pages

1992 May 5, 1992 - But if this nation's long and unhappy history of urban race riots shows anything, it's that rebuilding can take decades. Or forever. Says Newark Mayor Sharpe James: ``We are living proof that riots destroy cities.'' THE NATION;See info box at end of text. Watts, 1965. ...
From After the RIOTS // No simple answers in rebuilding a community - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday/access/56201856 ...

2001 May 29, 2001 - Violence breaks out overnight in this third day of race riots as 50 white youths headed towards Godwick estate, a mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi area, are confronted by police. 18 white youths and three Asian youths are arrested, 15 police are injured. Minor rioting and vandalism ...
From Oldham timeline - Related web pages
Oldham timeline | World news | guardian.co.uk

Thanks.

A race riot or racial riot is an outbreak of violent civil disorder (i.e. a riot) in which race is a key factor. The term had entered the English language in the United States by the 1890s. Until 1968 the use of the term in the United States referred to race riots which were often a mob action by members of the majority racial group against people of other races.

1908 Aug 18, 1908 - After a day of peace, rioting started again in Springfield late to-night. There has been shooting in half a dozen places on the West Side, ... Deneen to-night issued six , one for each violent death during the riots, offering a reynard of $200 for evidence which would leathe conviction ...
From TROOPS FIRED ON BY RACE RIOTERS; Night Outbreak in Springfield After … - Related web pages

1917 Jul 8, 1917 - I:ut the' wast,done:v.and to the constantly mounting :passion . of. race prejudice was' that of union York=' men jealous.of their privileges. ... w The generally accepted belief among the whites is that they were to attack the white residence ' district ' izi--revenge Eor. the riot ...
From RACE RIOTS LAID TO LAX POLICE RULE; East St. Louis, with a … - Related web pages

1919 Jul 28, 1919 - Two negroes were killed and about fifty were injured, several probably fatally, when race rioting started at South Side beaches here this afternoon and spread into the heart of the Black Belt. Among the known wounded were two policemen and three women. ...
From 2 KILLED, 50 HURT IN FURIOUS RACE RIOTS IN CHICAGO; Negroes Are … - Related web pages

1943 Jun 22, 1943 - Henry S. Aurand of the 6th service command in Chicago dispatched the troops to Detroit to suppress the race rioting. ... A scene from yesterday s race riots in Detroit. A Negro's automobile, having been set afire, is blowing up and showering a passenger filled street car with flames. ...
From ARMY RULES DETROIT; 23 DIE - Related web pages

1964 Jul 27, 1964 - Governor Rockefeller called out more than 1000 National Guardsmen last night to help in ending racial rioting here. Associated Press Wirephoto SHOW OF FORCE: National Guardsmen, seated in truck, are driven through trouble spots on arrival in Rochester. ROCKEFELLER ACTS 120 Seized in ...
From … ROCHESTER TO HELP HALT RACE RIOTS; ROCKEFELLER ACTS 120 … - Related web pages

1965 Sep 1, 1965 - A sociologist who has studied 76 race riots in the United States in the 50 years up thru 1963 described five "factors" yesterday which he said may ... Lieberson asserted his study, begun last year, had produced findings which did not support "commonly advanced ideas" that race riots ...
From PROF REPORTS ON RACE RIOTS OVER 50 YEARS - Related web pages

1967 Jul 14, 1967 - Many ef the rioters used guns seized in the looted stores. So many fires broke out that firemen could not handle them. More Than 300 Jailed ... "T he from a serious disturbance to a riot," Addonizio told the gov- ernor. Snipers took potshots at police from buildings and rooftops. ...
From Call Troops in Newark Race Riots - Related web pages

1969 May 14, 1969 - Mobs of Chinese and Malays beat more than 30 persons to death and set at least 200 fires yesterday and today in the worst racial rioting this ... The Chinese have long accused the Malays, who con- trol the government, of favor- ing their own race by way of educational, employment, ...
From 30 ARE KILLED IN MALAYSIAN RACE RIOTING - Related web pages

1992 May 5, 1992 - But if this nation's long and unhappy history of urban race riots shows anything, it's that rebuilding can take decades. Or forever. Says Newark Mayor Sharpe James: ``We are living proof that riots destroy cities.'' THE NATION;See info box at end of text. Watts, 1965. ...
From After the RIOTS // No simple answers in rebuilding a community - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday/access/56201856 ...

2001 May 29, 2001 - Violence breaks out overnight in this third day of race riots as 50 white youths headed towards Godwick estate, a mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi area, are confronted by police. 18 white youths and three Asian youths are arrested, 15 police are injured. Minor rioting and vandalism ...
From Oldham timeline - Related web pages
Oldham timeline | World news | guardian.co.uk

WOW now theres a facts smackdown if i ever read one :)

Someone just got PWNED

Like Robert Byrd? Who just happens to be a democrat!...I'm gonna show this one more time for you idiots, (especially Chris) now pay attention!!!

The Democrats

Our nation's top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.

