PredFan vs the Union

Only in the Wonderful Land of Conservatopia is making less somehow better than making more.

No, I'm just smart enough to realize management is not my friend. Why this is lost on you is a mystery.

I'm not asking management to be my friend numb nuts, I only require a job from them. I have that now, have had it for 31 years. I have my own friends, but none of them pay me.

It's a mystery to me how you can be so ignorant but still be able to use a computer.

31 years at the same job? That's a lack of ambition.

aobviously, if so many co-workers are considering unionization, it must be a pretty shitty place to work.

Very few are concidering it idiot, that's why it's taking them so long to even get to a vote.

31 years at the same job? That's a lack of ambition.

aobviously, if so many co-workers are considering unionization, it must be a pretty shitty place to work.

You have the smell of butthurt and desperation about you.

Well, no, it's just the frustration of dealing with dumber than shit bubbas from the South who have helped dismantle the middle class in this country.

I mean, I get why the rich are being dicks. But working class folks who slit the throats of their own.

I just simply don't get that.

Because that only exists in your alleged "mind".

Just to be clear, this was almost a year ago, and a LOT has happened since then. Allow me to update:

History:

Our hospital does the bulk of indigent and medicare/medicaid patients in the Orlando area. We have the designated trauma center for the Central Florida Area. Obamacare has drastically cut back the amout of money that the government gives to doctors and hospitals for medicaid/medicare. This resulted in losses for the hospital system.

As of a few months ago, management has been making cuts to stop the bleeding of money, these have included cutting non-patient care positions, and cutting back on management staff among many other cost-saving measures. All of us have been concerned for months about our jobs and still don't know how many will lose their jobs. The most recent cost-saving measure was to cut the night shift differential. That is the exctra pay incentive for working the night shift.

That move has enraged a large portion of the night shift personel and so much so that they now have union representation.

The cuts ended after management got leaner. When the dust settled, it was only the management people that got let go. Night shift DID get their shift differential cut but that put it in line with the rest of the state.

I am and have always been anti-union. My mind has not changed on this matter. Still the question is of what I will do. I want to keep my job, I like my job, but I think unions are destructive and abusive. Certainly this hospital system cannot survive as is with union employees. Should I care? I'm 57, my IRA is pretty well set up and I only need 10 years to retire. I do care that patient care will be adversly affected but what can a lone voice crying nin the wilderness do?

All this is still true except that I only have 9 years until I can retire.

If the whole hospital staff goes union will I go as well? How will I handle that and what will I do if a strike is called? I tend to think I will cross the line for my patients but is that worth the abuse from the union people?

This stems from my lack of understanding at the time. I didn't realize that if the vote goes the union's way, I won't have a choice but to be union. I don't have to pay the union dues however. And there's no doubt that I'll flip those strikers the bird as i cross the picket lines.

Where do union people think money comes from, that's what I want to know. This system is losing 11 million dollars a year and if we make no cuts in staff or pay, what DO we cut?

The other two hospital systems in this town are a Nemours and several of the Seventh Day Adventist hiospitals. All of them have very deep pockets while our hospital system is local and does not. That, plus union employees spells bad things for the hospital and our patients.

Still true, but union idiots don't give a shit about that, as long as they get theirs. Greedy bastards all of them.

If we go union, and it looks as if we won't, I'll gladly take the increased pay, and if I'm required to work less so be it. I won't give those fuckers a thin dime though. Stupid bastards. I figure it'll take longer than the 9 years I have left to destroy that hospital system so if they want to do it, let them go.

Fortunately, it looks as if they will fail.

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAACCKK!

This morning I was on my way in from the parking garage and there was a nest of them handing out their stupid propaganda shit.

I did what I always do, I hold my hand out for a pamphlet, and when they give it to me I crumple it up right in front of them. Cracks me the hell up.

You missed your chance, Barney. You should have pulled that AK from within your flowery scrubs and blown them away.

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAACCKK!

This morning I was on my way in from the parking garage and there was a nest of them handing out their stupid propaganda shit.

I did what I always do, I hold my hand out for a pamphlet, and when they give it to me I crumple it up right in front of them. Cracks me the hell up.

You missed your chance, Barney. You should have pulled that AK from within your flowery scrubs and blown them away.

Keep me out of your fantasies please.

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAACCKK!

Better reaction if you do this: take one, say, "Thank you, I need something like this!" Open the hood of your car, check your oil, and use the pamphlet to wipe the dipstick. :D

THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAACCKK!

Better reaction if you do this: take one, say, "Thank you, I need something like this!" Open the hood of your car, check your oil, and use the pamphlet to wipe the dipstick. :D

Too far from my car, but that would be fun too.

Forum List

Back