PredFan vs the Union

That is the bull shit story we always hear isn't it?

The problem with us conservatives is that we can look to the future and care about it. We care about the company we work for, and we care about our customers (in this case our patients).

The leftys like you think money falls from the sky and and the corporations and rich people are simply hogging it. I'm surprised you could spell Stockholm Syndrome.

The wealthy are parasites.

There's plenty of money to take cafe of the sick.

There isn't enough to care for the sick, and pay for dressage ponies and big boats.

We spend more than any nation in the world, and we get the worst results amongst industrialized countries.

Tells me we aren't doing it right.

1st, this is irrelevant to this thread, and second, it's left wing baloney. The sheer amout of things you don't know is fascinating, but predictable.

What I know is that every other industrialized country in the world provides universal coverage, they spend less per capita, they have longer life expectencies, they have lower infant mortality rates, and they have a lot less of their citizens declaring bankruptcy because they got sick.

So what you are whining about is that some of the workers think they should get paid a fair share of the obscene amounts of money being spent...

The wealthy are parasites.

There's plenty of money to take cafe of the sick.

There isn't enough to care for the sick, and pay for dressage ponies and big boats.

We spend more than any nation in the world, and we get the worst results amongst industrialized countries.

Tells me we aren't doing it right.

1st, this is irrelevant to this thread, and second, it's left wing baloney. The sheer amout of things you don't know is fascinating, but predictable.

What I know is that every other industrialized country in the world provides universal coverage, they spend less per capita, they have longer life expectencies, they have lower infant mortality rates, and they have a lot less of their citizens declaring bankruptcy because they got sick.

So what you are whining about is that some of the workers think they should get paid a fair share of the obscene amounts of money being spent...

Again, the sheer volume of stuff you don't know is only 2nd compared to the stuff you think you know that is in fact, untrue. The above statement is proof positive of that.

Again, the sheer volume of stuff you don't know is only 2nd compared to the stuff you think you know that is in fact, untrue. The above statement is proof positive of that.

Must be nice to live in your own reality....

Must be nice to live in your own reality....

It is. Unfortunately, not only is my reality fact based, there aren't very many people here. Your reality, otoh, is based on fiction, rumour, and talking points and a great many people live there with you. It's unfortunate for all of us.

Interesting little episode I heard about just today:

Apparently, last Wednesday there were pro-union fliers in the staff lounge. I did not see them, I was off. They were seen in the morning but very soon afterward, they were gone. All 0of them. When the Director of the unit was asked if she removed the fliers, she said: "I can neither confirm or deny that."

I wonder what would have happened if I has seen those fliers. I would be very very tempted to throw all of them out myself. Not being a member of hospital management, I am not bound by any laws over this. Although, i would also neither confirm or deny it.

Apparently, last Wednesday there were pro-union fliers in the staff lounge. I did not see them, I was off. They were seen in the morning but very soon afterward, they were gone. All 0of them. When the Director of the unit was asked if she removed the fliers, she said: "I can neither confirm or deny that."

I wonder what would have happened if I has seen those fliers. I would be very very tempted to throw all of them out myself. Not being a member of hospital management, I am not bound by any laws over this. Although, i would also neither confirm or deny it.
I would have said to them that yes, I threw them out.

Unions don't scare Me. I've twice faced down a union rep in an old job and once managed to get a petition to throw the entire union board out on the grounds that they were not taking care of the workers (who all thought the union was weak and run by a bunch of corrupt pussies.)

Unions don't scare Me. I've twice faced down a union rep in an old job and once managed to get a petition to throw the entire union board out on the grounds that they were not taking care of the workers (who all thought the union was weak and run by a bunch of corrupt pussies.)

If a union isn't looking out for its workers, it should be gotten rid of.

But I still wonder about these folks who are just terrified someone MIGHT try to stand up for them with unfair, unreasonable or just stupid managers and bosses.

But I still wonder about these folks who are just terrified someone MIGHT try to stand up for them with unfair, unreasonable or just stupid managers and bosses.
I've never needed a union to do that. I can stand up to them Myself, and I have.

I've never needed a union to do that. I can stand up to them Myself, and I have.

Then you've never encountered a boss who put a real effort into being a douchebag.

If you had a boss who was determined to get you off the payroll, no matter whether it was justified or fair or not, you'd be singing a different tune.

Then you've never encountered a boss who put a real effort into being a douchebag.

If you had a boss who was determined to get you off the payroll, no matter whether it was justified or fair or not, you'd be singing a different tune.
No, I would not. I HAVE had bad bosses looking to get rid of Me.

You see, number 1, I'm not a coward. I will speak out against management doing wrong, regardless of the outcome. I have skills and can always find a job. I will not allow anyone to treat Me like shit. No one.

Number 2. If the boss is looking for a reason, he is going to find that reason, no matter what you say or do. So, why would you be a pussy and just cave in?

You see, number 1, I'm not a coward. I will speak out against management doing wrong, regardless of the outcome. I have skills and can always find a job. I will not allow anyone to treat Me like shit. No one.

Number 2. If the boss is looking for a reason, he is going to find that reason, no matter what you say or do. So, why would you be a pussy and just cave in?

1) Somehow, I doubt you ever had a problem like I've seen.

* a coworker who was fired for being a Lesbian.
* myself getting put in a dead-end position after running up medical bills.
* Workers getting fired because they got pregnant.
* A engineer who got fired because his ex-girlfriend started fucking a manager.

