18. The 1968 Civil Rights Acts
19. The Equal Opportunity Act of 1972
20. Goals and Timetables for Affirmative Action Programs
21. Comprehensive Employment Training Act of 1973
22. Voting Rights Act of Amendment of 1982
23. Civil Rights Act of 1983
24. Federal Contract Compliance and Workforce Development Act of 1988

Are you a conservative?

Do you know what the bi-partisan opposition to civil rights legislation of the 50's and 60's called themselves?

The Conservative Coalition.

lol

I have more conservative views than liberal views, but I consider myself to be an independent.

Gunny, going through mental pause?:lol: Carter didn't leave US in as much shit as Bush did.

Actually, I find the recent development of calling anyone who disagrees with the President a racist incredibly worrisome for a couple of reasons...

This thread never said anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. That is another smoke and mirror from the right. Just like messiah shit your side posts and blames on the left.

I am posting, because I have had folks say that there is "no" racism" involved on the right against Obama. That is bullshit.

As to one of the earlier posts, Probus, the money was first spent under Bush and then continued under Obama. There are some other folks in DC who are also responsible for some of this spending, not just the president.

Otherwise your post confirms some of my beliefs.:(

When I say: THERE ARE NO LEFIST AMERICANS! That is PRECISELY about which I am speaking!

And that, Pogo, is why you are not a real American yourself. You are a conservative bigot who believes that only you know the truth. You don't.

At least I have the brains to know that I don't know all the answers and that there are conservatives who are just as Patriotic as I am.

so go play with your demogogery, Little Mind.:lol:

I know the right hates Jimmy Peanut, but he's right on this issue. Some Americans don't like the fact a Black man is president.

A lot of the shit being slung at Obama is racist hate and the inability to accept him as the lawful president of the US of A. Why else would they call it the White House?:eusa_whistle:

This country is afraid to honestly discuss race. We have no problem, nothing to see here, keep moving folks.:eusa_liar:

I will give you the premise that some Americans don't like a black president based solely on the fact that he is black...this is true. Just as true as the fact that many didn't like that we have had only white presidents, based on the fact that they have been white.

They call it the "White House" Because the house is actually white :eusa_whistle:

Now Carter saying that Wilson is a racist because he yelled out liar shows Carter's bigotry against white southerners. He just assumes the guy is a racist because he yelled out liar during the speech, when in fact the congressman felt like Obama was lying and yelled it out (breaking the rules of decorum much like has happened to many past presidents with booing throughout their speeches).

To me this shows Carter is prejudiced against anyone speaking out against obama, his prejudice is that if they are speaking out they must be racist.

Hows that for a little morning injection of common sense.

Last edited:
Did you happen to see that Osama Bin Laden is promoting Jimmy Carter's book, I forget the name of it, what a great marketing idea.:lol::lol: During the Carter years we had 22% unemployment, 13% inflation and if you had anything left and wanted to buy a home you paid 21% interest rates. Then the Iran debaucle.

He was a complete and total failure as President, there are people who are still having a party because he is gone. Now he is out there accusing people of being racists because they dissagree with the policies and the agenda of this President. Why am I not surprised, what a freggin moron.

He lost in a major landslide election to Ronald Reagan and I will never forget Carter's wife getting up there in Reagan's second term and calling him evil, when the great majority of this country loved him for bringing this country off of their butts in unemployment lines, and getting America back to work. Carter ws beaten so badly that they announced Reagan's victory before the polls had closed in California.

YOU LIE!
CON$ are pathological liars! Double digit Unemployment was a gift from St Ronnie!!! Carter inherited UE at a 7.8% rate from Ford and passed a 7.2% UE rate to Reagan who promptly gave us 10 months of double digit UE. UE never exceeded 7.8% during Carter's term and only equaled that amount for just one month.

And Interest rates peaked during Reagan not Carter.
fhfb_contract_rate.gif
and of course YOU LIE
Reagans term didnt start till jan 1981 and unemployment was above 10% already

Take a closer look at the tippity top of that graph. Its just above 1982.

uh, what exactly was racist about that?
and that video was poorly titled as well
cooper did nothing of the sort :lol:
(yes i know you didnt title the video)

the guy called Obama a Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug. now forget the welfare thug part. but he's using Indonesian Muslim as if it's some kinda of insult. He obviously thinks Indonesians and Muslims are like dirt of something.