The Republicans

Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Rights legislation:

1. The Emancipation Proclamation
2. The 13th Amendment
3. The 14th Amendment
4. The 15th Amendment
5. The Reconstruction Act of 1867
6. The Civil Rights of 1866
7. The Enforcement Act of 1870
8. The Forced Act of 1871
9. The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
10. The Civil Rights Act of 1875
11. The Freeman Bureau
12. The Civil Rights Act of 1957
13. The Civil Rights Act of 1960
14. The United State Civil Rights Commission

And gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the following legislation

15. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
17. The Voting Rights Act of 1965
18. The 1968 Civil Rights Acts
19. The Equal Opportunity Act of 1972
20. Goals and Timetables for Affirmative Action Programs
21. Comprehensive Employment Training Act of 1973
22. Voting Rights Act of Amendment of 1982
23. Civil Rights Act of 1983
24. Federal Contract Compliance and Workforce Development Act of 1988

Why is that relevant? Do you get credit or blame for things your grandfather did?

It isn't even family related. Have Lone explain why the dixicrats abandoned the democrat party, how, when, and why party ideology did a pole reversal because of the cultural revolution, voting rights, and jim crow laws.

Yeah, let's just ignore the huge down slope after he took office. :lol:

I guess the current unemployment rate is then wholly owned by Obama since it has continued to increase since he took office?

Last edited:
Did you happen to see that Osama Bin Laden is promoting Jimmy Carter's book, I forget the name of it, what a great marketing idea.:lol::lol: During the Carter years we had 22% unemployment, 13% inflation and if you had anything left and wanted to buy a home you paid 21% interest rates. Then the Iran debaucle.

He was a complete and total failure as President, there are people who are still having a party because he is gone. Now he is out there accusing people of being racists because they dissagree with the policies and the agenda of this President. Why am I not surprised, what a freggin moron.

He lost in a major landslide election to Ronald Reagan and I will never forget Carter's wife getting up there in Reagan's second term and calling him evil, when the great majority of this country loved him for bringing this country off of their butts in unemployment lines, and getting America back to work. Carter ws beaten so badly that they announced Reagan's victory before the polls had closed in California.

YOU LIE!
CON$ are pathological liars! Double digit Unemployment was a gift from St Ronnie!!! Carter inherited UE at a 7.8% rate from Ford and passed a 7.2% UE rate to Reagan who promptly gave us 10 months of double digit UE. UE never exceeded 7.8% during Carter's term and only equaled that amount for just one month.

And Interest rates peaked during Reagan not Carter.
fhfb_contract_rate.gif
and of course YOU LIE
Reagans term didnt start till jan 1981 and unemployment was above 10% already

As I have said many times, when CON$ are caught lying they simply make up more lies.
Poor DumbCon can't handle the truth about his almighty God, St Ronnie, so he is reduced to lying and neg rep, because after he googled Carter's and Reagan's UE rates he confirmed I am absolutely correct.
Thank you for the neg rep, every time I get it right you neg rep me. Thank you again.

I don't suppose you would be willing to back up YOUR LIE with some money rather than your worthless neg rep and even more worthless personal reputation???
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So when Goldwater voted against the civil rights act of 1964, and then won the REPUBLICAN nomination in 1964, and then pretty much won the formerly solidly Democratic South,

what did that have to do with?
Do you understand why Goldwater voted against the act?

Not because he didn't want civil rights, he believed it was a mistake to try and regulate feelings, that if such an act was forced that it would always leave a wedge between the races.

Like the wedge that still exits.

All your chart proves is that it topped out right after he took office and then dropped dramtically afterwards. The steady climb was all during Carter's term, and somehow you think your chart proves your point? Fascinating, really. :lol:

All your chart proves is that it topped out right after he took office and then dropped dramtically afterwards. The steady climb was all during Carter's term, and somehow you think your chart proves your point? Fascinating, really. :lol:

That chart is mortgage interest rates not unemployment.

Either way, they fell dramatically right after Reagan took office.

Either way, they fell dramatically right after Reagan took office.

The inflation of the 1970s came about primarily because Fed chairman Arthur Burns gunned the money supply to get Richard Nixon re-elected in 1972. Eventually Carter appointed Paul Volcker to head the FED.
It was Volcker's tight monetary policy, opposed by Reagan, that brought down inflation. After Volcker succeeded in taming Nixon's runaway inflation with high interest rates, Reagan appointed Alan Greenspan, and the rest is current history.

Willow: I asked for facts so that I can properly answer your question. If you want to be silly and play games then thats on you.

LOLing @ "facts smackdown" Ok, yeah...whutevah!

roflmao.gif

Comparing Michelle Obama to an escaped gorilla - No racism.

Put a tax on salt because it's white and works - no racism

Denying racism is not a frigging fix for it.

For some Americans, the uncivil war never ended and the slaves were not freed.

If you don't agree with that, so be it.

Sigh, I'm a progressive, and I have to say, with all due respect, that Jimmy Carter needs to shut the hell up.

Forum List

Back