Sorry, workers need an advocate in their corner, period.

1) Somehow, I doubt you ever had a problem like I've seen.

* a coworker who was fired for being a Lesbian.
* myself getting put in a dead-end position after running up medical bills.
* Workers getting fired because they got pregnant.
* A engineer who got fired because his ex-girlfriend started fucking a manager.

Sorry, workers need an advocate in their corner, period.
Even if your list is true, then you still have to have the balls to speak out.

Unions won't advocate for you unless you are part of the union leadership or have enough seniority to be friends with the union leadership. If you are rank and file, you'll be thrown the the wolves to save the bank account of the union. Anyone who has actually been in an union knows this and would testify to it.

None of what you listed, by the way, can be done legally. Go to court.

Grow some balls and call them on it.

Stop making an enemy of management and start pulling in the same direction and things get better.

Unless you have totally damaged any relationship possible with the management. Which, of course, is what unions do on a daily basis.

I have no sympathy for gutless people.

Now, time to go watch the Cowgirls get beat up by the losers in NY....

[
]Even if your list is true, then you still have to have the balls to speak out.

Unions won't advocate for you unless you are part of the union leadership or have enough seniority to be friends with the union leadership. If you are rank and file, you'll be thrown the the wolves to save the bank account of the union. Anyone who has actually been in an union knows this and would testify to it.

Stop making an enemy of management and start pulling in the same direction and things get better.

Unless you have totally damaged any relationship possible with the management. Which, of course, is what unions do on a daily basis.

The problem with "going to court" is that most of us can't afford to do it. Courts are kind of a ripoff for most people, because you have shysters who promise the world, until you run out of money.

Incidently, I have called managers on their bad behavior. And they all kind of look down like they know they got called, but it doesn't change anything.

frankly, I get a little tired of the Social Darwinism of modern Conservatives, who think that greed and mean-spiriitedness are virtues.

And Jesus would agree with them.

[
]Even if your list is true, then you still have to have the balls to speak out.

The problem with "going to court" is that most of us can't afford to do it. Courts are kind of a ripoff for most people, because you have shysters who promise the world, until you run out of money.

Incidently, I have called managers on their bad behavior. And they all kind of look down like they know they got called, but it doesn't change anything.

frankly, I get a little tired of the Social Darwinism of modern Conservatives, who think that greed and mean-spiriitedness are virtues.

And Jesus would agree with them.
Social Darwinism? It is the Unions that are dying, not Conservatives. Frankly, I have to question your perceptions of the world.

If the cause is important enough, anyone can find the money to go to court. To say that the courts are a rip off ignores the fact that we have the best and freest (not a monetary term in case you misunderstand) court system in the world.

So far, all I have read from you is cop-outs and excuses. A common theme of Americans today.

Take action and be responsible for your own life. Don't allow others to do to you, but take charge of your life and make positive things happen. If you job is so frikken horrible, then I suggest you find another. And don't whine about not being able to find another job or that jobs are scarce. If they are scarce, stop promoting and supporting policies that place the political class (and the unions) ahead of job creation.

And for the sake of anything you hold sacred, go out and acquire marketable skills so that you never are in such a position.

In other words, live free and unafraid.

Be American.

[Social Darwinism? It is the Unions that are dying, not Conservatives. Frankly, I have to question your perceptions of the world.

If the cause is important enough, anyone can find the money to go to court. To say that the courts are a rip off ignores the fact that we have the best and freest (not a monetary term in case you misunderstand) court system in the world.

Horseshit. We have a court system that is an absolute disaster.

[

So far, all I have read from you is cop-outs and excuses. A common theme of Americans today.

Take action and be responsible for your own life. Don't allow others to do to you, but take charge of your life and make positive things happen. If you job is so frikken horrible, then I suggest you find another. And don't whine about not being able to find another job or that jobs are scarce. If they are scarce, stop promoting and supporting policies that place the political class (and the unions) ahead of job creation.

Guy, you would probably go tell a rape victim she needs to buy a strap-on and go out and rape other people.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up.

[Social Darwinism? It is the Unions that are dying, not Conservatives. Frankly, I have to question your perceptions of the world.

[

Guy, you would probably go tell a rape victim she needs to buy a strap-on and go out and rape other people.

Since you are physically incapable of out debating Me, you resort to making fun of crime victims in an effort to make Me look bad. And you want Me to shut up?

I guess I just found the next candidate for My ignore list. I have started weeding out people who are negative influences on My life and it seems that your low IQ and inability to carry on a rational debate qualifies.

Say goodbye.

[

Since you are physically incapable of out debating Me, you resort to making fun of crime victims in an effort to make Me look bad. And you want Me to shut up?

I guess I just found the next candidate for My ignore list. I have started weeding out people who are negative influences on My life and it seems that your low IQ and inability to carry on a rational debate qualifies.

Say goodbye.

Guy, i think I made my point, the same point I always make with the assholes who defend the plutocrats.

The behavior is bad. It would be bad no matter who engages in it. It's why we need unions.

Because these fuckers simply cannot be trusted, and they will always find useful idiots like you to help them.

This morning, in the breakfast line, the nurse in front of me was asked to join a union by someone dressed up as a nurse in scrubs. She said "no thanks". I was waiting for her to ask me but she didn't even look at me.

Forum List

Back