Preach it: Why I'll get into heaven BEFORE any wacko, anti-gay/homophobic bigot

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
"The Bible contains six (6) admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two (362) admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more ...supervision."
~Lynn Lavner

The New Testament is supposed to take precedence over the Old, in which those verses condemning homosexuality (which were likely added/revised in there by the RCC) are found.

Jesus Christ preached LOVE, TOLERANCE, etc. I try to practice that as much as I can. I get mad when I still see homophobes, bigots, racists on the street, and here too (SwordofDamocles, Sunni Man, etc) but I am always heartened to know that they go against the central teachings of Christ. Hate, and violent hate crimes are the devil, Satan thrives on such destruction and spite. Hence why said trolls are more Satanic than anything else.

I know I'm right with God, I reconciled my sexuality and faith a long time ago. I'm quite confident I'll make it into heaven as I NEVER CHOOSE to be this way, was born this way (scientists are close to finding a gay gene and DNA is God's building blocks), plus as long as you truly love the Father and the Son, all else is forgiven anyway.

Case and point, period.

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
I'm as far from being an anti-gay bigot as one can get.
I'm fully aware that one can't help who they fall in love with.
One can, however, control who they have sex with. To me *that's* where the sin is.
No, it' isn't an unforgivable sin. That is to say that I don't believe you'd go to hell for it.
Our father is a loving Father and He wouldn't turn His back on any loving person.

All that being said, I feel compelled to take issue with one key sentence:
The New Testament is supposed to take precedence over the Old

Jesus came to *fulfill* the Law, not abolish it. He was the final sacrifice.
He lived by the OT. Why would we disregard it?

:cool:

There is only one way to salvation. And that comes from Jesus Christ. Doesn't matter whether you are gay or straight, He is the author of our salvation.

But the question is, what has He come to save us from? The answer is the Sinful nature of the Natural man. It isn't enough simply to believe in Christ, the scriptures point out that even the devils believe in Christ. But their belief is not to salvation.

Faith in Christ, the kind that saves, saves us because through the Atonement our very nature is changed. We put off the natural man and become born again through the Spirit. Where we no longer desire to do sin.

We exercise faith in Jesus Christ, Repent of our sins (Meaning we turn away from our sins), we are baptized and then we recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of Hands.

Then we walk in faith, repenting when we make mistakes. admitting our weaknesses. Being honest with ourselves and with God. And through this process God continually changes our natures. So that we can overcome our sins line upon line, step by step. Our ungodly desires will be changed to righteous ones.

We cannot choose to remain in sin and be Born again. Because when we are born again we desire not to sin. If we choose to remain in it, we aren't using the Atonement in our lives, and what does it profit us to have that Holy Gift from Christ?

The standards are the same with all people. And everyone has to pursue their path with God. I'd be very hesitant to declare who is going to heaven or hell. Even of myself. Because I may fall away and rebel against my God. Others who may seem like pieces of trash, may be born again and repent of their sins.

This life is a time to prepare to meet God. If the Atonement is not active in your life and your not moving away from the Natural man because of it, doesn't matter whether you are straight or gay. You aren't going to recieve salvation.

Tell me, are you willing to give up your sexuality for God? How about your anger? Your hate? Your violent tendencies? Your worldly power and wealth? If you don't have the faith to sacrifice all things before the altar of God, how can you ever find the faith necessary to be saved?

According to the Bible all sodomites will go to Hell. Period.

According to the Bible, Christ died to save all sinners who repent and come unto Him.
But if they die and are a practicing sodomite.

The Bible says that they will go straight to Hell. :doubt:
Actually the Bible says that we will all be judged accordingly.
We have ALL sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Nowhere does it say that sodomy or stealing is worse than lying or cheating.
Nowhere does it say that one sin is more deserving of hell than the other.
ANY sin can be forgiven except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

According to the Bible, Christ died to save all sinners who repent and come unto Him.
But if they die and are a practicing sodomite.

The Bible says that they will go straight to Hell. :doubt:
Actually the Bible says that we will all be judged accordingly.
We have ALL sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Nowhere does it say that sodomy or stealing is worse than lying or cheating.
Nowhere does it say that one sin is more deserving of hell than the other.
ANY sin can be forgiven except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
According to the Bible there are only two places we can go when we die.