And the title is dead on.

I agree with your point about the use of "Indonesian Muslim"as an epithet (PC hate in the "war against Tara"), but no don't forget the "welfare thug." "Welfare" and "thug" have ever been republican code for "black." Look back in time to the political use of "welfare queen" and "Willie Horton" to stir the pot and call up the basest prejudices and fears of white "conservatives."

Last edited:
I know the right hates Jimmy Peanut, but he's right on this issue. Some Americans don't like the fact a Black man is president.

A lot of the shit being slung at Obama is racist hate and the inability to accept him as the lawful president of the US of A. Why else would they call it the White House?:eusa_whistle:

This country is afraid to honestly discuss race. We have no problem, nothing to see here, keep moving folks.:eusa_liar:

Many people had a problem with Bush because he was WHITE!

What people like Jimmy Peanut and the left who scream racism is there are 200 million non-latino whites in this country. A national election can only be won with a good proportion of their votes. Obama killed McCain. Only a rational person can attribute that win to winning over the WHITE vote!

Last edited:
Carter is right to call out the racists.

The vitriol against Obama is somewhat racially motivatied. Old white Southerners mostly.

It's pretty obvious.

Like Robert Byrd? Who just happens to be a democrat!...I'm gonna show this one more time for you idiots, (especially Chris) now pay attention!!!

The Democrats

Our nation's top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.

The Republicans

Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Rights legislation:

1. The Emancipation Proclamation
2. The 13th Amendment
3. The 14th Amendment
4. The 15th Amendment
5. The Reconstruction Act of 1867
6. The Civil Rights of 1866
7. The Enforcement Act of 1870
8. The Forced Act of 1871
9. The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
10. The Civil Rights Act of 1875
11. The Freeman Bureau
12. The Civil Rights Act of 1957
13. The Civil Rights Act of 1960
14. The United State Civil Rights Commission

And gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the following legislation

15. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
17. The Voting Rights Act of 1965

Why is that relevant? Do you get credit or blame for things your grandfather did?

It isn't even family related. Have Lone explain why the dixicrats abandoned the democrat party, how, when, and why party ideology did a pole reversal because of the cultural revolution, voting rights, and jim crow laws.

Like Robert Byrd? Who just happens to be a democrat!...I'm gonna show this one more time for you idiots, (especially Chris) now pay attention!!!

The Democrats

Our nation's top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings, mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.

The Republicans

Regarding the Republican Party, historians report that while Democrats were busy passing laws to hurt blacks, Republicans devoted their time to passing laws to help blacks. Republicans were primarily responsible for the following Civil Rights legislation:

2. The 13th Amendment
3. The 14th Amendment
4. The 15th Amendment
11. The Freeman Bureau

And gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the following legislation

Why is that relevant? Do you get credit or blame for things your grandfather did?

It's relevant in the sense that it shows which party was more favorable to blacks throughout history. It has nothing to do with any one individual, it has to do with party affiliation. History shows that the republicans has done far more to help blacks in this country than the democrats and unless you're blind, stupid or both, you would have to agree.

So when Goldwater voted against the civil rights act of 1964, and then won the REPUBLICAN nomination in 1964, and then pretty much won the formerly solidly Democratic South,

what did that have to do with?

[15. The Civil Rights Act of 1964

Are you a conservative?

Do you know what the bi-partisan opposition to civil rights legislation of the 50's and 60's called themselves?

lol

I have more conservative views than liberal views, but I consider myself to be an independent.

No, you would be a conservative. Now back to the Conservative Coalition. Why do you suppose both Democrats and Republicans united to oppose civil rights under the banner of CONSERVATISM?

