Prediction: Trump Isn't Invited to Speak at the GOP 2024 Convention

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
They're having it in Milwaukee so I can't blame him. But I am predicting that he won't be invited to speak at the convention. Now, of course, if he were to win the nomination, he would be invited. I don't think he will win it given this board's abandonment of their former standard bearer--imagine how the mainstream feels about him??? But in a stunning rebuke, I doubt the GOP will even invite him to speak.

They're having it in Milwaukee so I can't blame him. But I am predicting that he won't be invited to speak at the convention. Now, of course, if he were to win the nomination, he would be invited. I don't think he will win it given this board's abandonment of their former standard bearer--imagine how the mainstream feels about him??? But in a stunning rebuke, I doubt the GOP will even invite him to speak.

It would be a huge mistake to ask him to attend. He'll make such a scene, talk for hours and trash everyone for disloyalty.

It would be a huge mistake to ask him to attend. He'll make such a scene, talk for hours and trash everyone for disloyalty.
I don't think he has it in him personally...

(and whomever is running the podium at the convention should never allow it given that he tried to over throw the government once--the RNC would be small potatoes)

But do you think he would be able to take an exit and bow out gracefully--a farewell message?

I think if Trump is not the GOP Nominee…..He ain’t coming

He will declare the winner as illegitimate and the primary as stolen from him

You're right that he won't bother to show if he runs and loses.

Kasich and Jeb didn't show for the 2016 convention. The losers Joe Walsh and Gov. Weld, didn't show up to the 2020 convention either. Sort of a Republican tradition not to show if you lose the primary.

That wouldn't make it a "mistake" at all. The Republicans will still be looking for a 2028 candidate, and the Trumpster may be deciding to go for that nomination. Such a keynote speech could help him lay the framework for that effort. Other keynote speakers have used the opportunity as a launching pad for a later effort.

You're right that he won't bother to show if he runs and loses.

Kasich and Jeb didn't show for the 2016 convention. The losers Joe Walsh and Gov. Weld, didn't show up to the 2020 convention either. Sort of a Republican tradition not to show if you lose the primary.

Did they throw a temper tantrum and claim it was stolen?

That wouldn't make it a "mistake" at all. The Republicans will still be looking for a 2028 candidate, and the Trumpster may be deciding to go for that nomination. Such a keynote speech could help him lay the framework for that effort. Other keynote speakers have used the opportunity as a launching pad for a later effort.

You're in a tiny minority. Trump is finished. He may get louder, more outrageous and more ridiculous, but he's finished.

You're in a tiny minority. Trump is finished. He may get louder, more outrageous and more ridiculous, but he's finished.

Trump is not finished until he admits he is finished

He ain’t saying that…..EVER

Did they throw a temper tantrum and claim it was stolen?

They did throw temper tantrums, but they didn't claim electoral theft because it was untrue and preposterous and the Trumpsters would have sued both Kasich and the Bush Cabal for slander if they did.

Oh, he will be. They are too afraid of his MAGAt base.

Oh, he will be. They are too afraid of his MAGAt base.

If they are afraid of the MAGA people, that would be a reason to ban them all from the convention. Why invite someone who you think will drop a deuce in the punch bowl, to coin a phrase? I'm in favor of making America great again, I wouldn't bother attending a Nevertrumper convention. No point in going where you aren't wanted.

On the other hand, if Trump’s not the nominee, he might be invited in an effort to appease the Trump cult and unite the party.

You may well be right, "if" he doesn't win the nomination. Kind of bizarre to even discuss that, since he is running unopposed.

If Trump loses the primary - which would require him to have an actual opponent - the Party may decide not to invite him. If all they care about is getting rid of Trump, that is a good strategy. If they are also interested in winning the general with whoever the fantasy hero is that they envision miraculously defeating Trump in the primary, it would be a horrible strategy. Invite Trump to stay home on convention day, and they invite Trump voters to stay home on election day, or write in Trump.

Forum List

Back