Powerful video on the history of Abortion.

Finances is no excuse for infanticide. If you cant afford to raise a child dont have sex. It is called responsibility.

Last edited:
We do, you just chose to ignore those things,it can also be assumed that you also help provide those things??

No--we have social right wing nut cases right now on this board--that are continually complaining about insurers paying for prescription birth control pills--while at the same time they are adamantly opposed to abortion--sometimes even in the instance of rape or incest.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, but there are several members of this board that believe they can.

There is a television reality show on television right now--can't remember the name--that has actually REDUCED the numbers of single mothers in this country--just by showing them how very difficult it is to raise a child by themselves. It's working. That's education versus some right wing nut case up there banging the drum on family values that they're not listening too. And some on this board would deny these same women access to birth control pills? This is a prescription drug--there is no FREE access to it. And they are the overwhelmingly preferred method of contraception.

They also bitch and moan when the woman has the baby and is therefore on welfare. I also find it funny that they rail against the group of people who pretty much would never have an abortion, Homosexuals.

It is a FACT--that the number of babies born in this country almost equaled that of married couples having babies a few years ago. It was considered the "cool" thing to do, I guess. I remember one instance a few years ago--that teens in high school (girls) actually all decided to get pregnant at one time--so they could raise their kids together. They turned out to be not real happy campers when their babies were born and they realized how much of their attention was required. Their social life--GONE in an instant.

It's changing--but this reality T.V. show needs to continue to air to make a huge difference in the attitudes about single mothers having babies. YES--the hypocrisy and ignorance coming from the far right is astounding.

One of my favorites is "abstinence" from having sex--:cuckoo: Well, as we can see that one has not worked--yet they still call for it--with again a population in this country of single mothers almost equaling that of married couples having babies. So we have to move on to contraception to prevent pregnancies so we can prevent abortions. Yet some seem to be against that too? Beats me where the common sense is in that attitude?

Last edited:
How many babies are killed because they are the product of rape???? Really??? And why does the child deserve the death sentence for a crime his father committed?

Finances is no excuse for infanticide. If you cant afford to raise a child dont have sex. It is called responsibility.

This is what it comes down to. You don't want women to have sex. That's always the answer right wingers have in connection with reducing abortion.

Over half of the abortions performed are on women who are married or in a committed relationship. But right wingers want women to quit having sex unless they're prepared to deal with the "consequences".

People on the left want children to be wanted, to be loved, to be cared for. Studies show that unwanted children have higher rates of deliquency, more emotional problems, don't do as well in school, and are more likely to become a burden to the state. All children should be wanted.

I have a friend who dwells on the point that she is the youngest of 9 children in a Catholic family. She often says that she knows that by the time she came along, her parents weren't thrilled about another mouth to feed. I can't imagine growing up feeling your parents never wanted you in the first place.

If you can't welcome a child into your life, you shouldn't continue the pregnancy.

Yea and decent ones dont kill babies.

Especially when they have access to sex education, contraception, pre-natal care and services and support for single mothers.....all opposed by conservatives

when are you going to stop with the lies?? lies each and everyone of them,didn't your parents teach you anything about integrity??

No, it's the conservatives who lie to women. Telling them that they care about unborn children, when in reality all they care about is controlling women's sex lives. Religious conservatives of every stripe - from the Taliban, Orthodox Jews, to conservative Christians, all want to stop women from having sex and control sexuality among women.

Republicans like Rick Santorum have talked about banning birth control because it's "not good for women". In other words, we can't control women who take birth control. Women are smart enough to see through the lie of "abortion kills babies" to see the agenda of control behind it. And we're not buying it. Republicans will always lose the women's vote unless and until they start believing and acknowledging that women can make their own decisions and they need to stay out of them.

Yea and decent ones dont kill babies.

Especially when they have access to sex education, contraception, pre-natal care and services and support for single mothers.....all opposed by conservatives

when are you going to stop with the lies?? lies each and everyone of them,didn't your parents teach you anything about integrity??

Lies like women need birth control because of their libido?

The History of Abortion: Women have had them since the beginning of time, and will continue to have them till long after everyone here is dead.

The End.

Even before Rowe v Wade, there was legal abortion in this country. If it wasn't available in your state, you went to some back alley abortionist

The History of Abortion: Women have had them since the beginning of time, and will continue to have them till long after everyone here is dead.

The End.

Even before Rowe v Wade, there was legal abortion in this country. If it wasn't available in your state, you went to some back alley abortionist
I will add, historically speaking: Abortion was legal in the 18th and early 19th century.

Take a look at original newspapers and magazine mid-19th century. I have them in my archives, the originals.

As some of you know, this is part of my work. MANY, many ads for "women's remedies" and elixirs that would take care of "stopped menses" were advertised in the 19th Century. Anyone familiar with these pages would know.

It would cure it fast. There were even ads for doctors who would "fix" the problem.
Everyone knew what they really were. What's the number one cause of a woman having a missed period?? Three guesses??

Quite a few women availed themselves to these "cures" - elixirs and such. It was publicized widely and all knew what it ..."cured."

Many want to return to the 'good old days' isn't quite what you think it was.

It was the AMA and Comstock Laws (look it up) that changed a lot of that.

And if you think Comstock Laws were a good thing -- imagine this: For over 60 years this country was able to consider giving women contraceptive literature "obscene."

The Mail of your grandparents and great grandparents was subject to government approval that it did not contain *any* thing that could provide a woman with information to prevent pregnancy,

Think about that.

If you want to reduce abortions, start promoting sex education in high schools, contraceptives provide through health insurance, pre-natal care and delivery with no co-pays, paid maternity leave and subsidized day care.

Women have abortions because they cannot afford to have babies. If you really want to reduce abortions, make it easier and cheaper for women to have the baby.

That will never happen, we all know that women who get pregnant unexpectedly are whores who should have kept their legs closed!

Forum List

Back