Pres Carter Says, Yes, Racism is Alive and Well

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by rayboyusmc, Sep 15, 2009.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I know the right hates Jimmy Peanut, but he's right on this issue. Some Americans don't like the fact a Black man is president.

A lot of the shit being slung at Obama is racist hate and the inability to accept him as the lawful president of the US of A. Why else would they call it the White House?:eusa_whistle:

This country is afraid to honestly discuss race. We have no problem, nothing to see here, keep moving folks.:eusa_liar:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    will you go out on a limb and predict the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, raybo?

tremendous insight, ace, just tremendous.
    next you'll be telling me there's trouble with the economy.

windowlicker

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Let's make some clarifications here.

First of all, whites are rightly afraid to discuss race BECAUSE ANYTHING THEY SAY WILL GET THEM SLAPPED DOWN AS A RACIST.

Blacks aren't afraid to discuss a fucking THING because ANYTHING THEY SAY WILL BE LAUDED AS RIGHTEOUS TRUTH.

Second of all, the "problem" of which you complain is that white people dare to exist without constantly apologizing to everyone else. The "solution" you seek is get rid of whites.

No can do, hombre.

What YOU are afraid of is a white race ready to stand up for itself. Be afraid!:evil::evil::evil:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  4. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    I say be armed, be very armed.

5. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Hosrse shit pure and simple. Nice cop out.

That makes as much sense as the Republican congresswoman who recently pointed out that Thomas Sowell was against Obama's health care plan...................

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Actually, I find the recent development of calling anyone who disagrees with the President a racist incredibly worrisome for a couple of reasons...

Either non-racist people who oppose Obama are going to get so fed up with the media, politicians, etc. telling them they are racist every time that they open their mouths against the President that they will start shrugging off the term, "Oh sure...I'm racist...yep, thats me...you've called me it 800 times because I had the audacity to say I didn't want a single-payer option in healthcare, so I guess I am." which will minimize the negative stigma that TRUE RACISM should receive. When you call EVERYONE a racist...the true racists will just look like one more part of the norm, rather than being pointed out as the close-minded a-holes they really are...

OR

Average people who oppose Obama's policies are going to become afraid of being called a racist...which is, afterall, one of the worst things you can be called in our society today and almost impossible to refute. In fact, when someone tries to "prove" they aren't racist they almost always come across looking more racist than when they started (i.e. the "I have black friends." defense). With more and more people being unwilling to say "I think the President is wrong about this," for fear of being unfairly labeled "racist," the moderate opposition (you know, the ones that everyone says they WANT to come to the table with their ideas) will leave the debate, leaving only the crazy fringe behind.

In my opinion, the race card is being RIDICULOUSLY overplayed for the Obama Administration. Most of the signs at the rally were not racist...they were rude...there's a difference. Shouting out at our President in the Senate is not racist. The action is childish, unprofessional, and pathetic...but not racist. Is Wilson a racist? I have no clue...but I'm going to err on the side of calling out REAL racism and giving it the proper stigma it should receive...rather that harping on every possible instance of "implied" or "covert" racism until anyone who has the audacity to do anything other than bow when Obama walks by is labeled as such.

If we don't recognize the danger in using the racism card over and over and over again...we're going to end up with an even bigger chasm between us and Obama will not have been the President who helped us come together...but rather the President who sat and watched and allowed his supporters to use his race to tear us apart.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  7. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Looking at that right now....wow.

8. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    *facepalm*

Perhaps, just perhaps, because it is painted white?

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. probus

probus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    what about "racism"?-- who commits more crime and who pays more and why?-- we have an African-American President but that seems to be not good enough, that a black man has made it to the pinnacle of power in this nation-- why is it "racist" to question his policies?-- he comes from where he comes and he is what he is-- why can't the "people" question him?-- just because he's won the election doesn't mean he can spend the peoples' money any way he wants-- no one needs to talk about what this administration has all ready "spent" as we all know-- enough is enough-- u wanna talk about racism, I'm right here-- Regards, probus

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Fuck Carter. He was a piece of shit President, and 30 years later is STILL a piece of shit. WHo gives a fuck what he has to say besides morons like you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2