The Democrats

The Republicans

2. The 13th Amendment
3. The 14th Amendment
4. The 15th Amendment
11. The Freeman Bureau

It isn't even family related. Have Lone explain why the dixicrats abandoned the democrat party, how, when, and why party ideology did a pole reversal because of the cultural revolution, voting rights, and jim crow laws.

Keep in mind we're assailing one of the pillars of conservative mythology.

I want him to discuss the Conservative Coalition.

Racism in this country is historically a geographical issue. The Civil War attests to this. Its no secret that historically the South is where racism lived, festered, grew and thrived. Yes, at one point the SOUTHERN Dems were racist, but notice the party that courted them and accepts them today. Its not the Democrats. There is a reason why the term "White Southern Male" exists. Joe Wilson, another White Southern Male. Again...no surprise. The Republican base is in the South. No surprise. Now I'm not saying that ALL Republicans are racists, but I am saying that today, if you're a racist, you're most likely a member of the Republican party and they welcome you with open arms.

Last edited:
uh, what exactly was racist about that?
and that video was poorly titled as well
cooper did nothing of the sort :lol:
(yes i know you didnt title the video)

the guy called Obama a Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug. now forget the welfare thug part. but he's using Indonesian Muslim as if it's some kinda of insult. He obviously thinks Indonesians and Muslims are like dirt of something.

I agree with your point about the use of "Indonesian Muslim"as an epithet (PC hate in the "war against Tara"), but no don't forget the "welfare thug." "Welfare" and "thug" have ever been republican code for "black." Look back in time to the political use of "welfare queen" and "Willie Horton" to stir the pot and call up the basest prejudices and fears of white "conservatives."

Bullshit, people who want reform, and bitch about welfare abuse, and the career collectors, don't give a fuck about the color and/or race of said criminal.
Of course I'm talking about the majority of people, not the odd nut that you "nuts" like to focus on.

Are you a conservative?

lol

No, you would be a conservative. Now back to the Conservative Coalition. Why do you suppose both Democrats and Republicans united to oppose civil rights under the banner of CONSERVATISM?

As much as I'd like to debate shit that has happend 40 or 50 years ago, I think I'll pass. I'd much rather debate current events. And FTR I'm an independent.

Racism in this country is historically a geographical issue. The Civil War attests to this. Its no secret that historically the South is where racism lived, festered, grew and thrived. Yes, at one point the SOUTHERN Dems were racist, but notice the party that courted them and accepts them today. Its not t he Democrats. There is a reason why the term "White Southern Male" exists. Joe Wilson, another White Southern Male. Again...no surprise. The Republican base is in the South. No surprise. Now I'm not saying that ALL Republicans are racists, but I am saying that today, if you're a racist, you're most likely a member of the Republican party and they welcome you with open arms.

Oh really? then perhaps you Demoncwats can explain to us why all the big race riots occur in the Democwat bastion such as Chicago, LA, SF. if democwats tweet them so well why do they riot?

Assailing the pillars of conservative mythology brought us the enlightenment. We've been pretty much a case of arrested development ever since (with a few fits and starts forward). I will leave you to your conversation, as the pillow beckons, and the night shift is nearer than I'd like.

Bullshit, people who want reform, and bitch about welfare abuse, and the career collectors, don't give a fuck about the color and/or race of said criminal.
Of course I'm talking about the majority of people, not the odd nut that you "nuts" like to focus on.

How old are you? I'm not being nasty, I'm just trying to assess your frame of reference.

It's relevant in the sense that it shows which party was more favorable to blacks throughout history. It has nothing to do with any one individual, it has to do with party affiliation. History shows that the republicans has done far more to help blacks in this country than the democrats and unless you're blind, stupid or both, you would have to agree.

So when Goldwater voted against the civil rights act of 1964, and then won the REPUBLICAN nomination in 1964, and then pretty much won the formerly solidly Democratic South,

what did that have to do with?

Look I just gave you the history, the civil rights act of 1964 was passed with bipartisan support, not every republican supported the bill, Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act stemmed more from his belief in state's rights and that the federal government should not intrude on them. And to answer your question, "what did that have to do with?", what does that have to do with what?

Want in one hand and shit in the other. See which hands fills up quicker!

Forum List

Back