Heaven (Kingdom of God) or Hell

1 Corinthians 6:9 Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

There is only one way to salvation. And that comes from Jesus Christ. Doesn't matter whether you are gay or straight, He is the author of our salvation.

But the question is, what has He come to save us from? The answer is the Sinful nature of the Natural man. It isn't enough simply to believe in Christ, the scriptures point out that even the devils believe in Christ. But their belief is not to salvation.

Faith in Christ, the kind that saves, saves us because through the Atonement our very nature is changed. We put off the natural man and become born again through the Spirit. Where we no longer desire to do sin.

We exercise faith in Jesus Christ, Repent of our sins (Meaning we turn away from our sins), we are baptized and then we recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of Hands.

Then we walk in faith, repenting when we make mistakes. admitting our weaknesses. Being honest with ourselves and with God. And through this process God continually changes our natures. So that we can overcome our sins line upon line, step by step. Our ungodly desires will be changed to righteous ones.

We cannot choose to remain in sin and be Born again. Because when we are born again we desire not to sin. If we choose to remain in it, we aren't using the Atonement in our lives, and what does it profit us to have that Holy Gift from Christ?

The standards are the same with all people. And everyone has to pursue their path with God. I'd be very hesitant to declare who is going to heaven or hell. Even of myself. Because I may fall away and rebel against my God. Others who may seem like pieces of trash, may be born again and repent of their sins.

This life is a time to prepare to meet God. If the Atonement is not active in your life and your not moving away from the Natural man because of it, doesn't matter whether you are straight or gay. You aren't going to recieve salvation.

Tell me, are you willing to give up your sexuality for God? How about your anger? Your hate? Your violent tendencies? Your worldly power and wealth? If you don't have the faith to sacrifice all things before the altar of God, how can you ever find the faith necessary to be saved?

Why do you people keep telling that lie? In over 2000 years and a billion Christians dead How many have come back to life to verify that claim? Why hasn't your precious Jeeezussss come back to verify his resurection? You people are running a scam and should be all put in prison for fraud.

Why do you people keep telling that lie? In over 2000 years and a billion Christians dead How many have come back to life to verify that claim? Why hasn't your precious Jeeezussss come back to verify his resurection? You people are running a scam and should be all put in prison for fraud.
How can you call it a lie with no evidence on your side, either?
;)

;)

A scam is a fraud commited where there is an implied or overtly claimed benefit where there is not proof of said benefit. Millions of children have been cheated out of thier inheritance by churches promising a place in heaven to those that give thier property to the church when they die... Many more millions give money to various churches having been led to believe it will get them to heaven. I don't have to prove that heaven does not exist to call it a scam. It is the responsibility of those that take money in a scam to prove there is a benefit.

According to the Bible there are only two places we can go when we die.

Heaven (Kingdom of God) or Hell

And where does the Bible say that?

Tell me something, Jesus died on the Cross on Friday. He rose from the dead on Sunday. At that time He told Mary He had not yet ascended to Heaven to be with His Father.

If at death we are consigned to heaven or hell immediately, where did Christ go immediately when He died, since He clearly didn't go to Heaven until after the resurrection.

What makes you think He hasn't?

;)

A scam is a fraud commited where there is an implied or overtly claimed benefit where there is not proof of said benefit. Millions of children have been cheated out of thier inheritance by churches promising a place in heaven to those that give thier property to the church when they die... Many more millions give money to various churches having been led to believe it will get them to heaven. I don't have to prove that heaven does not exist to call it a scam. It is the responsibility of those that take money in a scam to prove there is a benefit.

How can you learn the benefit if you dont speak to the Lord about it?

;)

How can you learn the benefit if you dont speak to the Lord about it?

That is nonsense. There is no proof of any lord. Talking to a non existant being is insanity.

My, aren't we oblivious...... One need only look @ Revelations, and compare it to the global events of today, the correlation is huge, to big to discount as mere coincidence. Christ is coming back, these days are likely the beginning of the most traumatic events preceding his glorious return.

What makes you think He hasn't?

Exactly, this likely Atheist has NO WAY to prove he hasn't.

Forum List

Back