Prayers for Muhamid Ali, one of the Greatest Boxers Ever, Fighting now for His Life

Troll post.
STFU. Don't insult a dead man you asshole.
He wasn't dead when I posted, dumbass. Waste your sanctimony on someone else.
Now deal with his legacy of rudeness.
Wow. Please leave the thread you sanctimonious asshole.
Speak for yourself, jerk. I don't worship boors.
Wow you spit on his grave again. May God have mercy on your pathetic soul.
No grave-spitting here. I made myself clear in offering sympathy where due in my first post.
My objection is with his example and its legacy and effect. Boorishness is now commonplace in sports. It's even being reflected in Trump's campaign antics.

Cassius Clay did more to undermine sportsmanship, dignity and respect in sports and was a pioneer in the coarsening of sports culture.
His condition is a direct result of getting his brain bashed repeatedly. I feel sorry for him and anyone in that condition. But I have nothing but contempt for him for the damage he has done to sports in this country.
Even more than Tim Donaghy?

STFU. Don't insult a dead man you asshole.
No grave-spitting here. I made myself clear in offering sympathy where due in my first post.
My objection is with his example and its legacy and effect. Boorishness is now commonplace in sports. It's even being reflected in Trump's campaign antics.
Boorishness was a part of sports long before Ali. Now please leave the thread and respect the dead.

Cassius Clay did more to undermine sportsmanship, dignity and respect in sports and was a pioneer in the coarsening of sports culture.
His condition is a direct result of getting his brain bashed repeatedly. I feel sorry for him and anyone in that condition. But I have nothing but contempt for him for the damage he has done to sports in this country.
Even more than Tim Donaghy?
Obviously because I don't know who that is. Clay was promoted and advertised.

Boorishness was a part of sports long before Ali. Now please leave the thread and respect the dead.
That illustrates your own ignorance. Sports as a learning tool was to teach civility, humility and respect in the face of competition.
Clay was the opposite.
And now Trump is the Cassius Clay of presidential candidates.
I suppose we can expect future presidential campaigns to be devoid of civility from here on out.
Way to go.

That illustrates your own ignorance. Sports as a learning tool was to teach civility, humility and respect in the face of competition.
Clay was the opposite.
I suppose we can expect future presidential campaigns to be devoid of civility from here on out.
Way to go.
Yeah Trump is a result of Muhammed Ali... good grief go embarrass yourself in some other thread you asshole.

Clay was the opposite.
Way to go.
Yeah Trump is a result of Muhammed Ali... good grief go embarrass yourself in some other thread you asshole.
Trump is a carbon copy of Clay. Just because that is impossible to reconcile for a Clay supporter/Trump detractor, don't blame me. Take it up with yourself.

Clay was the opposite.
Way to go.
Trump is a carbon copy of Clay. Just because that is impossible to reconcile for a Clay supporter/Trump detractor, don't blame me. Take it up with yourself.
So you're saying Trump... a fat slug with a dirty mouth is comparable to Muhammed Ali...

You're a Trump supporter right? Man you clowns are fucking weird.

Clay was the opposite.
Way to go.
So you're saying Trump... a fat slug with a dirty mouth is comparable to Muhammed Ali...

You're a Trump supporter right? Man you clowns are fucking weird.
No, I'm not a Trump supporter for much the same reason I objected to Clay and his conceit.

The 'Greatest' is gone...
icon_omg.gif

Muhammad Ali dies at age 74, family spokesman says
Legendary heavyweight champion and social icon Muhammad Ali has died, a family spokesman said late Friday in a statement. He was 74.
Ali had been hospitalized in the Phoenix area this week with respiratory issues. The Paradise Valley Police Department told ABC News that an emergency medical services call was made from Ali's address in the Phoenix area on Tuesday, and the Phoenix Fire Department confirmed it responded to a call for mutual aid for a 74-year-old male with respiratory issues at that time. Retired from boxing since 1981, Ali had battled Parkinson's disease for decades. He had been hospitalized a few other times in recent years, including in early 2015, due to a severe urinary tract infection initially diagnosed as pneumonia. Ali had looked increasingly frail in public appearances, the last coming April 9 when he wore sunglasses and was hunched over at the annual Celebrity Fight Night dinner in Phoenix, which raises funds for treatment of Parkinson's. He had been living quietly in the Phoenix area with his fourth wife, Lonnie, whom he married in 1986.

Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to retain the heavyweight title in May 1965. It was one of his 56 career wins as a professional. AP Photo/John Rooney Ali's funeral will take place in his hometown of Louisville, spokesman Bob Gunnell said in the statement. No further details were expected to be released until Saturday morning. Ali's death reaches far beyond the sport of boxing. Ali was one of the world's most recognized people for his actions in and out of the ring. His stance on the military draft and conversion to Islam polarized America mainly along racial lines. Yet later he unified people with his messages of freedom, peace and equality.

Reaction from the news was immediate. "Words can't explain what Muhammad Ali has done for the sport of boxing," Floyd Mayweather told ESPN. "He's one of the guys that paved the way for me to be where I am today. We lost a legend, a hero and a great man." Said Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James: "The reason why he's the GOAT [Greatest of All Time] is not because of what he did in the ring, which was unbelievable. It's what he did outside of the ring, what he believed in, what he stood for -- along with Jim Brown and Oscar Robertson, Lew Alcindor, obviously who became Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar], Bill Russell, Jackie Robinson. Those guys stood for something. He's part of the reason why African-Americans today can do what we do in the sports world. We're free. They allow us to have access to anything we want. It's because of what they stood for, and Muhammad Ali was definitely the pioneer for that."

Ali was born on Jan. 17, 1942, and was named Cassius Marcellus Clay Junior. His father, Cassius Marcellus Clay Senior, was named after a 19th-century white abolitionist. Clay Sr. made a living painting billboards and signs. His mother, Odessa Grady Clay, worked as a domestic servant. At age 12 he took up boxing under the tutelage of Joe Martin, a Louisville policeman who became Clay's trainer for his amateur career. During that time Clay won two national Golden Gloves titles and one AAU championship. After graduating from high school he won the light heavyweight gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome. After the Olympics, Clay turned professional. Fighting as a heavyweight he won his first 19 bouts and had Angelo Dundee as his trainer. Clay exhibited quick hands, nimble footwork and an active mouth. Proclaiming himself "The Greatest" the brash fighter earned the nickname "Louisville Lip."

MORE

Funny to see Right Wingers vowing love of
Ali, a Muslim and a Black man.
Boxing killed him slowly.

Forum List

Back