Power outage in Texas now

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Thousands are without power in West Lubbock Monday morning after an incident at a power substation overnight. Just after 2:00 Monday morning there was a fire at a substation at 11th and Milwaukee Avenue. A transformer blew at 4th and Slide Avenue. According to an LP and L spokesman, they experienced an equipment failure at a major substation in west Lubbock, which affected thousands of customers. LP and L says there was an equipment failure at the McDonald's substation around 2:00 am. That substation is located on Milwaukee Avenue between 4th and 19th streets. The cause of the failure is unknown right now. Initially, 7,700 customers lost power. 2,000 customers are still without power as of 5:40 am. Crews are on the scene working to restore power, they say the majority of customers should have power by 6:30 am. Lubbock police officers are directing traffic at five intersections where traffic lights are down. The affected intersections are Milwaukee and Canyon West entrance, 43rd and Milwaukee, 34th and Milwaukee, 19th and Milwaukee, 19th and Iola. Drivers should avoid the areas if possible. Power lines were down at Milwaukee Avenue and the northbound lanes were blocked off from 19th street to 4th street. KCBD spoke with the Lubbock Police Department, and they say right now it's possible a car crashed into a pole near the area. However, LPD is also without power, so they can only give limited details. According to the US National Weather Service in Lubbock, arcing occurred for several minutes following the incident. This is a developing situation and we will continue to update the story as we get more information.

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another power outage in Texas

Isn't Texas once of those states that disregards infrastructure?

As opposed to what? California or New York?

Texas is the greatest state in the union, without it, Americans would probably all be speaking Russian by now. You want freedom and individual liberty, you go to Texas.

Noone messus with Texas! No power outrage will hurt the citizens there, they are too tough for the snowflakes that melt at the sight of adversity.

• Banned

We have a separate grid I think.

These are live attacks going on right now

upload_2017-4-24_14-31-34.png

Norse Attack Map

There have been an inordinate amount of power stations going out lately.

Yeah I know Texas is known for a lot of " brown outs" esp . during the summer time from al the AC etc.
With Trump in office, we are getting a lot more "browns out". ;)

But hey, I got my own generator. I just have to hope the gas station has electricity.

As opposed to what? California or New York?

Texas is the greatest state in the union, without it, Americans would probably all be speaking Russian by now. You want freedom and individual liberty, you go to Texas.

Noone messus with Texas! No power outrage will hurt the citizens there, they are too tough for the snowflakes that melt at the sight of adversity.
Damn, I have nothing left to say!

Yeah I know Texas is known for a lot of " brown outs" esp . during the summer time from al the AC etc.

The last time my power went out was in 08 when Ike hit....it was out for all of two hours.
I've lived in Houston,the most airconditioned city in the world,for 45 years and I dont recall ever having rolling brown outs.

The last time my power went out was in 08 when Ike hit....it was out for all of two hours.
I've lived in Houston,the most airconditioned city in the world,for 45 years and I dont recall ever having rolling brown outs.
When I lived in the sticks and was on the co-op, when we had a blizzard we had brown outs. Didn't hurt us, as we a generator, food, beer, ammo, gas and propane.

When I lived in the sticks and was on the co-op, when we had a blizzard we had brown outs. Didn't hurt us, as we a generator, food, beer, ammo, gas and propane.

That was due to inclement weather rather than to much power being used.

Not at all. Try driving around any major Texan city, construction everywhere.

FWIW, no power problems or brownouts for the past several years. When I first moved here in 1998, it was common to lose power in storms, ice or thunder, but over the past few years, I can't remember a single power outage. Just in case, I do have a 9000W generator in the garage.....for the zombie apocalypse dontcha know.

That was due to inclement weather rather than to much power being used.
Ok, but doesn't extreme temps cause people to use more power? Maybe more than can be handled a small plant?

Forum List

Back